I have feeling Microsoft may officially announce death of windows phone in coming weeks

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Kills of groove music,bringing edge browser to ios,android,there is also news surface brand is also going to end in 2019 .Now i have doubt about surface phone. 🤔

Last edited:

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, I love my Surface Pro 3, but I sincerely doubt I'll buy another Surface. I envisioned MS being a player in consumer when I bought it but I think that ship has left port. I purchased a lot of movies through MS so I could watch on my Surface when traveling. But I bet MS will kill off the movies and TV like they did Groove.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It’s not fake news, it’s an analysis.

An analysis that comes to a baseless conclusion, based on baseless claims, that Microsoft is going to terminate a product line isn't much of an analysis. I throw around the term "fake news" because it's fun to say now. But this is essentially garbage journalism.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
An analysis that comes to a baseless conclusion, based on baseless claims, that Microsoft is going to terminate a product line isn't much of an analysis. I throw around the term "fake news" because it's fun to say now. But this is essentially garbage journalism.

Your opinion which you are entitled to. You also don’t have to read it.
MS has done nothing to prevent people from predicting these types of events. I think you’re placing the blame on the wrong people.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Your opinion which you are entitled to. You also don’t have to read it.
MS has done nothing to prevent people from predicting these types of events. I think you’re placing the blame on the wrong people.

Microsoft doesn't control the keyboard of Bogdad Popa. It's our prerogative as responsible consumers to acknowledge and reject bad journalism when we see it. This is bad journalism.

If you'd like an example of the approach of a responsible journalist on this same issue, here it is: https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-unlikely-quit-surface

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't control the keyboard of Bogdad Popa. It's our prerogative as responsible consumers to acknowledge and reject bad journalism when we see it. This is bad journalism.

If you'd like an example of the approach of a responsible journalist on this same issue, here it is: https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-unlikely-quit-surface

Look, we’re all human and biased towards our own opinions. If you had agreed with the piece, you’d be praising them. Instead you responded emotionally and called out the author. Whatever, I could care less. I may even agree with you.
Enjoy your day. I have work to do.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you had agreed with the piece, you’d be praising them. Instead you responded emotionally and called out the author.

Whoops, you're right! I forget how well you know me. Of course, I was being entirely subjective and i'm driven solely by emotion. How silly of me to assume that there's an objective basis for good journalism. My bad!

Enjoy your day of hard work!

what-whatever-shrug-EsmlrgWNx5v0Y

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Ok... What another person going claim that Microsoft drops Windows 10 all together and goes back with Windows 7 style? That be the day... Im just tired of negative topics on WC. How about rename the site to DoomCentral.com no offense I look on like mspoweruser at least there not bashing all the time like the news on here. Very disappointing on how WC it wasn't like this a year ago.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok... What another person going claim that Microsoft drops Windows 10 all together and goes back with Windows 7 style? That be the day... Im just tired of negative topics on WC. How about rename the site to DoomCentral.com no offense I look on like mspoweruser at least there not bashing all the time like the news on here. Very disappointing on how WC it wasn't like this a year ago.
Well what is there to talk about in the Windows consumer world? Certainly mobile is bye bye, I don't see anything on the consumer side that is positive.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

The floor is yours, make us :smile:

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
A company discontinuing their failing products is hardly news.

Windows 10, Xbox, and Office, are all doing quite well as far as I can tell. No doubt that most people are familiar with these products.

At the same time, have you ever heard of a lot of people using Groove? W10 mobile?

You know what else is doing really well? iPhones and Android. The customers are already there, MS would be dumb to ignore that. THAT is what Belfiore's tweet above meant. Apple and Google are literally handing these customers to MS by letting them release their software.

You can't possibly be surprised by Microsoft's recent decisions and announcements, they were all predictable and logical.

As for W10 mobile specifically, it's really quite simple from my point of view.
Why would MS make a whole new and separate OS for mobile, when they already have an extremely popular, extremely versatile OS?
The only reason that smartphones ever existed, is because PCs couldn't fit in your pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750