[̶B̶]̶M̶o̶d̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶:̶ ̶R̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶P̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶N̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶H̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶D̶e̶c̶i̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶K̶i̶t̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶B̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶?̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ Never mind I finally figured it out!

So first things first, I was contemplating on whether or not this should go in the off-topic lounge or this place. I figured that because it deals with hardware, I decided to put it here. Moderators, feel free to move it to the correct area.

The ifixit Essential Electronics Toolkit cost $19.95 + 17.50 for shipping to my area.
    https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/E...it/IF145-348-1
    However, it's not even clear if that's CAD or not. If it isn't, then that would end up translating to $47.35 CAD (37.45 USD)

This kit from Canadian Tire cost $29.99 CAD + tax = $33.88
    Mastercraft Phone Repair Screwdriver Kit, 20-pc | Canadian Tire

The iFixit kit claims that there's no sales tax, but I'm pretty sure that once it gets into the country it's going to be taxed. So while the Canadian Tire kit clearly seems cheaper, which kit is actually better? This is the part where I need you to help me make the better choice.
    Last edited by LuxuryTouringZone; 07-19-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-15-2017 10:08 PM
    Disclaimer: I am not Canadian despite the fact that it is indeed a maple syrup stain you see on my shirt...

Both look pretty minimal.

What's the end goal? Minimal and budget or would you want something more extensive?

Personally I opted for extensive. Seems the WC store is borked (something for you, @GioLogist ) but the AC store is up and running. They offer the same things anyway, at least in terms of tools and other generic sundries.

I went with this one: iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit - Android Tools - ShopAndroid

They also have another which is still a step above the ones you linked: iFixit 64 Bit Driver Kit - Android Tools - ShopAndroid
    If you are signed into AC, it should show you Canadian costs.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 07-19-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    Guytronic and xandros9 like this.
    07-16-2017 07:01 AM
    Disclaimer: I am not Canadian despite the fact that it is indeed a maple syrup stain you see on my shirt...

Both look pretty minimal.

What's the end goal? Minimal and budget or would you want something more extensive?

Personally I opted for extensive. Seems the WC store is borked (something for you, @GioLogist ) but the AC store is up and running. They offer the same things anyway, at least in terms of tools and other generic sundries.

I went with this one: iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit - Android Tools - ShopAndroid

They also have another which is still a step above the ones you linked: iFixit 64 Bit Driver Kit - Android Tools - ShopAndroid
    If you are signed into AC, it should show you Canadian costs.
    My goal is to get something that will allow me to completely disassemble a smartphone, should I ever need to.
    Last edited by LuxuryTouringZone; 07-19-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-16-2017 12:41 PM
    That first one i linked seems pretty doggone complete to me.
    @gordonfink has torn down a lot of phones and probably has a good idea what kit is best.
    07-16-2017 03:15 PM
    Oh decisions! Some say that they've been able to perform fixes with both the lesser advanced and more advanced kits, but would still like to have some insight on this from member's experiences.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-19-2017 05:35 PM