How's Windows 10 Mobile now?

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Ive been using Android for a few months already after saying goodbye to my broken Windows Phone. And yes, I am missing W10M and my Windows Phone/Mobile so much. I switched to Andoid because this is what my father gave me plus there's not much Windows phone to buy. Im just wondering how it is doing now, I mean the OS. I was a Fast Ring Insider for Mobile back then and now I realized i have not been waiting for updates and sending feedbacks for months now.

HBLEY

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Shifted to iPhone long time back. Using 7 plus now. Though my brother last night bought one Windows phone. I have to which one he bought.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
W10m is better than ever but worse than ever at the same time. Only Microsoft could achieve that. The builds even on Fast Insider ring are more stable than ever and really good. It's actually quite enjoyable now and what it should have been a year or 2 ago. There's also less apps than ever and everyone is expecting Microsoft to kill off W10m at any minute. I'm glad I kept my 950xl after getting the iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy s8 Plus then the LG G6 as I only kept it as my work phone and a back up but I'm back using it as my daily driver again and loving it more than ever. I'm even going out today to buy a second hand 1520 as a back up and for a bit of nostalgia.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
What dov said. I moved to an Iphone 7+ because my X3 on fast ring was rebooting too often. The latest fast rings solved that. The garbage collection is still hit or miss and a forced reboot every day is still necessary. Outlook is way better than on Android or Iphone. Still, there are glaring app holes (Starbucks) and other oddities.

Still even ON THE 7+ there are issues. Check this out while I was typing, my keyboard disappeared...

c73f06a84a58e89eb92635186afb2990.jpg

IOTW, the Iphone sucks slightly less than W10m

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I've no idea really how it was, but insiders preview resolved all my OS bugs, so the recent focus on bugfixes, despite everyone complaining about that, has definitely been beneficial.

The few small feature updates are handy. Share icon, paired with hand off app, is kinda dope.

Apps is a mixed bag. The devs that jumped on with 8.1 and Silverlight, some of them are jumping ship. At the same time, those that are taking up full UWP, are jumping on. So apps are leaving and arriving at the same time. Expect that trend will continue as Silverlight will be phased out, and windows on arm will bring more UWP.

For older users this might be perceived more as "apps leaving". For a newer users like me, I see it more as "apps incoming", because I don't have those old app habits, that the older users do. I hope and look forward to UWP getting more fire in its belly.

What I would love to see, is the serious flush of centennial apps - a few of those start to move to UWP when windows on arm is released. That happens, and an ios port or to, I'll feel pretty confident about the app future. Kinda feel like win10ms future, and UWPs future depends on the dual "herding" strategies of windows s, and windows on arm.

We will however need, at least one small screen device released in the next few years, for devs to bother scaling correctly at the small end, past the size of smaller tablets.

But yeah, that's an aside. As I understand it, win10m has been buggy, and that's only really _just_ being resolved.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile hasn't really improved tangibly this past year.

And above where the keyboard disappeared, iOS DOES have issues but they are relatively few and far between, whereas W10M's typing has been broken (it works, but I can't type at my normal pace) ubetween hard resets and WDRT uses for me.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Ahh, yes. Bur it hasn't worked for months. I've posted feedback. Just recently it won't even launch. Here are relevant feedback linky thingies...

First it won't login - https://insider.windows.com/en-us/f...d=abc45144-b1c3-4ce7-825c-65f6966034a7&form=2

Now it won't even launch - https://insider.windows.com/en-us/f...d=40833f37-e578-45db-862b-a6861f0a7535&form=2

Who needs apps?

Personally, I just write my order on a piece of paper which I then fold into a paper airplane. I open a window and fling it towards the nearest Starbucks. A little while later I find a latte on my front steps.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Who needs apps?

Personally, I just write my order on a piece of paper which I then fold into a paper airplane. I open a window and fling it towards the nearest Starbucks. A little while later I find a latte on my front steps.

Yeah if it were only that easy. We love the app. Often times we'll order ahead, and I'll send one of my sons in to pick up our drinks..

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I am on PRODUCTION build. The normal regular build that is available to the general public, not Insider builds. Too glitch for me now.

It's has greatly improved, but still terrible IMHO. It's still glitch as all hell on my Lumia 950XL. Cortana issues hasn't been fixed since day one - does not respond to "HEY CORTANA" very well. Cortana perks up even when it's was invoked or totally dead silence. Double Tap to wake is still terrible. Does not wake up well when it does. Sometimes a notification vibration will continue to vibrate and not wake the screen up and buzzes until it crashes and reboots.

Continuum, while it does work, is still abysmal - slow and rocky. Sure you can get stuff done, but it's a damn chore when I can just open my ultrabook and get work done a lot faster.

Resuming bug still alive and well. Resuming apps hangs, crashes, or makes phone reboot. Take your pick. Groove STILL does not detect all music on my OneDrive account.

OneDrive apps is very slow and often time hangs.

Too many other issues.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I assume everyone experiencing some kind of bugs has reported every single one in the feedback hub?

I mean they are currently working on nothing but bugfixes. Ideal time to log everything.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
What annoys be atm is the groove app. Its a great app. On PC and on mobile. But on mobile, it struggles to resume play, and stops playing with incoming voice texts etc. Real shame, I'm having to find something else.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
What annoys be atm is the groove app. Its a great app.

...and another issue. It works better on Iphone than on W10m. (yes, I've reported in feedback hub)

Seems the only Microsoft app with better functionality on W10M than Android Iphone is Outlook. And that's only because of the encryption issue and calendar integration. Of course Iphone Outlook has the integrated inbox we've been posting feedback on.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Who needs apps?

Well I use a pigeon. Not only does it send the order, it brings back the change. Does your little airplane do round trips?

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
You mean overpriced. No such thing as overrated coffee.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

My beautiful young bride thinks I'm crazy spending $2 on a cup. I have an espresso machine and have a Mr. Coffee but like to go. so does my little furry one. She gets a pupuccino when we walk there.

f77696d94c966fbd6b3ff5a80ce622d3.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3