Another Windows App Better than IOS

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
My favorite app lately is Audible. I listen to books during my hour long commute (15 miles). Though the app on W10m was spotty, at least it worked. On my Iphone, not only can I not stream books but i can't purchase new.

Lame

f2e2e359fd25ba265bbfb59bd58511df.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't use it but maybe someone else does and can give you iPhone help.
Apple doesn't want you buying books or music from anywhere except iTunes. I'm not surprised, it's part of their walled garden approach.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
iOS has always had this limitation as far as I know. Vudu and amazon video apps are the same. Can't purchase from the app as Apple wants a cut. Have to go through the website on safari then it will be in the app. Kind of a pain.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's shocking. I hope that they fix that soon, especially considering that they are far from a small app.
Not gonna happen anytime soon. Try buying a book on the Amazon app, you can't download an ebook. You buy the ebook through the website and download it to your Kindle account and then it'll show up on your iOS app. If iTunes don't make money, nobody makes money.....in the Apple universe. It's going to be interesting to see how they keep the fence up after they introduce their "file manager" on iOS 11. If I was a betting man I'd say MP3 files and epub files will remain verboten. Also, nobody has said anything if iOS devices will have mass storage capability.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Not gonna happen anytime soon. Try buying a book on the Amazon app, you can't download an ebook. You buy the ebook through the website and download it to your Kindle account and then it'll show up on your iOS app. If iTunes don't make money, nobody makes money.....in the Apple universe. It's going to be interesting to see how they keep the fence up after they introduce their "file manager" on iOS 11. If I was a betting man I'd say MP3 files and epub files will remain verboten. Also, nobody has said anything if iOS devices will have mass storage capability.
That's just crazy that Apple is so strong armed. Since you said that, that explains why some media subscription services encourage you to use their site to subscribe and not through iTunes. I have seen that and I didn't get it.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
That's just crazy that Apple is so strong armed. Since you said that, that explains why some media subscription services encourage you to use their site to subscribe and not through iTunes. I have seen that and I didn't get it.

Apple is very set in their ways. That's good and bad for us but mostly good for them. They have control of the user experience and it seems to sell quite well. Certainly can't fault their strategy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is a very good example as to why I will never buy an Apple product.

I don't have this issue at all on my Android device.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a very good example as to why I will never buy an Apple product.

I don't have this issue at all on my Android device.
Even on iOS there are workarounds. But if I want workarounds I'll gladly stay on WinMo and pocket the difference.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss