Die hard windows fans

user-774

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 until it dies. Then eBay 'til it dies again. Then MS needs to pull their head out of the a*** / sand! How hard could it possibly be for the biggest software producer worldwide, that now has great hardware experience as well???

eddydu

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
still use a lumia 640 other than that I have an iphone as my daily driver. waiting for surface phone, which I hope will come next year

anon(9739099)

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Are there any guys like me, trying the windows phone though facing apps gap and sometimes battery issues(for insiders). If so please comment in the forum.
I am never gonna give up on this device until the company itself shutdown the mobile business. I have no problem with the apps gap an I am happy to be a part of insider always.

Already given up and have no qualms

Luuk Tijssen

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm still okay with my L640, but last weeks for the first time i'm reconcidering my options. The device's getting some issues, and for a budget device... i don't think it's gonne last forever. Meanwilde I find it hard to invest in a 'flagship' that's over a year old, but still a lot of money... and there's not much else out there that can replace my L640, and still is a bit futureproof. So, i'm looking around, just haven't found the affordable, awesome alternative i want.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Still happily using my L822 and will be until it dies or until Microsoft gets around to reinventing what a mobile device is.

Had a good chuckle this morning with the iPhone X announcement. The newly touted features are basically from 2 year old Windows Phones.

ZJ AJ

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I feel like with the announcement of the iPhone X, my Lumia 1520's fate is sealed. I've had it practically since it was released, and I love W10M on it, and the camera is still to die for. But the phone has major battery problems (like shutting down completely when the battery is around 65% and I try to take a picture, or if I drain it to below 2%, it is nearly impossible to get it to charge again), and app problems (as we all know), and I feel like now is the time. I can take a two-year break from Windows Phone - maybe they'll have something new and cool by then. I promise I'll be back if they do, and I will miss Live Tiles and all the rest. But I refuse to go Android, and while I don't love iOS, I can respect it.

If MS doesn't announce something before I can preorder an iPhone X, I think I'll have to take a WP hiatus.

sully9088

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I am on the edge of buying an HP Elite X3. My Lumia 950 screen size is too small for me, and the battery sucks! I cannot switch to android or iOS. I don't understand how people like those systems. I think windows phone will only die once we let it. Aren't there people out there still using WP7?

Kiran Gadgi

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Are there any guys like me, trying the windows phone though facing apps gap and sometimes battery issues(for insiders). If so please comment in the forum.
I am never gonna give up on this device until the company itself shutdown the mobile business. I have no problem with the apps gap an I am happy to be a part of insider always.

You the Man!!! I love windows phone other than any phone in the Market. I'm the same as you, I will not giving up on the windows Phones. Bought two more phones for my parents. I personally used windows phone for 3 years. Biggest fan ever for windows phones.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Aren't there people out there still using WP7?

I have a lumia 650 as a backup, but have not used it as a phone. Just for testing. I don't like windows 10 mobile, so i probably will never switch to it.

I am still using my LG optimus windows 7.8 phone, since it does everything I need. ZUNE music, easy to replace battery, and a hardware keyboard. You can't find most of those on any current phone.

I've had it for the last several years, and see no point in switching to anything else.
Replacement phones for me, cost about $40 on amazon, and I've gone through one
before about 2 years ago.

later

Kiran Gadgi

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
No I cannot and it shouldn't be.

Windows phone is the best phone in the market always. Just Microsoft has different plans to bring this up(I'm hoping). Keep waiting it will come with bang I trust Nadella has good plan.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I never thought I would but I jump over to Android 2-3 weeks ago (LG G3). I still have my Lumia phoneS, all working fine. I just had it enough (been here since Lumia 710), app gap wasn't the issue but in apps I already had - all of them crashing, or incredibly slow. For example, for Whatsapp to open I had to wait 10+ seconds on all phones. Skype was terrible. I had times I couldn't open basic website, or if I had luck to open them browser would crash (IE, UC Browser). Oh, almost forgot, we got at least 3 topic here on this, I couldn't see comments on WC app on any phone

The only think I missing from the WP is the keyboard, Swiftkey has a lot functions (for example add/remove word from dictionary) but I'm not used to it yet. The only reason I come back to my phones is the game I played for years. It doesn't work on Android 5 (or 4) and beyond (official statement)

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I did give it up. Switched to Android for possible business required software. Biggest regret of my life. Once I "upgrade" to my next phone I will probably switch back to a 950XL if nothing better has come out by that time (surface (fingers crossed)). I have found I can deal with the app gap for the most part

Pynokio25

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I use my 950 XL as my daily driver. I have a Lumina 925 as a backup. I will stick with windows phone until the platform dies. Not interested in Android or iOS.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I love Windows, I swore I would never abandon it however, Microsoft seems to not be concerned with their mobile efforts, almost never. I left the Windows Phone/Mobile ecosystem in favor of Android and I couldn't be happier. I still have access to the Microsoft ecosystem. In fact, I bookmark items in my Chrome browser on my phone and those same bookmarks show up on my desktop Chrome browser.

I still use Groove for all my music, OneDrive to store my files, Outlook for my email & pay for Office 365 & use regularly. The only Microsoft item I don't use is Cortana; and that is due to the fact that I have both Google Assistant & Bixby on my Galaxy S8 plus. I used to say that I wouldn't leave Windows Phone but it became harder & harder to do my job without access to apps.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
No Never I love my Wp I have a Lumia 950 and waiting on my replacement Brand new Alcatel idol 4s the 1st one I got had a shattered glass over the camera lens, and when I did the update waiting to be done right after taking it out of the box.
When it got past the gears going round it rebooted and kept rebooting over and over the just came to a black screen just showing the cell sig the WiFi sig and the home button, back button, search button but that's all it would show , I tried using the Windows devices recovery tool but it kept failing the install.
So I sent it back to seller on Amazon and have a brand new one coming.
My 950 is my personal use phone my Alcatel idol 4s is for my computer business work phone.

Attachments

• WP_20170908_23_06_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170908_23_06_37_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • WP_20170908_14_29_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170908_14_29_18_Pro.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • WIN_20170908_11_25_01_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170908_11_25_01_Pro.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 4

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Here is my 950.

Attachments

• Screenshot (34)_edited.jpg
    Screenshot (34)_edited.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (36)_edited.jpg
    Screenshot (36)_edited.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (35)_edited.jpg
    Screenshot (35)_edited.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (33)_edited.jpg
    Screenshot (33)_edited.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 4

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be still using Windows Mobile but I have Verizon which pretty much prevents that. Also, I need to use certain services that require Microsoft 2-Factor Authentication which of course doesn't work work on Windows 10 Mobile.

sharon bownes

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

I am a windows fan, on my third phone but more special to me is my Microsoft Band 2, have both watches and love how I get texts on my band. Fitbits aren't good enough. I will continue to have my windows phone also until it dies.

Stephen Townsley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
The essence of any device is to get stuff done. Sadly the lack of viable applications means that my daily driver is an LG6 G6 dual camera phone. I use plenty of Microsoft apps but mobile payments I do every day and MS just doesnt do it.

Still love the Lumia 950 and I would use it if Microsoft stayed in mobile.

Jan Ruzicka

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Using 950 XL for 1,5 year. Screen was broken, I replaced it. Battery caused restarts, I bought new. I like size, camera, outlook, I have there browser, whatsup, maps, navigation, mobile banking, weather, translator, garmin sw, uber, xbox app. Missing waterproofness but no real need to buy anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923