Microsoft Working on New Windows 10 Mobile Device, Already Spotted in Campus

I have $300 saved so far. I'll hand down my 950XL to my dad, and buy the new flagship day one!
    Charis Ntouroutlis likes this.
    07-10-2017 10:27 PM
    I saw a couple articles written about this. So still thinking 2018 or later?
    07-11-2017 12:18 AM
    Any Links for this news??
    07-11-2017 10:07 AM
    Any Links for this news??
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2017/0...e-says-report/
    07-12-2017 07:56 AM
    Here is the one I originally read...

Which is is on the OP, lol oops.
    07-12-2017 08:32 AM
    This could be interesting. I moved on to Android, but if Microsoft can get a compelling enough device to get apps, etc to come over I would gladly go back as I miss the UI
    07-12-2017 12:21 PM
    It's certainly interesting.
    Although I don't think these "reboot" rumors are true. I think Microsoft just plans to leverage Windows on ARM and use Windows 10 Mobile for cheaper devices until technology catches up and even low end devices can utilize Windows on ARM.
    Charis Ntouroutlis likes this.
    07-12-2017 01:23 PM
    They are probably testing new form factors and designs. They may not be Windows even and could be Android devices
    07-12-2017 02:41 PM
    Hmm, from the link OP provided, it seems like Microsoft's strategy with the device could be more about emphasizing AR/VR than standard operating system wars, which is very interesting to me. It actually makes the RED Hydrogen One announcement a whole lot more interesting, as the two devices might be in direct contention with one another.

I'm very interested in the RED, so I'll be eager to see if Microsoft can do anything to make me either reconsider or buy both by the end of this year. Microsoft has the potential to make a much more "intelligent" device, so I'm hoping for their best.
    07-12-2017 06:34 PM
    Kipman running the show and not Panos... Interesting. I rather have panos do the hardware though. Love the surface Line.
    07-12-2017 07:00 PM
    Kipman running the show and not Panos... Interesting. I rather have panos do the hardware though. Love the surface Line.
    That is what Brad Sams reported a month ago, the new device is being designed/built by the Surface team.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    07-12-2017 07:06 PM

I have $300 saved so far. I'll hand down my 950XL to my dad, and buy the new flagship day one!
    I like the statement... "The chances are, however, that Microsoft is working on a smartphone, as conventional tablets don’t seem to align with Microsoft’s hardware push right now." Have they not heard of Windows 10 on ARM? I'd say they are forging a path to tablet devices.

I'm still betting this new device will be somehow a phone/tablet hybrid.... Although, without a foldable screen, that would just be a phablet and a phablet wouldn't be a new device category. Unless there is something else up their sleeve?

I'm a little worried with the line that it will be expensive... Could be the final nail in the coffin for W10M... Price it too high... no one buys it... no one writes apps for it... no OEM's make cheaper versions because there is no market. Same song, second verse.
    07-12-2017 07:42 PM
    I like the statement... . Same song, second verse.
    "Second verse"? What, you get her during intermission? Lol

07-12-2017 08:17 PM
    That is what Brad Sams reported a month ago, the new device is being designed/built by the Surface team.

I read a report that was in cooperation with the Holo Lens/VR/AR team...
    07-12-2017 09:07 PM
    I read a report that was in cooperation with the Holo Lens/VR/AR team...
    "Interestingly enough, Sams says the device is not being developed by Microsoft's Surface division but by a team headed up by Alex Kipman, who's in charge of Microsoft HoloLens. Could the new phone have a strong emphasis on AR/VR when it arrives?"

Microsoft rumored to have a new Windows 10 Mobile device in the works | TechRadar
    07-12-2017 09:09 PM