Only 3 windows phones? No Lumias?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I have a five person family and it's time to get my youngest her first phone. We love the Lumia line! I went to the Microsoft store and looked at the phones, and there are only 3: Alcatel Idol, HP Elite, and Acer Liquid. None of them are Lumias! Where do you buy lumia phones? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.. :unhappysweat:

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Ironicially if you do a search of just Microsoft Lumia 950 it will show a link to Microsoft site to buy the unlock version though you cant buy the XL unlock directly from Microsoft.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I thought the Lumia name was dead? Did I miss it's resurrection or something?

It's all about the next MS phone... whatever it will be called, whenever it decides to show up... if it is a phone... etc...

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a five person family and it's time to get my youngest her first phone. We love the Lumia line! I went to the Microsoft store and looked at the phones, and there are only 3: Alcatel Idol, HP Elite, and Acer Liquid. None of them are Lumias! Where do you buy lumia phones? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.. :unhappysweat:

They had Windows phones at your Microsoft store?? When my 1520 died, I went into the MS store for a new phone and all they had were Galaxy "Microsoft Edition" phones and iPhones! When I asked about WP devices, the guy chuckled at me like it was some kind of joke.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Windows is dead. They retrenched into a Casket.

They killed off lumia and there's literally nobody else making phones

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Indeed man!! Why force kids a kind of tech that the whole world neglected?? Bad father

Well, she plays a few games on my phone now but this will be more for actual 'communication' (text and call/skype).
What exactly are we missing out on?
I guess I am old, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I still like my Windows Phone..

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Are ANY windows phone actually supported with updates anymore?
I am reading many complaining about the lack of updates and support, even from the 3 phones on the Microsoft website.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Are ANY windows phone actually supported with updates anymore?
I am reading many complaining about the lack of updates and support, even from the 3 phones on the Microsoft website.

The 950 series, 650, Hp Elite x3, Idol 4s (or Idol 4 Pro as it is called in Europe) all get monthly updates from Microsoft. Out of those, the Elite x3 is the only one that has had multiple firmware updates this year.

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
The writing is on wall. Windows 10 mobile is dead. I would recommend an Android. Even Bill Gates doesn't have Windows phone he uses an Android. I loved my 950XL but now it's just an expensive alarm clock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3