I have feeling Microsoft may officially announce death of windows phone in coming weeks

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Surprise! Windows phone is dead (no longer a focus)!

Not much of a surprise, but thanks for the reminder. I was actually inferring on what @fatclue_98 was pointing at with iOS in the future and giving Microsoft the benefit of the doubt in what they are doing. It is possible the phone/slab mobile device we know shifts as makers begin to test the waters for newer tech, and advancements. I doubt it will change rapidly as those handful of makers have big dice on what happens in the consumer world of technology. Meaning they will spoon feed us these pocket rockets for as long as they want/need until the break through need to come.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well this is a weird thread. Windows on phones has been dead for ages already. Officially. A bit late to the party I would say.

Windows 10 Mobile, the label or marketing term is also dead (thankfully).

However, what W10M refers to, the actual nuts and bolts of the software, how it works, how it's put together... that is not dead.

Since i don't care about labels or marketing terms, I find it perfectly valid to say W10M is not dead. Provided MS doesn't give up on UWP completely, it will someday resurface under a different name (Andromeda OS?), while using CShell as its launcher. Nevertheless, at its core, it will still be the same thing that we call W10M today.

Of course, MS will do everything they can to not have that new shiny product associated with W10M's negative stigma. Nevertheless, by what name we refer to something doesn't change what that something actually is.

This is probably not the easiest concept to grasp, but I hope it's at least somewhat clear.

Take care everyone!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Look, everything dies and if i die 5 years from now you can't claim i am dead today. The WP sirens have been claiming WP was dead back in the Palm Tro days. They can't come out of the woodwork now claiming they were right. W10M is dead (or near death) the same way W 7.0 and 8.1 are dead. Once One Core is released on mobile units, WP lives on. Of course, the same yahoos will still be around claiming WP is dead. Lol

Twitter: @PhotographyET

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well this is a weird thread. Windows on phones has been dead for ages already. Officially. A bit late to the party I would say.

Windows 10 Mobile, the label or marketing term is also dead (thankfully).

However, what W10M refers to, the actual nuts and bolts of the software, how it works, how it's put together... that is not dead.

Since i don't care about labels or marketing terms, I find it perfectly valid to say W10M is not dead. Provided MS doesn't give up on UWP completely, it will someday resurface under a different name (Andromeda OS?), while using CShell as its launcher. Nevertheless, at its core, it will still be the same thing that we call W10M today.

Of course, MS will do everything they can to not have that new shiny product associated with W10M's negative stigma. Nevertheless, by what name we refer to something doesn't change what that something actually is.

This is probably not the easiest concept to grasp, but I hope it's at least somewhat clear.

Take care everyone!
Are you implying that the well-praised Chevy Cruze is really a renamed Cavalier? Say ain't so!!! Please tell me that manufacturers don't play those evil marketing tricks.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by GhostEchelon
Originally Posted by docsp1
Many Androids are already dead (dont get Updates) 4 weeks after you bought them.

You don't say. Thought most android phones high ends get at least two big updates or three during the first two or three years?

Nope. You will be lucky to get them for six months. Already there is talk that LG won't be bringing Orep to the G6 (last years flag ship) to concentrate on the V30.

If you want that kind of support on a handset in the android world it is Google (Pixel), Samsung, or Blackberry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb