Coming to the platform? Thinking of buying a windows phone? Comment here.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
It's crazy how many of us old BB10 users have started making the trek over here. Definitely interested to see what your experience will be. Good luck!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Jinxing myself here but I think the ones that have drop anxiety tends to have it break. Knock on wood but I've dropped my 950xl too many times and a few times I thought for sure it broke! I don't use cases or screen protectors.

You put a case on if you're worried and should be fine! Gives you extra grip anyhow!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
So I came into a little cash at last, leaning very heavy toward 950.

With a case and tempered glass it should be 'aight.

Plus it has a killer camera and the specs to carry any updates (when 10m comes of feature 2) or apps.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Did it, went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Lumia 950 (and case and tempered glass), and grabbed a decent miracast dongle while I was there, to dip my toes in continuum.

XL is too big for me, and I have a 9.7 inch tablet, so if I wanted to view content, what would be the point (plus, miracast too)

It's going to be adventure, will have to upgrade the heck out of it, set it up, and there are so many apps/games I'll want to install (Because I've been poking around the windows store for ages, partly for work, partly for my tablet)

Yay!

It'll take a week to get here, and I'm going to give detailed impressions :p

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Did it, went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Lumia 950 (and case and tempered glass), and grabbed a decent miracast dongle while I was there, to dip my toes in continuum.

XL is too big for me, and I have a 9.7 inch tablet, so if I wanted to view content, what would be the point (plus, miracast too)

It's going to be adventure, will have to upgrade the heck out of it, set it up, and there are so many apps/games I'll want to install (Because I've been poking around the windows store for ages, partly for work, partly for my tablet)

Yay!

Welcome on board!!
I've a ex-colleague, an ex-BB user too, who jumped into W10 via a 925 and now a 950.
Should be interesting to see if your experience of W10m is similar to his. !!!
Enjoy your 950.

... !!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Welcome on board!!
I've a ex-colleague, an ex-BB user too, who jumped into W10 via a 925 and now a 950.
Should be interesting to see if your experience of W10m is similar to his. !!!
Enjoy your 950.

... !!

It'll take me some getting used to software keys again. Might keep my BB for a wifi only round the home email/message machine :p

I'm already starting to think of all the apps I want from the windows store. The interface and OS experience will be VERY interesting, as both familiar, and new. I've quite used to BB10, and android, and windows on pc, but win10 mobile is slightly something else of its own.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Yay!

Glad you finally pulled trigger. Looking forward to hear about your experience.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Glad you finally pulled trigger. Looking forward to hear about your experience.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

It's going to be interesting. I can already see some apps for windows 10 mobile, don't come up in the store on PC, unless you search them in a web search. Like the runtastic app, or the mi band app.

Must be they only show on mobile version of the store. So there will be a bunch of things to get used to there as well!

No doubt I'll be bugging the heck out of all of you for technical info, while I get it all set up and optimised.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's going to be interesting. I can already see some apps for windows 10 mobile, don't come up in the store on PC, unless you search them in a web search. Like the runtastic app, or the mi band app.

Must be they only show on mobile version of the store. So there will be a bunch of things to get used to there as well!

No doubt I'll be bugging the heck out of all of you for technical info, while I get it all set up and optimised.

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your 950. I'm also looking forward to your impressions as well. That is a nice phone with a great camera.

TechADD

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I came from BB10 in 2015. I picked the 950 over the priv. I came for the camera and stayed because of it and WordFlow. The OS has come a long way. My Z30 smoked the 950 at almost everything except the camera for the first year. I'm planning on staying until Sony allows users to replace replace Android with Sailfish later this year. I don't regret coming to Windows or buying the 950 at launch. Enjoy your new phone.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Something to brighten your day. If you use Continuum wirelessly via a generic dongle, you'll find the bottleneck is the wireless connection for speed. Ramping up the CPU won't help much. Wired, you may notice a difference but not by much. The 950 XL is pretty rapid when wired on Continuum. If you buy an MS Wireless Display Adapter v2 (not v1) it actually has special extensions to Miracast which increase range and reduce lag for Continuum phones only. Yes, specific phone support that other W10 devices can't make use of. And it works, because I've tried a generic stick and other devices through the MS stick, and due to the occasional misconnect I know how the stick reacts to the phone if it doesn't enable the extensions. Just like it used to with my Roku or with the tablet, OK but a bit laggy. When the extensions kick in the lag is DRAMATICALLY reduced. Even with the extensions though, the slowest link will be the wireless display not the CPU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6