Positive Windows phone news thread

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
If it ain't broken...then keep using it!
On the WP being on the big screen: @Drael646464 I like your earlier comment and mostly see it that way.
Do you think it is to provide a mysterious like theme? Lets face it nobody knows what a WP or W10M OS/WP Device really looks like, or at least the majority don't. Especially the younger generations. I think that provides a certain on-Screen presence of the actor/actress using it. Kinda ominous, like "what are they using?" kind of theme...young people/adults are heavily attracted to what everyone else is already accustom to. Mobile phones are still huge for teens nowadays as they only get hand me downs or used old devices from parents. And they use the tar out of them, believe me. So why would they not want to focus in on what their favorite show or actor/actress is carrying? I don't know just a thought...

Then again like said above...they ran out of the Palm's as a selection while back and moved on from BB earlier since BBOS is almost officially dead. Now WP gets to shine "ominously" for a few more.

Yeah, I think there's probably an element of the familiar can seem to mundane. Using android would make a crime thriller seem more like a soap.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
If it ain't broken...then keep using it!
On the WP being on the big screen: @Drael646464 I like your earlier comment and mostly see it that way.
Do you think it is to provide a mysterious like theme? Lets face it nobody knows what a WP or W10M OS/WP Device really looks like, or at least the majority don't. Especially the younger generations. I think that provides a certain on-Screen presence of the actor/actress using it. Kinda ominous, like "what are they using?" kind of theme...young people/adults are heavily attracted to what everyone else is already accustom to. Mobile phones are still huge for teens nowadays as they only get hand me downs or used old devices from parents. And they use the tar out of them, believe me. So why would they not want to focus in on what their favorite show or actor/actress is carrying? I don't know just a thought...

Then again like said above...they ran out of the Palm's as a selection while back and moved on from BB earlier since BBOS is almost officially dead. Now WP gets to shine "ominously" for a few more.

Whoa, hold on. BBOS was replaced back in 2013 with BB10 with both going EOL @ end of 2019. Two simultaneous almost dead OS. That gets some award, don’t it?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Whoa, hold on. BBOS was replaced back in 2013 with BB10 with both going EOL @ end of 2019. Two simultaneous almost dead OS. That gets some award, don’t it?

Well yes, blackberry did what a lot of people think msft should have done - hold on tenaciously until long after most CEOs would have given up. They figured out a nice save in the end, but they definately road well past the "it's too late" signs.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Very minor, but the manage my health app, a new Zealand government written app for tracking your public health records, medical results etc - which is a total eyesore, but it works, was also written in UWP.

Slow news day if something getting a UWP is a surprise tho :p God I hope windows on arm and windows s stirs up some UWP action.

Have you guys seem any good new apps?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Very minor, but the manage my health app, a new Zealand government written app for tracking your public health records, medical results etc - which is a total eyesore, but it works, was also written in UWP.

Slow news day if something getting a UWP is a surprise tho :p God I hope windows on arm and windows s stirs up some UWP action.

Have you guys seem any good new apps?
Which one do you want, good or new? Can't have both 🤣

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Well yes, blackberry did what a lot of people think msft should have done - hold on tenaciously until long after most CEOs would have given up. They figured out a nice save in the end, but they definately road well past the "it's too late" signs.

Yes, but many a game was WON with a last second 'Hail Mary' :winktongue: Can't win it unless you're in it. Whoa!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. And I can prove it. My son, after winning numerous racing championships, asked for a paternity test after seeing me badly miss an apex in my track car.

Johnny O'Connell is your son? That is the only logical conclusion I could come to when seeing your profile picture is the Cadillac emblem...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Johnny O'Connell is your son? That is the only logical conclusion I could come to when seeing your profile picture is the Cadillac emblem...
No, the avatar is just one I use on Cadillac forums (I have an ATS turbo M6). Was too lazy to make a new one here.

My track car was a '97 Pontiac Formula. Much like a World Challenge car of the day but kept everything to make it street legal in a pinch.

My son is the basis for my screen name though. Hoosier because I was born in Indiana and Daddy because at the track, I was just xxxx's Dad. LoL

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No, the avatar is just one I use on Cadillac forums (I have an ATS turbo M6). Was too lazy to make a new one here.

My track car was a '97 Pontiac Formula. Much like a World Challenge car of the day but kept everything to make it street legal in a pinch.

My son is the basis for my screen name though. Hoosier because I was born in Indiana and Daddy because at the track, I was just xxxx's Dad. LoL

Nice, I race with a guy that has a Phoenix prepped Formula. I think his is a 98 though.

Hoosier also just happens to tie in with the racing background nicely too.

Interesting to see the varied interests of people on here though. There are probably a lot of people that don't have a car or even a driver's license because they don't need it, and then there are gearheads/racers on the other end of the spectrum.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice, I race with a guy that has a Phoenix prepped Formula. I think his is a 98 though.

Hoosier also just happens to tie in with the racing background nicely too.

Interesting to see the varied interests of people on here though. There are probably a lot of people that don't have a car or even a driver's license because they don't need it, and then there are gearheads/racers on the other end of the spectrum.
Oh Lort! Enough of the racing talk, I'm still in recovery after 25 years away. Like many, I started with autocross and gymkhanas running Spitfires, German Ford Capris and Mustangs. Moved up to Formula Vee and a brief stint with Formula Fords. Also like many, a new bride put racing on hold.......for 25 years now and counting. No regerts.

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05