Arrow launcher becomes Microsoft launcher

anon(10242418)

May 19, 2017
Visit site
I have an android tablet and I am a beta tester. Today Microsoft launcher had a major update, which brought fluent design and better intergration with Windows 10 pc and Microsoft ecosystem overall.
I have also a Lumia 950 as my main mobile device. Microsoft has killed it. Before two days they killed groove and forced users to move to Spotify, which has a garbage app in Windows Mobile.
The good thing with this is that Microsoft had at least a plan to make a good transition to Spotify. But for us, Windows Phone users hasn't any plan.
Now that they have made a decent ecosystem in android I believe that they should make and android rom for Lumias, with all Microsoft apps as default. They should also make android apps for edge, photos and messages and let groove play local music.
What do you think guys?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish they'd just make an Android phone with a Microsoft skin UI. They could use Arrow or use tiles like some of the Windows themed launchers available in the Play Store.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an android tablet and I am a beta tester. Today Microsoft launcher had a major update, which brought fluent design and better intergration with Windows 10 pc and Microsoft ecosystem overall.
I have also a Lumia 950 as my main mobile device. Microsoft has killed it. Before two days they killed groove and forced users to move to Spotify, which has a garbage app in Windows Mobile.
The good thing with this is that Microsoft had at least a plan to make a good transition to Spotify. But for us, Windows Phone users hasn't any plan.
Now that they have made a decent ecosystem in android I believe that they should make and android rom for Lumias, with all Microsoft apps as default. They should also make android apps for edge, photos and messages and let groove play local music.
What do you think guys?

Just no.

By doing so, it completely undermines the entire Windows Core and modularity of the formerly called Andromeda O/S.

Not to mention, it does not fit in with the Universal App Platform at all.

We all know Microsoft hasn't done a stellar job so far in getting people to embrace the universal app platform, especially since they, themselves are not showing leadership in that area.

For example, two high profile acquisitions Mixer - no UWP, Linkedin - no UWP.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wish they'd just make an Android phone with a Microsoft skin UI. They could use Arrow or use tiles like some of the Windows themed launchers available in the Play Store.

That's pretty much what they are doing with the Microsoft "version" of the S8. It's the same phone with Microsoft default apps installed.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
What do you think guys?

Lumia is a dead line, there will be no more phones. Surface phone? Just a dumb rumor is all it is.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly. There is so much blotware in s8. It has so many samsung and Google apps pre-installed. Arrow also isn't the default launcher.
The beauty of Android is that defaulting apps is so easy even a caveman can do it. Look, MS is out of the phone biz just face the facts. We consumers have only two choices. Apple or Android, been this way for the past three years really.

anon(10242418)

May 19, 2017
Visit site
The beauty of Android is that defaulting apps is so easy even a caveman can do it. Look, MS is out of the phone biz just face the facts. We consumers have only two choices. Apple or Android, been this way for the past three years really.

You can't uninstall the Pre-installed apps in Android, unless you root it. I know that the ms have ceased development for windows mobile,thats why I'm saying that they should make an android rom for lumias.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
You can't uninstall the Pre-installed apps in Android, unless you root it. I know that the ms have ceased development for windows mobile,thats why I'm saying that they should make an android rom for lumias.
That's correct, but you can disable them which is what I do. It's just how it is, there is no alternative other than Apple.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Guys this wont go down well but it is pretty clear Windows Phone is gone. The stages of loss should begin and whilst denial is one of those...

The MS Launcher on Andriod is brilliant, fast, fluid and integrates brilliantly with the windows ecosystem in the key way that Microsoft are targeting - to do more. The continue on pc option that it enables is brilliant...and if I am being honest I cant think of a single way WP integrates better with the windows ecosystem any more. Andriod simply does it better now.

I love WP don't get me wrong and I miss it, but using MS Launcher and their suit of apps there I don't know what I am missing anymore (Live tiles, I know they are awesome, Ive simply had to come to terms with not having them).

anon(10242418)

May 19, 2017
Visit site
I know that Microsoft experience is great right now on android. That's why I believe that they should make an android rom with their apps preinstalled for Lumia users who don't want Windows phone anymore, after Microsoft ceased development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99