Is this really true?

Ethical shopping guide to Mobile Phone Handsets, from Ethical Consumer

It seems like both the lumia and the surface products gets a very low rating compared to products from other companys.

Even the iphone gets a much higher rating.
    04-28-2017 02:03 PM
    I've taken a look and my take is that it could very well be valid, but I want to see the data behind it all first.

Anyone want to get that 30-day trial and show us what it says? If inaccurate, we could be looking at them using insufficient data. If true, it could be a very interesting behind-the-scenes look. (if you max the value of the Politics slider, Samsung comes up last interestingly enough.)

I know that iPhone's would get a higher rating since Apple has been talking about their recycling, sustainability, not using certain materials, efforts and stuff, something I don't usually see Microsoft trumpeting on-stage.
    (they may not build iPhones to be modular but they certainly have a top-notch support lifespan as well as a massive market for repairs and parts.)

But if it included the Surface line of computers I definitely believe that the rating should be low given the poor repairability of the lineup.
    04-28-2017 06:22 PM