05-23-2018 01:36 PM
444 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    In recent months I've tried out android and ios to see which one I would prefer. Couldn't handle either one. I'm hanging on to my 950 til it disintegrates, at which point i'll probably go back to a landline or writing letters.

My 950 with its Mozo cover (which should have come standard) still get's compliments to this day.
    01-22-2018 03:23 PM
    I use my 950XL as it's my phone, I have a worked supplied Samsung and hate it.

My wife uses her 950.

We will use them till they become unusable or a suitable replacement becomes available, we hope they will be phone sized devices that run full blown W10 with telephony, my personal favourite will be that we can port our mobile numbers to our Windows accounts so we could then make calls to and from any PC like our Surfaces and Xbox's as well as the smaller devices.
    I'm using 950xl and I'm so happy to got it, the only thing I really don't like its about pasticky case, so disappointed but in other order I'm so supported, fast with wide screen best camera definition well enough reasons to keep with my 950xl, I'm not looking for another phone at least till one with more than 20mpx and wp10 and windows hello and good battery life and screen def appears on scene I can't believe people getting so excited looking for new iPhone and Samsung Galaxy but they are still round 12mpx God we are on 2018! I used to take pics on 12 mpxl with a nokia n8... Im still on microsoft because i belive in. (sorry for my English grammar )
    01-22-2018 03:31 PM
    I have just upgraded my L640 for the L650. Win10 mobile still has all the apps I need for, email, banking and social media, etc. I can't afford an iphone with decent enough storage and can't seem to bring myself to move to Android just yet. Whilst my apps are still working and get the occasional updates, as well as the phone getting the MS security updates, I am happy to stay on Win10 Mobile till the bitter end.
    01-22-2018 03:55 PM
    Actually use 2 Windows Phones: 950xl and Alcatel Idol 4s. The 950xl is my primary phone and the Idol 4s is my Windows Mobile Insiders phone.
    01-22-2018 05:13 PM
    IDK, the only place I read or hear about phones being a status symbol is on a Microsoft fan forum such as this one. I think your line quoted above is needed here as much as anywhere!
    Agreed. You don’t hear Apple fans saying this but people here knocking them because they think that’s why they bought the Phone. Or the “closed ecosystem” argument which is silly also.
    There is nothing wrong with using a phone, Windows, Apple, or Google because you like it best. We need to stop with the biased comments.
    tgp, libra89, fatclue_98 and 1 others like this.
    01-22-2018 05:18 PM
    I'm still using my Nokia Lumia because I love the size, camera and unique operating system. Oh, and it also still works wonderfully!
    01-22-2018 06:48 PM
    I've had iPhones 3/4/5/6/X, Samsungs, HTC's, Blackberries and simultanously owned pretty much every major Lumia, 920, 930, 950 (x2) and 2 950 XLs.

I love windows phone 10, fully intergrated with one.drive and Office apps. My work got my a sweet deal with One.drive so i sport for free the 200 GB of storage.

I love it. I can share excel and photos with my family whilst the UI is just a breath of fresh air. I love how i can change it when i get bored, move to high contrast and back (its good at night when your screen is far too bright, even on the lowest brightness option).

I love the features and apps, especially baconit (reddit app). Having used so many devices I can say confidentally that baconit is the best reddit app across ios/android/WP10.

I am so disappointed that MS hasn't launched a new device. I appreciate that they need UWP so they can run 32-bit and 64-bit Windows desktop apps on their next mobility device but come on, this wait is just ridiculous.

I find the politics at MS to be part of the problem. Satya Nadella wants to destroy Ballmer's WP10 simply because Ballmer was its sponsor. Satya is chucking the baby out with the baby water because he hates the baby's father.

Which scares me because this makes me suspect that the Surface Phone (for the want of a better name) will have a new UI.

My money is on a 2018 launch.
    mtf1380 and Drael646464 like this.
    01-22-2018 06:58 PM
    Using a Alcatel Idol 4S for my Computer Business and a S8 for my personal stuff.
    01-22-2018 07:49 PM
    I jumped into the smartphone fray with a Lumia 900. I fell in love with a ZuneHD back in the day and thought that interface would rock on a phone. The Nokia/Windows Phone announcement came months after and I patiently waited. I picked up a 900 on day one, replacing it with a 1020 on its day one. I retired the 1020 about a year ago when the issues it had with Windows 10 Mobile were just too much. I was able to find a NIB green 1520 and that is still my primary phone.

That said, I picked up an Android Sony XA1 Plus last month so I could access about a handful of apps. It's a smaller phone and I don't mind carrying two of them.
    01-22-2018 10:26 PM
    My parents and I were using Lumia's until my dads fell in a pool and mums 920 started disintegrating, so they have now have Samsung S8's and a Lg G6. I am still using my 950xl.

Feedback from both have been the Android system is cumbersome to use and has too many sub menus and settings. The apps have too many adverts and their are too many homescreens (swipe left or right).

