Positive Windows phone news thread

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty sure that was you with your XDA post the other day.
Yeah, I have a different username over there. I rarely visit that site anymore, too many spoiled little brats that don't know how to follow directions or want you to fix their bricked devices over the internet. Tell one of them little bastards to go f**k themselves even via PM and you get a lifetime ban, hence the other username. The notion of a free exchange of information and ideas has taken a hard turn off the road and I'm not down with that.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I have a different username over there. I rarely visit that site anymore, too many spoiled little brats that don't know how to follow directions or want you to fix their bricked devices over the internet. Tell one of them little bastards to go f**k themselves even via PM and you get a lifetime ban, hence the other username. The notion of a free exchange of information and ideas has taken a hard turn off the road and I'm not down with that.

yeah that's a reason I never go there any more also, and then you have these pompous know it all's that need to be condescending to everyone instead of just helping people without the all the childish BS...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
yeah that's a reason I never go there any more also, and then you have these pompous know it all's that need to be condescending to everyone instead of just helping people without the all the childish BS...
I have a Ph.D. in sarcasm, it helps in dealing with children with entitlement issues. That's why this site is a pleasure to visit. The moderation staff is the best in the business.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Cool. But why?
Can you even buy the XL anymore? Other than second hand, I mean?
I loved that phone, but is anyone actively searching for that comparison?
This is not a negative response. I'm just curious.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Cool. But why?
Can you even buy the XL anymore? Other than second hand, I mean?
I loved that phone, but is anyone actively searching for that comparison?
This is not a negative response. I'm just curious.

Interestingly the Lumia 950 XL post processing is so dead on that it honestly has been a baseline for many photo enthusiasts for the past several years. I had no idea how well Nokia did with the PureView especially on the the Gen 1 Pureview HW until late.
The guys that read his reviews have used phones from the Huawei line P20 series Pixel 2 series and Iphones. They look forward to the comparisons because they want to know before buying that newer device themselves...

You can sometimes find at rare times a seller selling an unopened Lumia 950 XL...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey, even if it was just for a few hours at least Microsoft was top of the heap for once instead of a heaping pile. That's gotta count for something.
As a serial off-topic poster, I don't mind if that is. Good read, but I didn't see any positive Windows phone news in that.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey, even if it was just for a few hours at least Microsoft was top of the heap for once instead of a heaping pile. That's gotta count for something.

Very true! For those who made snide comments about the CEO, he had the foresight to see that they needed to shift away from things like smartphones and focus on the cloud and their productivity software. It obviously has worked.
Smartphone fans are pissed.
Stockholders are rejoicing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6