A dark day

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
My co-worker went and exchanged his Lumia 950XL for a Samsung S8. He was a way diehard fan of Windows Mobile. He's like many of us, concerned the platform isn't moving along like it should be and opted to jump ship. That's how I know Microsoft will really have to wow us with a new device before they'll be a stable platform

iOS or Android. Sad... no blackberry os... no web os.... sad day in the mobile world. Thoughts?

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Eww. I have a few co workers with the S8. Seems Samsung has been going downhill ever since the S5. My s6 is terrible, my son hated his S7 and switched to a LGv20, and the S8 is just as bad.

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I just got a free S7 Edge from my friend. It's complete garbage. Felt sick after using it for 10 minutes. No idea how people can use Android. I'm just going to sell it off.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got a free S7 Edge from my friend. It's complete garbage. Felt sick after using it for 10 minutes. No idea how people can use Android. I'm just going to sell it off.

How can you make a decision after only 10 min? You need to be more objective on your evaluation.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
My GS7 and GS7 Edge have been stellar devices as has our LG G4. In 2+ years only one reset on G4, still performs similarly to the day I bought it. GS7 is 17+ months old and my daily driver, it too has only seen one reset, has never let me down once. GS7 Edge is the newest at 3-months with nothing to complain about so far. As you can tell Android is treating me very well and that's no bull.

IMHO "dark day's" are only when we pull out one of our three Windows Phones, it's a reality check that MSFT really screwed up what could have been a good thing.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My GS7 and GS7 Edge have been stellar devices as has our LG G4. In 2+ years only one reset on G4, still performs similarly to the day I bought it. GS7 is 17+ months old and my daily driver, it too has only seen one reset, has never let me down once. GS7 Edge is the newest 3-months with nothing to complain about so far. As you can tell Android is treating me very well and that's no bull.

For all the garbage spewed about Samsung, I've found their devices to be stellar. I was a little leery going into it, but I've found those fears to be unfounded. The only time I even reboot mine is when the monthly security patch installs. I've reached more than 1,000 hours uptime, and performance is still as good as new. I actually like what Samsung (read Touchwiz) adds to Android.

anon(9112960)

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
A dark day for me too

Today, when I'll get back home, I will place my Lumia 1520 in it's final resting place: The original box in which it came in, which will be placed with the aught most respect in storage. His successor, the Galaxy A7, will no way come close to this legendary smart phone, the best I have ever had! It's sadens me to switch to Android. Hope to come back soon to WP.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have also finally moved on from W10M :unhappy:. After my 1520 rebooted while I was in the middle of an important call and then took almost 10 minutes to restart and allow me to call back, I bought a new Galaxy Note 4 and used SquareHome2 to give it a familiar look.

wp.jpg

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

I mean, I'd never spend money on a Samsung phone, but I'm still envious that you got a free S7 Edge haha. I wish my friends just handed me free phones xD. I have to struggle just to get the few that I have.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
My GS7 and GS7 Edge have been stellar devices as has our LG G4. In 2+ years only one reset on G4, still performs similarly to the day I bought it. GS7 is 17+ months old and my daily driver, it too has only seen one reset, has never let me down once. GS7 Edge is the newest at 3-months with nothing to complain about so far. As you can tell Android is treating me very well and that's no bull.

IMHO "dark day's" are only when we pull out one of our three Windows Phones, it's a reality check that MSFT really screwed up what could have been a good thing.

I've had huge problems with Samsung devices in the past, but honestly I haven't owned one since the S5. I'm just not interested in anything Samsung has to offer. The Note 7 got me excited until it exploded, but other than that I just can't get hyped for them. I would gladly (gladly) take a free Samsung and probably use it regularly (probably not as my daily driver though) but I won't spend money on them.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I've had huge problems with Samsung devices in the past, but honestly I haven't owned one since the S5. I'm just not interested in anything Samsung has to offer. The Note 7 got me excited until it exploded, but other than that I just can't get hyped for them. I would gladly (gladly) take a free Samsung and probably use it regularly (probably not as my daily driver though) but I won't spend money on them.

That's your porogative and I can respect that. Can't say my experienced with Samsung at all resembles yours, going by what you've described, and won't ever say they are perfect cuz nothing ever is. But they have excelled for my type of usage and actually exceeded my expectations which is good for me.

If things had turned out differently with Windows Phone I can pretty much garantee I'd still be here guns ablazing, but sadly that wasn't to be. Now having a taste, for some time, of the other side, pretty hard to take WM seriously especially considering its present state.

Personally, I can adapt to any platform with the higher end be my comfort zone. See the good and bad in them all with Android working for me at the moment.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have also finally moved on from W10M :unhappy:. After my 1520 rebooted while I was in the middle of an important call and then took almost 10 minutes to restart and allow me to call back, I bought a new Galaxy Note 4 and used SquareHome2 to give it a familiar look.

View attachment 137405

This is what windows needs to do. Well a combination. Create the new windows OS and sign a deal with android to allow access to the play store. Then create a VM engine to allow play store games and apps to be used. This must be possible as I have run VM android on my PC. And that is emulating an ARM VM on an x86/x64 setup. If MSFT would ditch their app store and put the effort into basically doing what Blackberry did, I think it would definitely help. I know BB is just a skin. I would rather see MSFT figure out a way to integrate android apps instead of just skinning android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb