I have feeling Microsoft may officially announce death of windows phone in coming weeks

docsp1

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Well what is there to talk about in the Windows consumer world? Certainly mobile is bye bye, I don't see anything on the consumer side that is positive.

Many Androids are already dead (dont get Updates) 4 weeks after you bought them.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Many Androids are already dead (dont get Updates) 4 weeks after you bought them.
4 weeks? That's nonsense, unless you are talking about budget phones that the minority of people own. But you must have missed my point. I asked, what MS consumer topic that is positive do people want to talk about?

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Let me try to help. Let's talk about Microsoft sync in Ford cars, oh wait they killed it. Let's talk about MS band, I owned both and loved them, oh wait they killed it. Let's talk about the Lumia phone line, owned an Icon loved the hell out of that phone, oh darn they killed that line. Let's talk about Windows 10 mobile, oh shuckydarn they killed it. Hmm, let's talk about Hololens, shoot, not consumer and no affordable device has been released. Okay trying to stay positive, let's talk about Groove music where I can purchase music and download the albums directly to my Lumia 635 I use for an MP3 player. Oh, shoot that's killed too. Okay people, help me out what Microsoft consumer product do you want to discuss in a positive manor? I would love to do it.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Let me try to help. Let's talk about Microsoft sync in Ford cars, oh wait they killed it. Let's talk about MS band, I owned both and loved them, oh wait they killed it. Let's talk about the Lumia phone line, owned an Icon loved the hell out of that phone, oh darn they killed that line. Let's talk about Windows 10 mobile, oh shuckydarn they killed it. Hmm, let's talk about Hololens, shoot, not consumer and no affordable device has been released. Okay trying to stay positive, let's talk about Groove music where I can purchase music and download the albums directly to my Lumia 635 I use for an MP3 player. Oh, shoot that's killed too. Okay people, help me out what Microsoft consumer product do you want to discuss in a positive manor? I would love to do it.

All the products you have mention are great too. At one point I wanted to get a Microsoft band a new one then they killed it im like ugh... Not sure what Microsoft wants to be like the next IBM. I often wonder when will Microsoft Windows for pc will fall and no longer be for consumers... I mean why not they killed everything else many of us love and im not trying to be negative. I just wish this CEO we have just knew how to be customer focus instead of having his head up in the clouds were he wants it...

Get it... He's head in the clouds... Cloud computer first... yep hes doing a great job with his head up high xD

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone is dead in any meaningful way except name. I'm surprised people are still waiting for an official word, as if official actions aren't proof enough.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Bug fixes and updates for another year and a half is good enough for me. By that time maybe iOS has got it together. Android seems stuck in 1st gear so unless the BlackBerry Motion shakes things up I'm staying put. I can't justify the ridiculous prices of existing flagships.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Bug fixes and updates for another year and a half is good enough for me. By that time maybe iOS has got it together. Android seems stuck in 1st gear so unless the BlackBerry Motion shakes things up I'm staying put. I can't justify the ridiculous prices of existing flagships.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
I feel the same way. Or maybe Microsoft surprises everyone....maybe

nt40lanman

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I'll continue to use my Windows phone but the only conclusion I can come to is that it is dead. Microsoft stopped making it a priority and has been killing apps and features. They have driven the market share into the ground which is causing the app gap to GROW. Even if Surface Phone comes out, what will be the purpose? A phone that can be a computer but STILL has no apps? Who T F wants THAT? In my opinion, *IF* they intend to move to Surface Phone, they should have continued to foster their market share with reasonably priced phones, and app development. I can see no other outcome than failure. It's a shame because I like Win Phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll continue to use my Windows phone but the only conclusion I can come to is that it is dead. Microsoft stopped making it a priority and has been killing apps and features. They have driven the market share into the ground which is causing the app gap to GROW. Even if Surface Phone comes out, what will be the purpose? A phone that can be a computer but STILL has no apps? Who T F wants THAT? In my opinion, *IF* they intend to move to Surface Phone, they should have continued to foster their market share with reasonably priced phones, and app development. I can see no other outcome than failure. It's a shame because I like Win Phone.
They have more influence and control over what happens to their ecosystem via their software capabilities right now. That has also been the case for at least a year or more. Mobile hardware is where they can't even budge the needle. I doubt a mobile phone each year would have helped anything on their app side of things.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb