Positive Windows phone news thread

amits1024

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks to UWP app for Candy Crush, now we are able to have more levels on Windows 10 mobile as compared to Android & IOS. Got the UWP update some days back on Candy Crush and many new levels came up there

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to UWP app for Candy Crush, now we are able to have more levels on Windows 10 mobile as compared to Android & IOS. Got the UWP update some days back on Candy Crush and many new levels came up there

My wife is quite happy, she keeps getting these new games on her 950, those restaurant serving type games.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
WTH? This seems real, did they find a crate with leftovers tucked away in a warehouse or something?!

If they did, they should not sell them at that price tag. Circuitry ages in different ways even while sitting for 2 yrs depending on temperature and other elements...Be nice if they sell the Warranty with them at that price.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
WTH? This seems real, did they find a crate with leftovers tucked away in a warehouse or something?!

Unlikely. Uncharged phone batteries die after about a year or so of sitting there doing nothing. Lithium needs charge and discharge. If they were lying around, they would have had to go to the trouble of replacing all the batteries.

Certainly intruiging that.........Looks like they actually produced another run of all their current models. But with no updates ATM, why?

Are they planning something they haven't mentioned? Weird.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can’t see them actually producing more at this point. Why?

And how? They sold off all the manufacturing capacity they acquired in the Nokia buy out. I believe it was to HMD Global Oy which is the Nokia based entity that makes the new Nokia phones... Maybe a limited run partnership?

Doubtful, but stranger things have happened...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
And how? They sold off all the manufacturing capacity they acquired in the Nokia buy out. I believe it was to HMD Global Oy which is the Nokia based entity that makes the new Nokia phones... Maybe a limited run partnership?

Doubtful, but stranger things have happened...

I can't make any sense of it in general. They supposedly cleared stock last year. They surely couldn't have such a bad inventory system they lost some. And they wouldn't take back stock resellers have already paid for.

Plus the price- it's not clearance pricing, its "we know these are going to sell nicely" pricing. Maybe they held some back just to juice the fans?

And they'd have had to replace or buy all the batteries (costing them money). It's a weird move, however it came about. Especially with no announcement.

They could have said officially "windows mobile is back for one last time", or made some kind of statement. Instead, just stealthly put them back in the store.

MSFT is so weird...

SA31

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Just checked the microsoft store. Looks like either all the stock sold, or it was a mistake, none are available.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. They all showed available this morning. I don't know why but the seeing the 950 for sale on the Microsoft site made me want one all over again.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Just checked the microsoft store. Looks like either all the stock sold, or it was a mistake, none are available.

lol, that probably makes more sense than anything. That it was the web store managers error, and they never should have been up there.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is the increase in the number of PWA something positive? Obviously it will not save WP, but it might improve things for the few remaining users. :) It's at least possible to turn on service workers etc on WM in Edge (about:flags, scroll waayyyy down), but can we then get PWA functionality simply by going to the website, or would we still need to install these from the store? :confused: Any experts here?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The characters in "Get Out" all carried 950's, and when one of them looked something up on a PC, they used Bing instead of Google. Wonder how much MS paid for that?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that as well!

I guess it's cheaper than paying licensing fees for iOS or Android. I do notice though that right now most shows or films feature the Microsoft Surface or SufaceBook (especially Netflix shows).

If only Microsoft had been that aggressive with Windows 10 Mobile....

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's cheaper than paying licensing fees for iOS or Android. I do notice though that right now most shows or films feature the Microsoft Surface or Suface Book (especially Netflix shows).

If only Microsoft had been that aggressive with Windows 10 Mobile....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs