The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-22-2017 07:38 PM
253 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Lumia 950 until it dies. Then eBay 'til it dies again. Then MS needs to pull their head out of the a*** / sand! How hard could it possibly be for the biggest software producer worldwide, that now has great hardware experience as well???
    drg likes this.
    09-12-2017 02:10 PM
    still use a lumia 640 other than that I have an iphone as my daily driver. waiting for surface phone, which I hope will come next year
    09-12-2017 02:13 PM
    Are there any guys like me, trying the windows phone though facing apps gap and sometimes battery issues(for insiders). If so please comment in the forum.
    I am never gonna give up on this device until the company itself shutdown the mobile business. I have no problem with the apps gap an I am happy to be a part of insider always.
    Already given up and have no qualms
    09-12-2017 02:25 PM
    I'm still okay with my L640, but last weeks for the first time i'm reconcidering my options. The device's getting some issues, and for a budget device... i don't think it's gonne last forever. Meanwilde I find it hard to invest in a 'flagship' that's over a year old, but still a lot of money... and there's not much else out there that can replace my L640, and still is a bit futureproof. So, i'm looking around, just haven't found the affordable, awesome alternative i want.
    09-12-2017 02:38 PM
    Still happily using my L822 and will be until it dies or until Microsoft gets around to reinventing what a mobile device is.

Had a good chuckle this morning with the iPhone X announcement. The newly touted features are basically from 2 year old Windows Phones.
    istina likes this.
    09-12-2017 02:50 PM
    I feel like with the announcement of the iPhone X, my Lumia 1520's fate is sealed. I've had it practically since it was released, and I love W10M on it, and the camera is still to die for. But the phone has major battery problems (like shutting down completely when the battery is around 65% and I try to take a picture, or if I drain it to below 2%, it is nearly impossible to get it to charge again), and app problems (as we all know), and I feel like now is the time. I can take a two-year break from Windows Phone - maybe they'll have something new and cool by then. I promise I'll be back if they do, and I will miss Live Tiles and all the rest. But I refuse to go Android, and while I don't love iOS, I can respect it.

If MS doesn't announce something before I can preorder an iPhone X, I think I'll have to take a WP hiatus.
    09-12-2017 02:57 PM
    I am on the edge of buying an HP Elite X3. My Lumia 950 screen size is too small for me, and the battery sucks! I cannot switch to android or iOS. I don't understand how people like those systems. I think windows phone will only die once we let it. Aren't there people out there still using WP7?
    09-12-2017 03:06 PM
    Are there any guys like me, trying the windows phone though facing apps gap and sometimes battery issues(for insiders). If so please comment in the forum.
    I am never gonna give up on this device until the company itself shutdown the mobile business. I have no problem with the apps gap an I am happy to be a part of insider always.
    You the Man!!! I love windows phone other than any phone in the Market. I'm the same as you, I will not giving up on the windows Phones. Bought two more phones for my parents. I personally used windows phone for 3 years. Biggest fan ever for windows phones.
    09-12-2017 03:10 PM
    Aren't there people out there still using WP7?
    I have a lumia 650 as a backup, but have not used it as a phone. Just for testing. I don't like windows 10 mobile, so i probably will never switch to it.

I am still using my LG optimus windows 7.8 phone, since it does everything I need. ZUNE music, easy to replace battery, and a hardware keyboard. You can't find most of those on any current phone.

I've had it for the last several years, and see no point in switching to anything else.
    Replacement phones for me, cost about $40 on amazon, and I've gone through one
    before about 2 years ago.

later
    09-12-2017 03:11 PM
    No I cannot and it shouldn't be.

