01-09-2018 03:49 PM
53 123
tools
    Once One Core is released on mobile units, WP lives on.
    Hey etphoto, agree, except that OneCore is already on mobile devices. OneCore IS and has always been the foundation of W10M.
    10-12-2017 08:09 PM
    Well this is a weird thread. Windows on phones has been dead for ages already. Officially. A bit late to the party I would say.

Windows 10 Mobile, the label or marketing term is also dead (thankfully).

However, what W10M refers to, the actual nuts and bolts of the software, how it works, how it's put together... that is not dead.

Since i don't care about labels or marketing terms, I find it perfectly valid to say W10M is not dead. Provided MS doesn't give up on UWP completely, it will someday resurface under a different name (Andromeda OS?), while using CShell as its launcher. Nevertheless, at its core, it will still be the same thing that we call W10M today.

Of course, MS will do everything they can to not have that new shiny product associated with W10M's negative stigma. Nevertheless, by what name we refer to something doesn't change what that something actually is.

This is probably not the easiest concept to grasp, but I hope it's at least somewhat clear.

Take care everyone!
    Are you implying that the well-praised Chevy Cruze is really a renamed Cavalier? Say ain't so!!! Please tell me that manufacturers don't play those evil marketing tricks.
    Guytronic and a5cent like this.
    10-13-2017 09:35 AM
    Originally posted by GhostEchelon
    Originally Posted by docsp1
    Many Androids are already dead (dont get Updates) 4 weeks after you bought them.
    You don't say. Thought most android phones high ends get at least two big updates or three during the first two or three years?
    Nope. You will be lucky to get them for six months. Already there is talk that LG won't be bringing Orep to the G6 (last years flag ship) to concentrate on the V30.

If you want that kind of support on a handset in the android world it is Google (Pixel), Samsung, or Blackberry.
    01-09-2018 03:49 PM
53 123