I needed to set these up for them and concur with what they have said, its such a cumbersome operating system. Will stick to my Lumia until key apps dont have support (Instagram) as I run a business on there.
    Drael646464 likes this.
    01-23-2018 02:43 AM
    Yes. Honestly. I use it for reliance; knowing when email is in the inbox, checking the calendar, contacts. However not for making calls, though I am considering going all in again as Android has proven to be a big disappointment after four months of use. In my situation I would loved it IF the operator would allow two sims for one mobile number on the same contract. And Apple is NOT an option.
    01-23-2018 03:43 AM
    I'm using 950xl and I'm so happy to got it, the only thing I really don't like its about pasticky case, so disappointed but in other order I'm so supported, fast with wide screen best camera definition well enough reasons to keep with my 950xl, I'm not looking for another phone at least till one with more than 20mpx and wp10 and windows hello and good battery life and screen def appears on scene I can't believe people getting so excited looking for new iPhone and Samsung Galaxy but they are still round 12mpx God we are on 2018! I used to take pics on 12 mpxl with a nokia n8... Im still on microsoft because i belive in. (sorry for my English grammar )
    The MegaPixel war was over years ago. Even DSLR cameras have settled on less but larger pixels just like phones have now.
    01-23-2018 07:00 AM
    OK well after a few years I went back to Windows Mobile, just started using my Lumia 735 on Verizon, been 4 hours and I'm done, pulling out the Sim card and putting it back in my Samsung S7. I didn't realize you can not longer send picture text messages, vital part of my job, and visual voicemail is more longer supported either. Verizon seems to try purposely to kill off Windows phone users. Wasted time calling Verizon as there is not a single employee in business support that actually knows anything about windows mobile OS. Oh well guess my windows phones are going on ebay, probably sell for a whole whopping $25
    wtf are you talking about?... I can still send pictures in my txt messages no problems, sounds like Verizon problem, not a windows phone problem... sounds like you need to PROPERLY set up your MMS settings on the phone... I honestly think Verizon purposely tries to sabotage windows users on its service because they make more money on android devices or they personally favor android (fan boys) hate it when a problem occurs and people automatically assume its a windows phone problem...
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    01-23-2018 07:33 AM
    IDK, the only place I read or hear about phones being a status symbol is on a Microsoft fan forum such as this one. I think your line quoted above is needed here as much as anywhere!
    yeah because iPhone "groups" like to brag that they're a status symbol... of course you don't read or hear about it, it's just "implied" due to the fact they follow each other like sheeps and come off as condescending and think IOS is the shiznit! they come into this forum which is a windows phone fan forum and knock us WMP users for CHOOSING to stick with WMP and claiming that IOS is superior to WMP's and that we should just give up and switch to Apple phones... and android users are doing the same thing...

Agreed. You don’t hear Apple fans saying this but people here knocking them because they think that’s why they bought the Phone. Or the “closed ecosystem” argument which is silly also.
    There is nothing wrong with using a phone, Windows, Apple, or Google because you like it best. We need to stop with the biased comments.
    please, you're one of the biggest offenders of exactly that, I have seen most of your posts and you passive aggressively push in favor of android and IOS all the while covertly telling people that they should give up on windows phone mobile...
    Drael646464 likes this.
    01-23-2018 07:57 AM
    as there is only 263 comments, in world which has billions, we can see the depth of recovery Microsoft have in front of them.
    It would be interesting, from the 200+ replies, how does everyone's colleagues at work and family members also feel about windows phones?
    Rahsna Asurac likes this.
    01-23-2018 07:58 AM
    wtf are you talking about?... I can still send pictures in my txt messages no problems, sounds like Verizon problem, not a windows phone problem... sounds like you need to PROPERLY set up your MMS settings on the phone... I honestly think Verizon purposely tries to sabotage windows users on its service because they make more money on android devices or they personally favor android (fan boys) hate it when a problem occurs and people automatically assume its a windows phone problem...
    That's exactly what I was thinking also, that the MMS APN settings were missing or incorrect, but the settings for MMS do not exist on a Verizon 735 after Windows 10.xx as well. I have owned Microsoft / Windows phones since back when the Motorola Q was new. I have never seen so much stuff stripped off a Windows phone as what Verizon does. Verizon's CEO must have some personal problem with Microsoft that the keep screwing with Windows phones. I was on the phone with Verizon tech support for 2 hours the guy really tried to help, but after looking through all the pages of the same complaints on Verizon's community website, it appears that no one at Verizon has an answer and they of course blamed Microsoft saying it is a Windows 10 problem.
    01-23-2018 08:43 AM
    That's exactly what I was thinking also, that the MMS APN settings were missing or incorrect, but the settings for MMS do not exist on a Verizon 735 after Windows 10.xx as well. I have owned Microsoft / Windows phones since back when the Motorola Q was new. I have never seen so much stuff stripped off a Windows phone as what Verizon does. Verizon's CEO must have some personal problem with Microsoft that the keep screwing with Windows phones. I was on the phone with Verizon tech support for 2 hours the guy really tried to help, but after looking through all the pages of the same complaints on Verizon's community website, it appears that no one at Verizon has an answer and they of course blamed Microsoft saying it is a Windows 10 problem.
    from what I've seen all over the web, your not the only one with this problem, also even the new x3 that supposedly was re-built to work on Verizon's network are having similar problems, but not as wide spread, I don't know why Verizon is so ant-MSFT!
    01-23-2018 10:05 AM
    Still using 950xl and in no rush to leave. Great camera, clean interface and continuum. I'm sticking with it and web apps! The app problem is real so started playing with an android but it's such a mess that I'm staying w10m right until my 950xl dies
    Ben Levi Giron likes this.
    01-23-2018 12:45 PM
    My phone is a Lumia 640. The rest of my family moved to Android last year, and based on their experiences, I'm not rushing to make the switch myself. I will eventually, but it's not a priority.

