Positive Windows phone news thread

salaaa

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Microsoft hasn't launched a new Windows smartphone model for more than a year. However, it hasn't given up on its smartphone operating system, so there may still be smartphones from other manufacturers. Fortunately, you don't have to buy a new phone to run Windows 10

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft hasn't launched a new Windows smartphone model for more than a year. However, it hasn't given up on its smartphone operating system, so there may still be smartphones from other manufacturers. Fortunately, you don't have to buy a new phone to run Windows 10

I highly doubt any manufacturers are going to make phones for a mobile OS with 0.4% market share. The best people can hope for is continued updates and plentiful used devices.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt any manufacturers are going to make phones for a mobile OS with 0.4% market share. The best people can hope for is continued updates and plentiful used devices.
Wasn't there a Wiley Fox model released earlier this year or very late 2017?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't there a Wiley Fox model released earlier this year or very late 2017?

Who the **** is Wiley Fox? Not exactly a household name. What if I don’t like it? I get one choice from an obscure brand?
That was a while ago, I’m talking going forward as the person I responded to was stating.
I just don’t think many, if any, manufacturers are going to jump into an empty pool. Maybe angry beaver will make another one and I’ll be proven wrong. 🤪

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Who the **** is Wiley Fox? Not exactly a household name. What if I don’t like it? I get one choice from an obscure brand?
That was a while ago, I’m talking going forward as the person I responded to was stating.
I just don’t think many, if any, manufacturers are going to jump into an empty pool. Maybe angry beaver will make another one and I’ll be proven wrong. ������

Who the f**k was Alcatel when the Fierce 10 XL, and later Idol, showed up? An unknown in the US for sure. Millions have bought One Plus, Huawei and other obscure manufacturers that were invisible to US buyers. I don't live in the UK but maybe Wileyfox is a thing there. Besides, why would I want to buy a Euro-spec phone that may or may not support my bands here? It doesn't take away from the fact that if someone wanted a recent Windows phone directly from a manufacturer along with a warranty and guaranteed support for another year, there was some form of availability.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So the Nuans or Vaio work ok with TMO? I don't give a rat's a$$ about AT&T, they're on my permanent s**t list.

I almost bought a PhoneBiz, and that one is still on my list to get. I have never used the Neo yet, but they both should work. How well, is unknown. So I guess don't completely quote me on that above.

I used the Madosma Q601 on T-Mobile though, and got data messaging and phone calls I believe. It used the aws bands only. I used it only for a short while however...I got risky and tried to force some package updates and fried the graphics chip on 2 of them. One of them still works as far as graphics, but is boot loop stuck because the DPP partition is messed up. I will be honest, I am not certain that the Japanese models will work right out of the box, some might though. It has been a while since I had one in use. I always end up unlocking my phones to access critical files in order to try to help myself get more use out of them.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Who the f**k was Alcatel when the Fierce 10 XL, and later Idol, showed up? An unknown in the US for sure. Millions have bought One Plus, Huawei and other obscure manufacturers that were invisible to US buyers. I don't live in the UK but maybe Wileyfox is a thing there. Besides, why would I want to buy a Euro-spec phone that may or may not support my bands here? It doesn't take away from the fact that if someone wanted a recent Windows phone directly from a manufacturer along with a warranty and guaranteed support for another year, there was some form of availability.

Well, since I bought the Alcatel Idol 4S I can tell you I would never buy another one. The camera was the most pitiful thing I've ever seen on a phone since my Nokia candy bar phones.
I don't begrudge anyone who wants another windows phone built but I stick by my guns, don't expect a lineup of manufacturers fighting to build the next one.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, since I bought the Alcatel Idol 4S I can tell you I would never buy another one. The camera was the most pitiful thing I've ever seen on a phone since my Nokia candy bar phones.
I don't begrudge anyone who wants another windows phone built but I stick by my guns, don't expect a lineup of manufacturers fighting to build the next one.

Ya true. It's left to individuals or entrepreneurs Wileyfox is like the last bigger company in the mix. I am still hoping for the Cerulean Moment to suddenly be reborn, 😎. Too bad it is all about making money instead of having fun and trying new things...but if it weren't we would not have monopoly's, economy surges, and consumerism right 😉?
One of these days maybe I will figure out how to build my own Windows 10 Mobile Frankenphone from all the parts I have lying around 😀, just for fun.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Ya true. It's left to individuals or entrepreneurs Wileyfox is like the last bigger company in the mix. I am still hoping for the Cerulean Moment to suddenly be reborn, . Too bad it is all about making money instead of having fun and trying new things...but if it weren't we would not have monopoly's, economy surges, and consumerism right ?
One of these days maybe I will figure out how to build my own Windows 10 Mobile Frankenphone from all the parts I have lying around , just for fun.

I totally agree with you. Just think if we had multiple companies building devices for multiple OS’s. Wouldn’t that bring about innovation, competition and perhaps even lower prices for all of us? But, as you stated, we live in a world of monopoly’s and consumerism so we are on the short end of the stick. That’s where my reality kicks in and I think “who’s going to stick their neck out to build a Windows phone just to have it chopped off”? It stinks. I really loved Windows phone but had to jump to iPhone to get what I needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05