Windows phone is the best phone in the market always. Just Microsoft has different plans to bring this up(I'm hoping). Keep waiting it will come with bang I trust Nadella has good plan.
    09-12-2017 03:14 PM
    I never thought I would but I jump over to Android 2-3 weeks ago (LG G3). I still have my Lumia phoneS, all working fine. I just had it enough (been here since Lumia 710), app gap wasn't the issue but in apps I already had - all of them crashing, or incredibly slow. For example, for Whatsapp to open I had to wait 10+ seconds on all phones. Skype was terrible. I had times I couldn't open basic website, or if I had luck to open them browser would crash (IE, UC Browser). Oh, almost forgot, we got at least 3 topic here on this, I couldn't see comments on WC app on any phone

The only think I missing from the WP is the keyboard, Swiftkey has a lot functions (for example add/remove word from dictionary) but I'm not used to it yet. The only reason I come back to my phones is the game I played for years. It doesn't work on Android 5 (or 4) and beyond (official statement)
    09-12-2017 03:20 PM
    I did give it up. Switched to Android for possible business required software. Biggest regret of my life. Once I "upgrade" to my next phone I will probably switch back to a 950XL if nothing better has come out by that time (surface (fingers crossed)). I have found I can deal with the app gap for the most part
    09-12-2017 03:24 PM
    I use my 950 XL as my daily driver. I have a Lumina 925 as a backup. I will stick with windows phone until the platform dies. Not interested in Android or iOS.
    09-12-2017 03:55 PM
    I love Windows, I swore I would never abandon it however, Microsoft seems to not be concerned with their mobile efforts, almost never. I left the Windows Phone/Mobile ecosystem in favor of Android and I couldn't be happier. I still have access to the Microsoft ecosystem. In fact, I bookmark items in my Chrome browser on my phone and those same bookmarks show up on my desktop Chrome browser.

I still use Groove for all my music, OneDrive to store my files, Outlook for my email & pay for Office 365 & use regularly. The only Microsoft item I don't use is Cortana; and that is due to the fact that I have both Google Assistant & Bixby on my Galaxy S8 plus. I used to say that I wouldn't leave Windows Phone but it became harder & harder to do my job without access to apps.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    09-12-2017 04:06 PM
    No Never I love my Wp I have a Lumia 950 and waiting on my replacement Brand new Alcatel idol 4s the 1st one I got had a shattered glass over the camera lens, and when I did the update waiting to be done right after taking it out of the box.
    When it got past the gears going round it rebooted and kept rebooting over and over the just came to a black screen just showing the cell sig the WiFi sig and the home button, back button, search button but that's all it would show , I tried using the Windows devices recovery tool but it kept failing the install.
    So I sent it back to seller on Amazon and have a brand new one coming.
    My 950 is my personal use phone my Alcatel idol 4s is for my computer business work phone.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20170908_23_06_37_pro.jpg   wp_20170908_14_29_18_pro.jpg   win_20170908_11_25_01_pro.jpg  
    09-12-2017 04:09 PM
    Here is my 950.
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot-34-_edited.jpg   screenshot-36-_edited.jpg   screenshot-35-_edited.jpg   screenshot-33-_edited.jpg  
    09-12-2017 04:17 PM
    I would like to be still using Windows Mobile but I have Verizon which pretty much prevents that. Also, I need to use certain services that require Microsoft 2-Factor Authentication which of course doesn't work work on Windows 10 Mobile.
    rinosaur likes this.
    09-12-2017 04:37 PM
    I am a windows fan, on my third phone but more special to me is my Microsoft Band 2, have both watches and love how I get texts on my band. Fitbits aren't good enough. I will continue to have my windows phone also until it dies.
    09-12-2017 04:49 PM
    The essence of any device is to get stuff done. Sadly the lack of viable applications means that my daily driver is an LG6 G6 dual camera phone. I use plenty of Microsoft apps but mobile payments I do every day and MS just doesnt do it.

Still love the Lumia 950 and I would use it if Microsoft stayed in mobile.
    09-12-2017 05:14 PM
    Using 950 XL for 1,5 year. Screen was broken, I replaced it. Battery caused restarts, I bought new. I like size, camera, outlook, I have there browser, whatsup, maps, navigation, mobile banking, weather, translator, garmin sw, uber, xbox app. Missing waterproofness but no real need to buy anything else.
    09-12-2017 05:30 PM
    I've never seen a site begged to be rick-rolled so hard before.
    Here you go.

Also, Yes. Here until there's no longer a Windows platform.
    TheFunMachine and rinosaur like this.
    09-12-2017 06:01 PM
    I've been with the Windows Phone ecosystem since WP7 but I finally had to give up the ghost last month. After convincing my wife to switch from iPhone to an HTC 8X at the onset of WP8.1 it's been a battle. Losing critical apps related to banking and driving were difficult to explain away, watching her struggle with her phone and then trying to show her on my own phone and find I had the same issue was hard. Finally when my 950 and her BLU Win Jr (and my old BLU Win HD LTE which I gave her when the Win Jr got physically ruined by a stray cocktail spill) both physically would not stay ON, not receive phone calls (that absolutely killed it for her when her supervisor could not reach her while working at home) and not crash for more than a few hours I couldn't take it.

My decision was actually influenced by the writers at Windows Central. The recent spat of defeatist articles showed me that unless I wanted to stick it our for another year or so, praying the Surface Phone actually came out and actually was good, there was little hope.
    I forget who did the review but the article on which Android phone was most accessible to Windows Phone users featured the Oneplus 3T which I immediately started stalking on eBay. I found first a used 3T which I gave to my wife which also was my learning experience with Android.

The app gap was profoundly demonstrated to me when I made the switch myself. Every app I've heard about is here and the one's that were available for Windows Phone are SOOOOO much better on Android, it was an eye opening experience. The performance of the Oneplus 3T is buttery smooth compared to the Lumia 950 I had. The camera is almost as good (I know I can't have it all) and I'm surprised that importing contacts is more difficult on Android but overall I'm starting to regret my stoic position on Windows Phone all these years. As I said to my wife when I hopped into my car for the 2nd time with this phone and the Bluetooth connection immediately kicked in and Groove Music picked up without missing a beat "I think we're going to see our quality of life increase from here on out on all things related to the phone."

It's been a good run, I know I'll miss Live Tiles and I hope to be back. Keep up the good fight, guys.
    Slow Loris and dgr_874 like this.
    09-12-2017 06:28 PM
    Microsoft stopped updating my Lumia 520 years ago and I currently have the last Windows 10 insider build running on it.
    Still check it once every couple of months to update WhatsApp and FitBit as other apps have now all stopped/slowed their updates.
    It's all very sad, just very sad.

Windows phone 10 could've been great for older people who just want the basics of a modern smart phone, without all the complications and fuss.

My battery will eventually become depleted and the Nokia Lumia 520 will fade and all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
    09-12-2017 06:31 PM
    I was a die hard been using since the gimped Verizon version of the HTC touch pro 1. I just couldn't deal with being left out of the Facebook updates. The app on windows phone is at least a few years out dated. I moved over to Android and the axon 7. There's just more hardware options and app support on Android.
    rinosaur likes this.
    09-12-2017 06:43 PM
    I used Windows Phone 8/8.1 & Windows 10 Mobile on a Lumia Icon, then got a Lumia 950 XL after 2 years. I hit my last straw with Windows Phone last month, and went back to Android. My battery was draining terribly, even on standby, my camera lagged or froze in crucial moments when I needed it most on my 950 XL, and a lot of the apps I needed were getting canned by their respective developers. I still use Groove Music, Word, Outlook, OneDrive, and other Microsoft apps on Android now. I hope Microsoft returns with a good Mobile OS in the future, but I feel as if Windows 10 Mobile, right now, is going nowhere. I couldn't stick around, and it was painful to switch. I still have my 950 XL as a backup and love using it from time to time still. If the Surface Phone rumors ever come true, I'll be back for sure.
    09-12-2017 07:44 PM
253 ... 34567 ...