Which is better name if Microsoft have plan to release new window phone (surface or Lumia )

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I will go for Lumia because Lumia is popular than surface in most of countries as a smartphone brand .
what you windows phone fans wants Microsoft to name new window phone if they have a plan to release new windows phone

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The Lumia brand is dead. In this case, I think it's better for Microsoft to go with a new name. The Lumia name is more popular yes, but Surface has been generally associated with high-end hardware.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The perfect name would be "Stopthebloodclotwhining". A little long, but very apropos.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I would put the chances of MS associating any new mobile like device with the Lumia name at 0.00000001 percent and I think that is worth a punt but be prepared to lose your money.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I vote Surface all the way. This is a brand that's innovative, (mostly) respected and gaining consumer mindshare. As someone that travels A LOT (I've logged more than 100,000 air miles this year alone) for work, I'm starting to see quite a few Pro models out in the wild. When I first got my SP4 nearly two years ago I was the only kid on the block with one, but now they're everywhere. At the airport today I think I saw at least three others being used. There's real hope Microsoft can build on this hardware momentum, though never discount their unique ability to screw everything up in epic fashion...

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I vote Surface all the way. This is a brand that's innovative, (mostly) respected and gaining consumer mindshare. As someone that travels A LOT (I've logged more than 100,000 air miles this year alone) for work, I'm starting to see quite a few Pro models out in the wild. When I first got my SP4 nearly two years ago I was the only kid on the block with one, but now they're everywhere. At the airport today I think I saw at least three others being used. There's real hope Microsoft can build on this hardware momentum, though never discount their unique ability to screw everything up in epic fashion...
Lumia is also innovative brand like wireless charging,camera with 42 megapixels ,double tap to wake,glance screen etc

Sent from (iOK)

ernonewman

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think any relaunch should be headlined with a Surface device, definitely a hero device that shows everything that Windows is capable of.

Even if this is accompanied by lower-end devices, there has to be a Surface device leading the relaunch and let's not make any mistakes, this will definitely be a relaunch of the Windows brand on phones.

As for the Lumia brand, I think it's dead and should be dropped. While anyone I know who has ever used a Lumia device, including people who use Android and iPhone in their daily lives, have been impressed with the phones when being issued them for work, the wider impression is that Lumia is failed and as long as MS keeps naming their devices with that moniker, the devices will be considered to be part of a failed ecosystem.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I will go for Lumia because Lumia is popular than surface in most of countries as a smartphone brand .
what you windows phone fans wants Microsoft to name new window phone if they have a plan to release new windows phone

Name? The name could be Lumia, but they won't do that, it would go against Microsoft's strategy that aims for people forgetting past phones.

So it should be Surface, even if it's a regular phone.

Now, if you ask me, they should release a non-Surface Phone soonish, with new software technology or some gimmick, to keep the brand alive. And for fans to have something to buy.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Personally, the Lumia is now a "has-been" and no longer relevant. Microsoft letting it "die" in the fashion we witnessed did the Lumia name no good.

The Surface name has been beat-to-death and doubting, if Microsoft did managed to conjour up something, expectations would fall way short of that hype the Surface Phone generated of old.

Anyway, a name means nothing if there's nothing to attach it to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss