What was the best Lumia of all time?

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
+1

I loved the pocketability and how smooth the 520 was, and the camera was also nice too. I miss that phone size a lot actually.

Enjoyed the 640 too because it was very nice. I wished that it was smaller like the 520 a good amount of the time though.

Out of the two, definitely the 640. The 520 (521 in my case) was a great phone to introduce people to Windows Phone, but for me, the 640 fixed all the issues the 521 had. I found the battery on the 521 to be wanting, and the screen was useless outside in bright sunlight. The 640 fixed those as well as adding a great camera (for it's price).

The 521 was a good inexpensive phone to introduce people to Windows Phone but the 640 was an absolute bargain in comparison, and I am talking about it's original price, not the $30 prices they were being sold at later on.

It's because of great phones like the 640, I have never seen the need to get a flagship.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Certainly not the best phone spec wise, but the 520 (For me the 521 variant) was the best as it introduced myself and others to the platform. That phone was a Trojan horse that made me move away from my Mac usage of 15 years and give Windows a second look, which admittedly I had written off as being "uncool".

Phones like this got me on Xbox (From PS), Groove, and Surface, and it held up for 2.5 years for me!

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Certainly not the best phone spec wise, but the 520 (For me the 521 variant) was the best as it introduced myself and others to the platform. That phone was a Trojan horse that made me move away from my Mac usage of 15 years and give Windows a second look, which admittedly I had written off as being "uncool".

Phones like this got me on Xbox (From PS), Groove, and Surface, and it held up for 2.5 years for me!
I have said before that Nokia failed to capitalize on the success of this phone. I remember looking for a suitable upgrade, I am not into flagship phones, and found nothing worthwhile until the 640 came along. It's as if they start to get some momentum and then someone forgets to shovel more coal into the fire.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
"Which Lumia and why?"

This commercial is answer to both .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M94arHXnSg8

The 920 set the bar very high for innovations,
The camera - city lens and Refocus, offline Here maps, auto cloud backup of photos, Dolby and OIS for photo and video. Deep integration of the hubs.
It's built like a tank - Remember all the physical abuse and trauma the 920 had to endure for the millions of YouTube videos?
Yeah, it even stops the occasional bullet too...

... !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans