Soooo, about that Razer Phone ...

Muskym

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
From a durability standpoint, it uses gorilla glass 3 and has no water resistance. I have yet to even crack my a phone screen but it still very much matters to me. It also lacks a headphone jack. If the durability was brought to today's standards and it had the headphone jack it would easily be one of the top 3 phones on the market. I'm not even considering the phone right now but I'm excited to see what the next Razer phone could be.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
From my perspective The Razer phone has not done anything that has not been already done.

One thing it did not do was support CDMA...

I really liked it's big battery and screen. The "bezel-less" trend is less important to me than a good screen and a long battery life.

Like everyone else, I am still on w10m intentionally, but there's no surface phone on the horizon and the end of Groove Music is the last straw. I would have bought a 950, or an HP Elite, but there hasn't been a CMDA windows phone since the Icon.

I think I am going to have to go with a Note 8, but I would have considered the Razer.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
One thing it did not do was support CDMA...

I really liked it's big battery and screen. The "bezel-less" trend is less important to me than a good screen and a long battery life.

Like everyone else, I am still on w10m intentionally, but there's no surface phone on the horizon and the end of Groove Music is the last straw. I would have bought a 950, or an HP Elite, but there hasn't been a CMDA windows phone since the Icon.

I think I am going to have to go with a Note 8, but I would have considered the Razer.

Oh man. Thanks for quoting me. I poorly put that sentence together...lol

I updated what I really was trying to put across. Late night post I guess...sorry.

Also, I am pretty perturbed about Groove myself. Realizing some things I need to do now that Groove is kinda locked down...

Lastly, have you considered the CDMA Verizon Elite X3?

Last edited:

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
My issue with this phone is that it targets "gamers" without offering gamers an incentive to buy it. I love playing video games and designing them as well. But I also much prefer a physical controller over a touch screen layout. Razer could have made a silly gimmick like the physical keyboard or a gamepad attachment (like the Nintendo Switch) but instead of doing that they just throw in top specs onto a phone and made it like every other phone out there, except more expensive.

treiz

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking to switch over from my 950XL. I picked up the Note8 a few weeks ago and it was nice, but I returned it because of the stupid curved screen, the poor battery life, and the terrible speaker.
For a while I was torn between the HTC U11+ and the Razer Phone. I was leaning heavily toward the HTC because of the water resistance and the bigger screen, but as we now know HTC has put an end to that dream. It's going to have to be the Razer Phone for me. None of the other upcoming devices interests me.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
This phone is intriguing. Funny thing, not sure if other people would agree, but if it had Windows OS I'd jump at it. Why? Specs - that RAM, the speakers, screen and the general size being a little smaller than my X3. The thing that holds me back is the camera (camera on the X3 now is quite good). I think the camera is poor going by the reviews so far. I don't use the camera a lot but when I do I need it to be decent. I don't expect the 950xl decent, but at least the HP X3. So, I'm happy about keeping my Elite and Moto 5S Plus for certain apps I need. However, I do like the design being minimalist, and a **** you to every other phone looking identical right now.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I think it's ugly as sin. Seriously, if you can't design your own phone, don't make phones. I also think it is pointless. The vast majority of gamers on phones play very basic games that can run fine on hardware from 2 years ago. There's not enough people playing hardcore games on phones to create the need for it. In addition, if people are playing hardcore games on their phone they probably want a headphone jack for when they are playing away from home which I imagine is where they will mostly be playing. I like razor and I was interested to see what they wre going to do, this phone is absolutely pointless. It's just another phone with good specs and a terrible design.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's the first and only Android phone I'm genuinely intrigued enough about to want one.

That screen, the speakers, the smart little fingerprint/power button at the side....not to mention the internals. A huge battery and a huge amount of ram.

It's a fantastic phone

NevilleWP

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Not intrigued. Just another Android, square, boring brick. It looks as interesting as the Android UI is intuitive... I'll stick to my trusty Lumia 950 with a smart OS and a smart UI, thank you.

Roger Jones1

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Last year I retired my 2012 Note 2. This was replaced with a Lumia 640 to see what Windows Mobile was all about. In April I bought the 950 XL to make things easier for my 70 years old eyes. I intend to keep my 950 XL until it no longer works, or until the Surface Phone/Courier/Note comes along.

Like others, any Apple product is not a remote possibility. IF I have to get another smartphone so that I have to access a critical app not available on my 950 XL, I don't think the Razer is for me, too expensive.
Anyone like to suggest another Android smartphone just for a few apps?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Last year I retired my 2012 Note 2. This was replaced with a Lumia 640 to see what Windows Mobile was all about. In April I bought the 950 XL to make things easier for my 70 years old eyes. I intend to keep my 950 XL until it no longer works, or until the Surface Phone/Courier/Note comes along.

Like others, any Apple product is not a remote possibility. IF I have to get another smartphone so that I have to access a critical app not available on my 950 XL, I don't think the Razer is for me, too expensive.
Anyone like to suggest another Android smartphone just for a few apps?
I would say in about 1.5 months, this phone will be wayyyyyyyy cheaper. 👍 It might be more appealing then.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I would say in about 1.5 months, this phone will be wayyyyyyyy cheaper. ������ It might be more appealing then.

True. For an Android phone to make it nowadays it has to be all that and some, then fit the bill on top of that. Not sure Razer has the clout to price it as high as they did for an audience as such. But who knows, we will find out in the coming months I think.

ordepim

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
From my perspective The Razer phone has not done anything that has already been done.

Since sony phones have no fingerprint here is the US, Razer phone is the only one that i know of that does. It is also the only company to focus mostly on games. The phone may not be the best but it will likely get even more gamer features that no other phone will have. It is not a phone for everybody, that makes it different than 90% of all other phones aimed at a wider audience. Examples game booster settings and the variable 120hz refresh rate.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Since sony phones have no fingerprint here is the US, Razer phone is the only one that i know of that does. It is also the only company to focus mostly on games. The phone may not be the best but it will likely get even more gamer features that no other phone will have. It is not a phone for everybody, that makes it different than 90% of all other phones aimed at a wider audience. Examples game booster settings and the variable 120hz refresh rate.

Good point. Razer knows this as well. (Their hw directed at a specific audience)
It is a unique device for sure...

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Man this would be a perfect type of idea to try out a full windows pc on a phone sized device. That way the people who cant fathom the idea of having a full windows platform on a small screen can have the lap dock to help them cope and gamers could have a full on gaming experience on the go. Plus if they could incorporate a similar idea to their graphic card boost dock for their laptop for the phone built into the lap dock, boosting the phone's performance when docked that would be nice too.

I like the idea, but not so much on the OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs