Die hard windows fans

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I finally had to throw in the towel. I stayed as long as I could but I've decided to move to the Galaxy S8 Plus like Bill Gates has done.
I've been using Windows Phones since the first Preview build was launched, gone through 4 phones. My motivator for leaving is my 10 year old Type 1 Diabetic son. He just got a Dexcom which monitors his blood-sugar electronically. I need to use an app to monitor the device and of course, only iOS and Android are the options. I refuse to go Apple so Samsung here I come. I will still participate in the Windows Insider builds with my phones on WiFi, but my primary is switching. I will miss my Windows phones, but my son's health comes first.

I hope your son will have good results with his monitor and good health. It's great to see technology improving in so many things, especially health care.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why you are having your battery issues. I'm running 15252.0 and couldn't be happier. My phone is super snappy. Camera is the best! Every time i show friends my pictures, they comment on how great they look. My battery life seems just as good as before (on earlier builds)

I'm also running 15252.0 now the phone will shutdown if the battery is below 50%. Either you turned off every single background task and functions that is unique to this phone or you won the hardware lottery of this phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm also running 15252.0 now the phone will shutdown if the battery is below 50%. Either you turned off every single background task and functions that is unique to this phone or you won the hardware lottery of this phone.
There must've been 2 winning tickets sold then.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Steven Ealy

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a fan but not a "die hard" one. Unfortunately, there are no Windows phones that are small for me and meet my camera and battery life requirements together. Sadly (for me), all of those nice phones that were released last year are all big. If I had such a combo, maybe it would be my main phone.

I have a 650 that I like but the battery life is unpleasant...

Get used to that even on Android. Flagship phones are generally 5.0-5.5". Bigger is on the way IN with bezel free displays.

Steven Ealy

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I finally had to throw in the towel. I stayed as long as I could but I've decided to move to the Galaxy S8 Plus like Bill Gates has done.
I've been using Windows Phones since the first Preview build was launched, gone through 4 phones. My motivator for leaving is my 10 year old Type 1 Diabetic son. He just got a Dexcom which monitors his blood-sugar electronically. I need to use an app to monitor the device and of course, only iOS and Android are the options. I refuse to go Apple so Samsung here I come. I will still participate in the Windows Insider builds with my phones on WiFi, but my primary is switching. I will miss my Windows phones, but my son's health comes first.

Nightscout allows family members or trusted friends to view Dexcom G4 continuous glucose monitor data in real*time via the cloud on smartphones, tablets, computers and the Pebble smartwatch.

There is an app on Windows Phone. Too late though :(

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

I actually think it's the battery itself that has the defect. I was constantly getting the shutdown at <50% routinely, but I bought a new battery and have no problems after. Now the battery drain issue on insider... That's another issue

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Get used to that even on Android. Flagship phones are generally 5.0-5.5". Bigger is on the way IN with bezel free displays.

Thanks but I have been down the Android rabbit hole trying everything. I have somewhat landed on the Pixel but finally on the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Nightscout allows family members or trusted friends to view Dexcom G4 continuous glucose monitor data in real*time via the cloud on smartphones, tablets, computers and the Pebble smartwatch.

There is an app on Windows Phone. Too late though :(

Yes, however no option for Dexcom G5 which is what he has.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Update: As I've posted in other threads, I'm back. I could not make the transition. I am using the Galaxy for the app only and have reverted to my 950 XL for my daily driver. I just could not make Android work for me.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Update: As I've posted in other threads, I'm back. I could not make the transition. I am using the Galaxy for the app only and have reverted to my 950 XL for my daily driver. I just could not make Android work for me.

I hear ya, I am using my awesome X3 and delegated my LG G6 to the drawer... not saying the LG G6 is a bad phone, great phone and has so many things the same as my L950/LX but I just couldn't deal with all the crap that's involved in using android...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6