My wife switched from a 640 to a Galaxy S7 last May. She loves that she can get tons of apps now, but the phone's core features are a step backward in her opinion. Where Cortana responds to most questions by saying the answer out loud, OK Google just brings up a list of web sites to click on. Where Cortana gives you the opportunity to dictate a response to a text you got while in the car, the Galaxy does not. She still has no idea why and how she keeps dialing people without intending to. She preferred her 640 for driving directions too. I don't remember what else she complains about, but there's a lot she doesn't like about the S7. Just a few days ago she was griping about it again. She's technically competent and fully capable of dealing with change. She's not a Microsoft fan boy. So for her to still be complaining after 9 months is telling.
    01-23-2018 03:26 PM
    yeah because iPhone "groups" like to brag that they're a status symbol... of course you don't read or hear about it, it's just "implied" due to the fact they follow each other like sheeps and come off as condescending and think IOS is the shiznit! they come into this forum which is a windows phone fan forum and knock us WMP users for CHOOSING to stick with WMP and claiming that IOS is superior to WMP's and that we should just give up and switch to Apple phones... and android users are doing the same thing...

please, you're one of the biggest offenders of exactly that, I have seen most of your posts and you passive aggressively push in favor of android and IOS all the while covertly telling people that they should give up on windows phone mobile...
    Your perception.
    I have never told people they need to go to Android or iOS. I don’t even use Android! You are putting words (untrue words) in peoples mouths to attempt to prove some point you want to make.
    I do use iOS now but believe people should use what works for them. I do often counter the “Android and iOS are crap” comments because they are ridiculous, childish and unnecessary.
    As far as iOS fans coming here just to harass you, perhaps you should not be so timid. Many people use more than one OS (I’m so tired of stating the obvious) and this is not some childish “you can only use our OS to play with us” forum. It is a place for people to share ideas, learn about tech and have meaningful but respectful banter. I still own an Idol 4S and keep it updated to the latest build both for fun and to see if there any improvements. It that allowed or do I need your permission?

I think you need to enjoy yourself a little more and not take the smartphone world so serious. There are world size problems to keep us up at night.

Take care.
    fatclue_98, libra89 and NYCMetsPDX like this.
    01-23-2018 05:00 PM
    I'm still using my beloved L640 with WP8.1. I already lost a few apps and games that I enjoyed but I'm used to live with limitants, specially with technology. I will not change it until it becomes a necessity, but I honestly will miss a lot the Windows ecosystem when that time arrives. I learned that there is not a perfect OS, but Windows Phone gave me less problems in my experience with mobile devices (iOS compatibility and Android storage management have been a headache every time I have tried them) and the interface has been suitable for me.
    01-23-2018 05:06 PM
    Your perception.
    I have never told people they need to go to Android or iOS. I don’t even use Android! You are putting words (untrue words) in peoples mouths to attempt to prove some point you want to make.
    I do use iOS now but believe people should use what works for them. I do often counter the “Android and iOS are crap” comments because they are ridiculous, childish and unnecessary.
    As far as iOS fans coming here just to harass you, perhaps you should not be so timid. Many people use more than one OS (I’m so tired of stating the obvious) and this is not some childish “you can only use our OS to play with us” forum. It is a place for people to share ideas, learn about tech and have meaningful but respectful banter. I still own an Idol 4S and keep it updated to the latest build both for fun and to see if there any improvements. It that allowed or do I need your permission?

I think you need to enjoy yourself a little more and not take the smartphone world so serious. There are world size problems to keep us up at night.

Take care.
    dilly! dilly! :^)
    TgeekB and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-23-2018 05:31 PM
    dilly! dilly! :^)
    Thank you, that was funny!
    mtf1380 likes this.
    01-23-2018 05:35 PM
    Unless they've changed their policy, Verizon purposely hides the MMS APN settings. I did a write-up a couple of years ago for updating the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 and I listed the steps to make the necessary reg edits for enabling MMS APN changes if you were on a non-Verizon carrier. Change the DWORD to "0" at this registry tree:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX\HideMMSAPN

It's the same reg edit for Verizon Nokias as well.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    01-23-2018 06:38 PM
    I use 950xl as GPS connected to s7 edge hotspot everyday
    01-23-2018 06:39 PM
444 ... 910111213 ...