why keep using windows/windows phone?

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Please tell me why i must stay with the Windows platform?
Even Microsoft makes there one suport and apps better for other platforms than for there own platform. Skype is better on any other system than that from Windows on phone or pc. There keyboard on the iPhone is better than on the Windows phone, the Edge browser is more a bug than usable and even Windows 10 is still far behind os-x.

Why must i stay with the windows platform as other platforms give me what i want and better than Microsoft for there own platform do?

I have tablets, phones, laptops and a desktop pc running all win10 but i am thinking of switching to apple and android only because of the way Microsoft treates there user by supporting other platform more than there own platform, and than i am not talking only about win mobile.
I feel like i am used like %%#@ and that microsofts tanks you for getting there product and than say but we help the ones on other platforms because we our platform sucks and we have your money already, thank you and have fun.

Travis Guinn

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
That's not an easy question to answer. I was a windows phone fan from way back when it was CE based and you had o use a stylus. I even still have some of those devices. My all time favorite was a Motorola mpx220. Today, my daily phone is an iPhone. I absolutely hate it, but it has the apps I need to do my job. I still use my 1520 and my HP Elite to surf the web and listen to music over wifi and really miss the tiles of Win Mobile when i have to go back to the crappy iPhone interface. I can't tell you to stay on Windows Phone but I will tell you I'd switch back immediately if there was a way to get the apps I need.

Best of luck

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's just stuff @emiel1976, nobody making you do anything, especially if you're unhappy. That's what options, choices are for! That's why Windows mobile needs to stick around, samsung's own tizen ambitions, sailfish os and etc need to be somewhat relevant so we can benefit from choice and find what works best for each of us.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Use what works for you. If you wanted to live with a Treo or iPhone 3G and it still worked, sure.

At the end of the day, the facts are that these are just phones, Microsoft has moved on and if you don't want to give money to Apple, just buy a used iPhone.

Or make Android work for you. It's highly customizable and experiences can vary widely depending on the manufacturer and device.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
MS will not ask you to stay. Apple will not ask you to leave (though they'll welcome your dough).
I swithed to android phone, but all computers stay on Windows.

Whatever works ;)

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
For me Windows PC is the desktop operating system I've used all my life. I've dealt with it's quirks, pains, ups and downs, and know it just so well. I just want Microsoft to focus on making quality updates that actually bring real improvements and fixes. And for phones, they need to keep them supported for longer. Lumia 830, 1020, 930 and 1520 owners will have a lot to say about that!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Please tell me why i must stay with the Windows platform?
Even Microsoft makes there one suport and apps better for other platforms than for there own platform. Skype is better on any other system than that from Windows on phone or pc. There keyboard on the iPhone is better than on the Windows phone, the Edge browser is more a bug than usable and even Windows 10 is still far behind os-x.

Why must i stay with the windows platform as other platforms give me what i want and better than Microsoft for there own platform do?

I have tablets, phones, laptops and a desktop pc running all win10 but i am thinking of switching to apple and android only because of the way Microsoft treates there user by supporting other platform more than there own platform, and than i am not talking only about win mobile.
I feel like i am used like %%#@ and that microsofts tanks you for getting there product and than say but we help the ones on other platforms because we our platform sucks and we have your money already, thank you and have fun.

Do what you want. You can choose a progressively more guarded and proprietary walled garden, or a progressively ad creeping advertsing platform. Both absolutely great ways to be treated as a customer. Which one do you prefer? Whatever it is, go for it. They both need all the encouragement they can get.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Do what you want. You can choose a progressively more guarded and proprietary walled garden, or a progressively ad creeping advertsing platform. Both absolutely great ways to be treated as a customer. Which one do you prefer? Whatever it is, go for it. They both need all the encouragement they can get.

Actually neither needs encouragement since they're leading the industry and will for the foreseeable future. They both give customers what they want. It's MS that needs encouragement, but I understand you see it differently.

To the OP, choice is a good thing so never feel like you need to stay with one platform. Some even mix and match. Whatever works for you.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

I chose the ad creep, have cut down Google stuff on it... Let's face it they track everything anyway.. Android or not, Facebook is the same.

Id love the third option, Windows Phone is brilliant, sadly. Microsoft don't agree and take no interest in the os. If I can't be sure to get a phone in my price range then there is little point in continuing with it. Android has every price range (as wp did a few years back) so I go with that and hope Microsoft change their direction when it comes to mobile in the future.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I chose the ad creep, have cut down Google stuff on it... Let's face it they track everything anyway.. Android or not, Facebook is the same.

Id love the third option, Windows Phone is brilliant, sadly. Microsoft don't agree and take no interest in the os. If I can't be sure to get a phone in my price range then there is little point in continuing with it. Android has every price range (as wp did a few years back) so I go with that and hope Microsoft change their direction when it comes to mobile in the future.

Ad creep is everywhere. When you go to the store, sign up for a service, or use any smartphone. It can't be totally avoided unless you're going to go live off the grid in the middle of the woods. Good luck with that.
The excuse that Android is tracking you is old and tired. Everything is. Just be smart about it.

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

Such fanboyish comment

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Ad creep is everywhere. When you go to the store, sign up for a service, or use any smartphone. It can't be totally avoided unless you're going to go live off the grid in the middle of the woods. Good luck with that.
The excuse that Android is tracking you is old and tired. Everything is. Just be smart about it.

Googles profit model is ads. I'm old enough to have seen what a locked in userbase, and an ad based model has done to broadcast TV, and I've seen google services ads, on google search, and youtube start to grow. If there were paid alternatives to both services, or any popular alternatives the risk of ad creep would be vastly lower. Indeed googles new OS, fushia, has ads baked into the desktop.

The issue isn't merely ad creep, but a completely captive audience, and the effect of encouraging that monopoly. This has nothing to do with tracking (other than how tracking is used to make advertisers keener on buying ads - such as using gmail to create targeted google search ads), it's merely an observation of a logically predictable and obvious trend.

The only way to avoid google ecosystem becoming drenched in ads like broadcast TV has, is by their being viable alternatives to their core products, and people actively using them. Anyone that thinks that monopoly is a good thing for consumers, hasn't been paying attention.

Of course the other factor with android, is it appears to be the OS userbase that is least likely to spend money of software. Which means it tends to have a lot of ad funded, freemium type software. One could always at least do ones bit there, and pay for software however. Something I personally would recommend users of any mobile OS do.

Android is a good OS, but the profit model issues surrounding it and its attendant google ecosystem are not insignificant especially in the long term. Certainly avoiding google ecosystem on the platform helps, as does buying software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte