The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I dropped my 950 one too many times and the chrome-ish band on my brown leather Mozo cover was cracked, so I ordered a new one.

It's not the same at all. My original felt & looked like a premium leather, this seems like pleather and it's not even the same color - much lighter. There's even a noticeable difference in the stitching.

I feel like I got ripped off or even got a counterfeit product, but I order straight from Mozo.

Shame on them for obviously lower the build quality. I won't be making another purchase from them... although the leather folio case for my SP3 will be here tomorrow :|
    05-02-2017 11:08 PM
    how about take it up with them, show them your old one?
    05-02-2017 11:52 PM
    I have the same issue. The new ones are not the same as the old ones. The leather feels fake, and the silver finish rubs off in a few days. Mine started rubbing off in the corners after about 2 days, and now it is rubbing off on the sides as well after about a month.

I did bring it up to them, and they offered to ship a different cover as a replacement (I got the zebra wood one, but haven't installed it yet). They never commented on changes to the production process, but there clearly is something different.

I have been looking on ebay and the classifieds here looking for a used one that is of the old design. No luck yet. The brown/silver cover is the one that looks the best to me, hands down, but I'm afraid I might have to move on to something else. It seems that now that Mozo has branched out to iphone covers they are letting the quality slip.
    05-03-2017 08:44 AM
    I ordered a black leather cover and had a problem with it in 3 weeks so I contacted them. They told me to send a picture and my order # and they would send me a new 1. That was a month ago. I have not received anything and they have not responded to any emails I have sent them since. I was actually ready to order a 2nd one but not anymore. I am done with them.
    05-03-2017 06:21 PM
    From my experience, the build quality is definitely different for the 950XL Cognac covers. I originally ordered one in December 2015 right after they were released (phone and covers). I recently purchased another one from the Microsoft store and the first thing I notice was the difference in the "Cognac" color, which seems to be more brown than my prior one. Not exactly a deal breaker, but the previous cover was more of a reddish brown.

One improvement that I did notice is that the stitching is much better on this newer one. The first production run used to have a defect in the area right above the USB port.
    05-03-2017 09:29 PM
    how about take it up with them, show them your old one?
    I'm sure they know the difference, just wondering if anyone else is seeing what I see and kind of warning others what to expect.
    05-03-2017 10:13 PM
    I recently purchased another one from the Microsoft store and the first thing I notice was the difference in the "Cognac" color, which seems to be more brown than my prior one. Not exactly a deal breaker, but the previous cover was more of a reddish brown.
    That's inherent in the material though right? If it's real leather, it's not going to be a perfect match each time
    Last edited by anthonyng; 05-04-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: goooooo wordflow
    libra89 likes this.
    05-03-2017 10:58 PM
    That's inherent in the material though right? If it's real letter, it's not going to be a perfect match each time
    Of course variation in the grain of leather is normal. However, in the case of the Cognac 950XL covers, they have obviously used a different dye. It is not a night and day difference, but is noticeable to those who have seen these covers from earlier production lots.
    anthonyng likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:35 AM
    The newer covers also have more of a shiny look to the leather (again only have had cognac so I can't comment on others). Makes is feel and look fake.

Just bought a used one on ebay, which I think is the older style. Hopefully I can do a side by side comparison soon.
    05-04-2017 08:19 AM