Fitbit app -- syncing issue with latest update

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this?

This seems to be an issue with the latest app update for Windows 10. I use my Fitbit products with the Windows 10 app -- normally synced to a Windows 10 phone via Bluetooth. I started to notice this issue on June 3rd, although it's possible it was occurring maybe a day or two prior. There was recently an update to the Windows app, version 2.22.1103.0, that appears to cause this issue.

I have tried to pair my normal Fitbit One as well as an older Zip using the app. My phone was updated before by PC, so I disconnected my One from the phone and paired with the PC that was yet to receive the update. Unfortunately, once I updated the PC it broke the syncing with the One again. Duplicate issue with another Fitbit device.

So it appears that the update to the Windows app is the issue.

If you delete the device from the app and re-add it, you will get one good sync out of the device, so it's a royal pain but if you do it once every day or two you will see that your activities are then shared in the online dashboard.

The buggy Windows 10 app is only impacting syncing of the Fitbit fitness tracker. The other portions of the app -- weight, food log, etc. all appear to be syncing back to the web without incident in the background as intended.

Just checking if anyone else has experienced this...

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
To answer your question, no. My FitBit has syncing flawlessly (probably just jinxed myself) through every update.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I have up on the live tile about a month ago, very wonky. I ended up just pinning the smallest tile to my screen so that the tile is never live.

On my PC I have kept the live tile pinned and all it ever shoes is some badges earned ages ago. Who knows what's going on...

Are you having the Bluetooth sync issue like I am experiencing?

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
For anyone who was experiencing an issue with Bluetooth sync with the Fitbit app -- it appears to have been fixed with an update pushed out to W10 and W10M devices today. All is well so far -- knock on wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte