Can Firefox be put on a Windows Phone ?

GKL50

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 Windows phone running Windows 8.1 and wonder if it is possible to put Firefox on my windows phone ?

The reason I ask is because I want to use the "Alfred" web viewer on my windows phone and it only works thru either Firefox or Chrome. (Alfred is a security cam viewing program)

So I need to be able to use either Firefox or Chrome on my windows phone to be able to use the Alfred viewer on my windows phone.

GKL50

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Nope, unfortunately not.

Thanks for the reply !

I guess I'm just puzzled why Firefox will work on a Windows computer but not a Windows phone, I guess they simply don't make windows the same for both.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Alfred program at - https://alfred.camera/ they currently only have apps for android and iphones, they told me that a windows app might be considered at some point but there are no definite plans.

Alfred does have a web viewer page where you can view your cam feeds on a Windows computer but it only works thru a Firefox or Chrome browser.

I found what turned out to be a third party app that claims to be a windows viewer app for Alfred, but Alfred said they had nothing to do with it and could not guarantee if it was safe.

I have not tried it as I am wary without knowing if it is safe to try, are you familiar with this web site and the apps they make available as to if it is a trustworthy site ?

App Home Security Camera - Alfred APK for Windows Phone | Android games and apps

Thanks !

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply !

I guess I'm just puzzled why Firefox will work on a Windows computer but not a Windows phone, I guess they simply don't make windows the same for both.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Alfred program at - https://alfred.camera/ they currently only have apps for android and iphones, they told me that a windows app might be considered at some point but there are no definite plans.

Alfred does have a web viewer page where you can view your cam feeds on a Windows computer but it only works thru a Firefox or Chrome browser.

I found what turned out to be a third party app that claims to be a windows viewer app for Alfred, but Alfred said they had nothing to do with it and could not guarantee if it was safe.

I have not tried it as I am wary without knowing if it is safe to try, are you familiar with this web site and the apps they make available as to if it is a trustworthy site ?

App Home Security Camera - Alfred APK for Windows Phone | Android games and apps

Thanks !

Windows Phone and Windows is like the difference between iOS and macOS. Can't run Mac software on an iPhone!

That looks like the Android listing with "for Windows Phone" tacked onto the end. If it's not in the Store you're not getting it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos