Visit site
Wow truly amazing!

Let start dreaming!

This one says everything:
ee9b7b53506173.593f350879598.png

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I would be a nervous wreck using something like that. I would be so worried about sitting it down and scratching the back screen.

I actually had the concept pictured in my head as three panels. Two would form the big tablet screen and would fold together inside for protection. The third would show outside for the folded pocket phone mode and be on the bottom when unfolded. Guess that would overly complicate things and drive up the cost.

However, just take my money and send me one now!

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I would be a nervous wreck using something like that. I would be so worried about sitting it down and scratching the back screen.

I actually had the concept pictured in my head as three panels. Two would form the big tablet screen and would fold together inside for protection. The third would show outside for the folded pocket phone mode and be on the bottom when unfolded. Guess that would overly complicate things and drive up the cost.

However, just take my money and send me one now!

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
With all the excitement on this surface Note concept.
Let's look back at what MS envisioned its phones would be in the near future on one of their future vision videos made 6 years ago. 6 years....

ezgif.com-optimize(1).jpg

The detachable nature of the device is far out but take note that when put together they're held by a familiar hinge design akin to a recently published MS patent.
Interesting no? :winktongue:

vlcsnap-2017-06-20-00h03m17s797.png
vlcsnap-2017-06-20-00h03m46s455.png
vlcsnap-2017-06-20-00h03m52s787.png

Some other interesting things to take note of is the inkling of cshell, fluid design even then, and what might be the future of interactive notifications for us. :grin:

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
With all the excitement on this surface Note concept.
Let's look back at what MS envisioned its phones would be in the near future on one of their future vision videos made 6 years ago. 6 years....

View attachment 136360

The detachable nature of the device is far out but take note that when put together they're held by a familiar hinge design akin to a recently published MS patent.
Interesting no? :winktongue:

View attachment 136361
View attachment 136362
View attachment 136363

Some other interesting things to take note of is the inkling of cshell, fluid design even then, and what might be the future of interactive notifications for us. :grin:

That's either Andromeda, or Andromeda is the OS designed to run it. I'm pretty sure they are making something like that. Not the original renders of the OP though, because flexible OLED is still prohibitively expensive to mass produce.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Nice! there's a rumor that Samsung might launch something like this next year or the end of the quarter though if i got my news right

There's be a rumour of that, literally every year since MS and Samsung co-developed and unveiled the protos for flexible oled in 2013.

Unfortunately its the production cost of graphene that is the big issue. If graphene can be made more cheaply, it'll change more than screen tech. It can be used for chemical production, energyless water filtration, virtually indescrutible materials, battery tech, circuit design and more.

When it happens it will be a tech revolution. But I don't think it'll be next year.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Good Luck putting a screen protector on that :grincry:

When designs like this come, which will not be soon, because of manu costs of graphene being so high, it'll be made of graphene.

Stuff is more durable than diamond. You'd never have to worry about it breaking or scratching. Ever. It may even reflect a bullet without cracking.

In fact the worry if anything would be the opposite - how to break it down when you don't want it any more, electronic waste. What if your kid eats some. That kind of thing.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When designs like this come, which will not be soon, because of manu costs of graphene being so high, it'll be made of graphene.

Stuff is more durable than diamond. You'd never have to worry about it breaking or scratching. Ever. It may even reflect a bullet without cracking.

In fact the worry if anything would be the opposite - how to break it down when you don't want it any more, electronic waste. What if your kid eats some. That kind of thing.

You might be going a little far with the bullet there. Its still a mm thick. Good to know it is highly scratch resistant though.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It's extremely interesting. Beautiful (except for the horrid software concept), and completely mind boggling. But I don't know if Panay's vision will look anything like this.

It's intriguing, for sure, but there's a lot of things to consider about this.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't doubting its ability, but on the scale of thickness that would be used for a screen it would not stop a bullet.

Either way, like you said, it will be a long time until we see this being used on a phone if ever.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I wasn't doubting its ability, but on the scale of thickness that would be used for a screen it would not stop a bullet.

Either way, like you said, it will be a long time until we see this being used on a phone if ever.

Actually I think it'll only be about five years. But it will be "original cellphone" expensive at first. They need to bring down the production costs, and for that they need a market. Elite business people fit that mold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro