Andromeda: What it is

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I think I've cracked what this is. It's a device, this device (from one of MSFT many aspirational videos):

screenshot%20(221).jpg

Check out this:
https://mobile.twitter.com/h0x0d/status/865413437551067137

It describes a device with two separate 3 axis gyros, and a "hinge value" - a detachable clamshell device. Which might mean nothing to be if I hadn't real any warditorials like this one-

Microsoft's Surface phone should be much more than just a 'phone' | Windows Central

This code shows that Andromeda is also a windows platform. https://mobile.twitter.com/h0x0d/status/865492892734730241

It's also in other code found to have its own composable shell. This merely not a new OS, or OS feature. Its a new form factor of mobile device WITH its own windows platform variant.

A detachable clamshell with two components producing a highly flexible (tent, clamshell, separate), and highly portable device (its literally the size of a credit card folded up, and yet reasonable screen real estate when unfolded and attached).

It might potentially also run continuum/cshell, and possibly windows on arm for that purpose.

MSFT, it appears is ACTUALLY making the things in its aspirational videos (the kiosk was also in one of these, before it was then made). Perhaps somewhere down the line we'll see that semi-folding magazine style notebook!

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I read the tweets too, and reg entries are there and show clearly what could be. I think you are clearly on the right track and adding that the two are detachable makes more sense. Now I bet it comes in more than one size. How is public TV as such a testing ground or gauge as real world? (WestWorld Phone)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I read the tweets too, and reg entries are there and show clearly what could be. I think you are clearly on the right track and adding that the two are detachable makes more sense. Now I bet it comes in more than one size. How is public TV as such a testing ground or gauge as real world? (WestWorld Phone)

Yeah true, I could see it coming in multiple sizes. I'd be quite attracted to a small form, that folds out the a bigger display. Yeah the hint for the detachable is the separate gyros AND the hinge. It matches perfectly like something above, which in the original video has used to make a call, whilst second screening with the other screen.

With something like this you need a very adaptive shell, and in a way it paves the road for flexible screen tech, like MS and samsungs shared patent on the graphene oled screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss