What if the camera is not great? #surfacephone

Allansoyyo

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't spec MS to bring a great camera on their "surface phone". It's Nokia heritage last until Lumia 950. None of the current Surface Products are wearing high-end cameras...

adeski

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The worst thing about Lumia cameras was THE LAG from clicking the button to capturing the photos. Probably an MS software issue as on Android I can click the shutter in quick succession and no lag. For any new MS portable device there must be NO lag, excellent picture quality, ability to cope with side lighting and a flash that prevents red eye(!).

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Critical. Absolutely critical. I am holding on to my Lumia 1020 because of Windows Phone 8 and the camera. It is stupid to me why an OEM doesn't try to make a camera that EASILY is better than the competition. In my opinion, for any OEM to have any reason to brag it shouldn't even be a debate over whether or not their smartphone camera is best. If it's not painfully OBVIOUS to anyone with functioning eyes, then they're DOING IT WRONG.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree as well. Even if they are focusing on enterprise, if you expect someone to replace their phone with your device, you should provide at least a camera that is equal to what you have on iPhone or Pixel.

with apple and samsung gaining good grounds with their camera, surface phone has to compete. the lumia line has a great reputation with camera, surface phone shouldn't dissapoint us

Niklas Larsson

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Since they are so far behind the Surface Phone needs to have minimum everything that everyone i used to and it really needs a good camera. It's so important that they don't cheap it on ANY thing. It even should be able to make video in super slow motion, maybe not 1000 fps like the Sony but at least 240 fps.

Radu Simionoff

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
One of the main reasons I own a Lumia 950 XL is the good quality camera. With an average camera, I wouldn't buy a Surface phone, for me the quality of the camera is a critical feature.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Say what you will... Call me what you want... But, this is a fact; if a new flagship Windows phone is not equipped with a stellar camera, I will go shopping for one that does.

demar256

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
For a great number of government workers in secure areas, a camera phones are off limits. I am sure many other companies have the same policy where information has be protected and devices which could transmit secure documents in the form of pictures are prohibited. In these cases, a phone without a camera is very important to the user.
I am in this situation with my job. I had to drill the camera out to have my phone on my desk. Yes, give us the option...with or without a camera.
Who wants a flip phone without all of the modern tech available. A camera is not really necessary!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
For a great number of government workers in secure areas, a camera phones are off limits. I am sure many other companies have the same policy where information has be protected and devices which could transmit secure documents in the form of pictures are prohibited. In these cases, a phone without a camera is very important to the user.
I am in this situation with my job. I had to drill the camera out to have my phone on my desk. Yes, give us the option...with or without a camera.
Who wants a flip phone without all of the modern tech available. A camera is not really necessary!

I have had to visit companies like this. I had to put a sticker over the camera on my phone (one of those that shows if it has been removed, and they inspect it before you leave), or in some cases leave it at the reception desk. I think you will be hard pressed for any phone manufacturer to make a top end phone today without a camera. If it is a phone your company is paying for maybe Microsoft could give them the option to disable it in software, rather than in hardware or lack there of. I think you are one of the less than 1% of smart phone users that would say a camera isn't necessary.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@demar256, I am going to have to agree with @camaroz1985; I think your situation dictates 'you' buying a job-specific phone for your work... not! we should ask for two phones from MS (with and without). Hell! we can't even get one out of them!!!!!:)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerrys usually had variants without cameras. It's not so strange that some companies still have those security protocols in place.

wpnpla

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
With the importance of social media when it comes to marketing having a portable device that can take high quality pictures to edit and post directly to the internet would be invaluable to small and medium sized businesses. Adding all of the other rumored features of the Surface Phone to this sounds like a win win to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss