Die hard windows fans

Rahul cholate

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Are there any guys like me, trying the windows phone though facing apps gap and sometimes battery issues(for insiders). If so please comment in the forum.
I am never gonna give up on this device until the company itself shutdown the mobile business. I have no problem with the apps gap an I am happy to be a part of insider always.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my windows phones quite regularly. At the present time they all are very capable of doing what I do with all of my non-windows phones.

All of my devices are on production release. All of the apps that I use can be had. I know a lot of people need certain apps that are not available or not nearly as feature-rich on windows phones. I don't fall in that category so I'm perfectly content using my phone day in day out.

As long as my devices work like I want them too I'm not throwing out/moving to another non-windows phone (exclusively).

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes I use my 950XL all day and every day, I really only use the stock apps along with just a few others and I am lucky, the ones I need are available, my UK bank RBS, Hue Dynamic, Netflix, TVCatchup, Oxford dictionary, Smartglass and BT mobile, so no issues with the app gap for me.

For work this is different, I need one single app that is written in house with only 4 users, and this is Android only, but then the company supply me with a phone anyway (Samsung A5 2017), and I haven't installed any apps on apart from Groove, OneNote etc.

I like to pickup my phone and have a similar experience on that as my SP4, the apps are laid out the same, with really only the BT mobile and RBS apps on the phone not available on the PC.

Also on production and no battery issues, so as long as the XL can keep on going for another year and MS can get back into the "Mobile" market with a small PC that handles telephony, I am not going anywhere just yet.

Last edited:

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I use L950Xl all day every day. Great device, got it cheap along with Dock. I find myself using Desktop Pc only when gaming, for everything else I use Continuum. I consider myself a die hard Windows fan too! Too bad that the platform is fading into oblivion. I'll use it happily till the phone stops working (I hope no MSFT employee reads this and releases BSOD update to all W10m, just kidding :evil:) and there are no used ones left. I've recently left Insider both on PC and phone, after years of being insider I've decided to settle down and enjoy the fruits of Insider community feedback, fixes and improvements. Stay positive! :amaze:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My HP Elite X3 is still my primary phone with a 950 XL as backup (and picture phone). I have tried Android & iOS and I just cannot adapt. I prefer Windows and even with the problems, prefer it. I will stick it out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm a fan but not a "die hard" one. Unfortunately, there are no Windows phones that are small for me and meet my camera and battery life requirements together. Sadly (for me), all of those nice phones that were released last year are all big. If I had such a combo, maybe it would be my main phone.

I have a 650 that I like but the battery life is unpleasant...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I still use my Lumia 950 every day, and I have really liked my Windows Phones. Although, these days, the reliability of the OS seems to be going downhill to the point that it is getting a little harder to justify. I really like the OS itself, and I still prefer it over Android or iOS, but I am using the device more for work, and it seems like Windows Mobile is just more tinkering than it's worth.

Last edited:

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I love the OS, always have. I'm using the 950. My battery life sucks at this point, but I'm going to use my 950 until I can't and then I will find another Windows phone.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the OS. At one time, I was a junkie for it, but the great stagnation that has taken place over the past two years has pretty much driven me away to Android for my mobile needs. I still have a few WPs that I use from time to time though. I really wish Windows Phones would have succeeded. Oh well.....

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan but not a "die hard" one. Unfortunately, there are no Windows phones that are small for me and meet my camera and battery life requirements together. Sadly (for me), all of those nice phones that were released last year are all big. If I had such a combo, maybe it would be my main phone.

I have a 650 that I like but the battery life is unpleasant...

I'm with you on this, I hate big phones, currently have a Lumia 730, I hate iphones due to the closed nature of IOS but may consider an iphone SE2 if it comes.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you on this, I hate big phones, currently have a Lumia 730, I hate iphones due to the closed nature of IOS but may consider an iphone SE2 if it comes.

Good to know that I'm not alone! The 730/735 is an awesome size.

I get what you mean about iOS. I'll love to see an SE2 as well. I like mine mostly.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Lurking just outside of the lighted circle, Aximtreo is crying under a tree. Seems he keeps selling his windows phone only to realize that he misses it very much. He looks down at the LG V20 he just purchased a few days ago and wonders what could have been. He slowly takes the SIM card out and puts it in the iPhone 6s+ that he has for no other reason than to say he is an iSheep. A look of anguish comes over his face when he looks at what he holds in his hand and does not see Live Tiles and that beautiful home screen.

A thought suddenly comes to his old and feeble mind; hey, CL and Swappa just might have something that can make live a bit more tolerable. So off he goes to his trusty Dell Laptop and begins the search; again for the umpthteen time. So goes the life of a spoiled Windows Phone user. "sigh".

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Lurking just outside of the lighted circle, Aximtreo is crying under a tree. Seems he keeps selling his windows phone only to realize that he misses it very much. He looks down at the LG V20 he just purchased a few days ago and wonders what could have been. He slowly takes the SIM card out and puts it in the iPhone 6s+ that he has for no other reason than to say he is an iSheep. A look of anguish comes over his face when he looks at what he holds in his hand and does not see Live Tiles and that beautiful home screen.

A thought suddenly comes to his old and feeble mind; hey, CL and Swappa just might have something that can make live a bit more tolerable. So off he goes to his trusty Dell Laptop and begins the search; again for the umpthteen time. So goes the life of a spoiled Windows Phone user. "sigh".

Your struggle is very real, you can't do without lol. My 650 is the most unique phone that I own and combined with that Mozo back, so nice! My iPhone SE is a little unique because of the skin I have on it. I miss having a unique phone as my main phone.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Good to know that I'm not alone! The 730/735 is an awesome size.

I get what you mean about iOS. I'll love to see an SE2 as well. I like mine mostly.

You aren't alone. That is what I liked about my Palm Pre 2, the size. I have a 735 now and it's size is one of the things keeping me here. Tbh though, I have never used a bigger phone and should give it a shot maybe.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm still rocking my Lumia 950XL full-time. I have a box full of old Android phones (Galaxy S3s, 4's 5s) along with my old 640 that I soldered in wireless charging.
20160122_160247.jpg

I struggle with some app gaps...banking, Guidebook, airline apps, trip apps, but I'm surviving. I just would like DIRECTION and VISION from Microsoft as to where this mobile train is going.

Last edited:

hermitd

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I am playing with Alcatel Idol 4 Pro and have both 950 and 950 XL. As a Windows Developer and as a Windows on Mobile user, I am not going anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb