Positive Windows phone news thread

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Very true! For those who made snide comments about the CEO, he had the foresight to see that they needed to shift away from things like smartphones and focus on the cloud and their productivity software. It obviously has worked.
Smartphone fans are pissed.
Stockholders are rejoicing.
Dead on! As bitter as it is sweet for Windows Phone fans/users this is good news.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I am sure MS will be back in the mobile device business by mid, to late 2019. I am on Skip Ahead Insider Ring and with the last update (Build 18290) I have really noticed that it looks more and more like the layout of my 950XL, which I like...much easier to navigate when using different devices. I think a mobile folding device is just around the corner. I hope my 950XL will hold out:)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I am sure MS will be back in the mobile device business by mid, to late 2019. I am on Skip Ahead Insider Ring and with the last update (Build 18290) I have really noticed that it looks more and more like the layout of my 950XL, which I like...much easier to navigate when using different devices. I think a mobile folding device is just around the corner. I hope my 950XL will hold out:)

You can’t be sure of anything with Microsoft.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@fatclue_98
They come and they go right?
In the words used by many: You win some, you lose some, but you live... You live to fight another day!

I mean look at Nokia. Some of these Businesses will be trucking along long long after even after the dust settles.

Venezolano

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Hola ..(Para Nate0) te saludo desde Venezuela tengo un Celular Alcatel idol s4 de T- Mobile, quiero saber si actualizo con la Rom
IDOL4S_6071W_F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail_10.0.15254.489_Custom

o esta

IDOL4S_6071W_F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM_10.0.15254.490_Custom

puedo liberar el celular para telefonía Venezolana y otra pregunta, si puedo utilizar el programa APKToWin10M con esta Rom para instalar apk ...gracias y Disculpa

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Omg, normally I get new phones every year or so, so dying to get something but Windows based lol :winktongue:

Have you used every model of Windows phone at least capable of running W10M? Or were you looking more specifically for a HW upgrade?

There are a handful I have never touched yet, most of which are the Japanese models and the Cube WP10 device. Over time though the hardware is getting a bit out dated...when I feel that way I just look to a Idol 4s or Elite X3, but my fall back device is the 950 XL.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I lost my 950xl in a taxi in Okinawa in October :( I can't believe it hasn't turned up yet, like it's pretty distinctive, Microsoft Phone with a wood mozo case lol... And japanese so honest right??? Lol...

I've repaired that screen 4 times and a couple days before I lost it, the camera focus motor was doing crazy things, so needed to replace the camera module.

I like the size of the x3 and found it does really nice hdr pics if you give it time and steadiness but I find it doesn't work half the time and need to reboot the phone to have hdr working. I still miss the 950xl as an overall package.

The only other model I really want to try out is the jade primo since @fatclue_98 raves about it so much... The Japanese one and cube one, just not powerful enough I think?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I lost my 950xl in a taxi in Okinawa in October :( I can't believe it hasn't turned up yet, like it's pretty distinctive, Microsoft Phone with a wood mozo case lol... And japanese so honest right??? Lol...

I've repaired that screen 4 times and a couple days before I lost it, the camera focus motor was doing crazy things, so needed to replace the camera module.

I like the size of the x3 and found it does really nice hdr pics if you give it time and steadiness but I find it doesn't work half the time and need to reboot the phone to have hdr working. I still miss the 950xl as an overall package.

The only other model I really want to try out is the jade primo since @fatclue_98 raves about it so much... The Japanese one and cube one, just not powerful enough I think?
What region do you live at?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss