The Lap Dock is also on sale for $199.
    BeachBomb likes this.
    04-07-2018 09:44 AM
    No, the store associate called me and told me to come in to get my refund which was great customer service.
    nate0 and mtf1380 like this.
    04-07-2018 02:37 PM
    I always hear a mockery type "aaah, what a last mohicane with WP" exploded when I pull it out. Honestly, all the jeers stops when I tell about 3 days battery duration (5 days with saver turned on) and OS stability that NEVER made my phone frozen during all the 3 years. I still use 640XL 8.1 for almost three years and this week I finally unpacked a 640XL w10 that I have bought since last August. My spouse use the same 640XL 8.1. I use the phone like my only one device that perfectly fits to my small business solution supported by MS. The w10 version seems to offer smarter functions than w8.1, but I`m still shocked and speachless how tragic is the default GPS navigation app that replaced HereDrive and Maps in w10 version. I still like more the 8.1 version in controlling the basic phone functions.
    nate0 and Kevin Rush like this.
    04-13-2018 01:07 PM
    My HP Elite X3 is still my main phone. It works for me and meets my needs so there is no need for me to change.
    04-21-2018 09:55 AM
    screenshot_20180421-113331-1-.jpg Huge Windows Mobile fan but finally had to give up (long after they gave up on us). Tried iphone again for awhile but switched to android. Best move ever. Eventually found Launcher 10 and never looked back (it even has LIVE TILES). Now I have an amazing windows mobile experience except that I have access to every app imaginable. I get the look and feel and UI of windows mobile without any limitations. I own a OnePlus 5 which is a reasonably priced flagship worthy phone. I even use Always On AMOLED to give me the Glance screen that I loved from WM. All in all, I often forget that I'm on android. I miss a true Windows Mobile phone but I feel I've actually upgraded because Microsoft completely fumbled, lied and finally gave up on all of us.
    jeffchapik and Alex Zapata like this.
    04-21-2018 10:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180421-113331 (1).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	795.3 KB 
ID:	139083 Huge Windows Mobile fan but finally had to give up (long after they gave up on us). Tried iphone again for awhile but switched to android. Best move ever. Eventually found Launcher 10 and never looked back (it even has LIVE TILES). Now I have an amazing windows mobile experience except that I have access to every app imaginable. I get the look and feel and UI of windows mobile without any limitations. I own a OnePlus 5 which is a reasonably priced flagship worthy phone. I even use Always On AMOLED to give me the Glance screen that I loved from WM. All in all, I often forget that I'm on android. I miss a true Windows Mobile phone but I feel I've actually upgraded because Microsoft completely fumbled, lied and finally gave up on all of us.
    That is an interesting Android launcher. Looks very good. Whenever I have to switch platforms (most likely to Android, sadly) then this would be very useful to me. How responsive are the live tiles on the launcher? Do they get stuck updating or anything like that?
    Alex Zapata likes this.
    04-22-2018 09:22 AM
    Still using Windows phones since Nokia L800, I have three in regular use 640/640XL on 8.1 and a 650 on 10, all reliable and with good battery life, I still prefer windows phone over Android.
    aximtreo and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-01-2018 06:59 PM
    As of today I am no longer using WP. It was with a heavy heart that my Elite X3 got reset and I now use a Xiaomi A1 Android phone instead. On the flip side, I still have all the same apps that I had on WP and I still have MS Teams too which is why I had to move to Android to start with.
    05-02-2018 07:32 AM
    As of today I am no longer using WP. It was with a heavy heart that my Elite X3 got reset and I now use a Xiaomi A1 Android phone instead. On the flip side, I still have all the same apps that I had on WP and I still have MS Teams too which is why I had to move to Android to start with.
    Guess it will happen to us sooner or later .. I'll probably be using my 950XL for at least year. Probably get a Nokia 7+ as a secondary phone between now and then...
    Probably, maybe etc "Difficult to see. Always in motion the future is”

... !
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    05-02-2018 08:53 AM
    That is an interesting Android launcher. Looks very good. Whenever I have to switch platforms (most likely to Android, sadly) then this would be very useful to me. How responsive are the live tiles on the launcher? Do they get stuck updating or anything like that?
    They are actually pretty good. Facebook, Outlook, Twitter all show a notification count and updates. Photos and Contacts cycle through like they do on W10M. The Weather Channel displays current temp (via a widget). The only thing I miss is a local weather radar tile like I had with MyRadar in W10M.
    05-02-2018 12:29 PM
    They are actually pretty good. Facebook, Outlook, Twitter all show a notification count and updates. Photos and Contacts cycle through like they do on W10M. The Weather Channel displays current temp (via a widget). The only thing I miss is a local weather radar tile like I had with MyRadar in W10M.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...63f2cb208a.jpg
    I did actuallly try this launcher, but to me, it didn't look as polished as it was on W10M. So I use the Microsoft Launcher instead and I quite like it.
    nate0 likes this.
    05-03-2018 03:53 AM
    So many great features make using Windows Mobile Phone a joy to experience and use. I enjoy it everyday. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't tell anyone and wastes great ideas.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 05-11-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    aximtreo and Michael Bromley like this.
    05-11-2018 07:41 PM
    Just switched from my 2yo 950 to Alcatel S4. Loving this device -- no issues, great battery, stable, and the camera better than advertised.
    05-16-2018 08:35 PM
    Lumia 730. Got it when it came out in 2014.
    05-19-2018 02:55 AM
    Well it finally happened. Sadly my 950XL went a different direction on a roller coaster.

I've been on a Windows phone since beginning with the HD7. I got the HTC 8X at the Windows phone 8 launch event (great phone). Moved to a yellow 1520 and then finally to the 950XL. I now have the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. I've loaded the Microsoft apps and I couldn't be happier. To be honest, I'm not really surprised at that. Outlook integration is great. With the Microsoft launcher and Cortana, coordination to my laptop works very well. While I don't use a ton of apps it's nice to know that the ones I want are available and current.
    05-19-2018 07:59 AM
    Still here whit an Alcatel S4 (great device), a 650 as backup my wife keep using an 735 (she loves it) and mi daughter uses a BLU WIN HD LTE.
    Using PAWA to make "apps" if i need, is great to keep all i need on the start screen and many webs behave like truly apps this days, I don't like push notifications so for me it's great.
    Michael Bromley likes this.
    05-21-2018 05:13 AM
    Just did a hard reset on my Lumia 950 XL today and a restore from the backup. I have used a Samsung Galaxy S8 for like a month or two now and while I like it a lot it is in no way as nice as the Windows 10 mobile system. Perhaps it is just me but I love:
    • the shape of the Lumia 950 XL
    • the live tiles
    • the Camera
    • the start screen, the
    • the Outlook app(I HATE the outlook app for Android)
    • The awesome screen(great for Netflix)
    • The YouTube apps such as MyTube is actually pretty awesome and the Steam tube as well
    • Plus many other special apps
    • The general color and feeling about Windows 10 Mobile in general

Hence I hope to drag it to the end. If only I could get the restarts to stop as buying a new battery did not work so far but perhaps after this hard reset it will work...

Windows 10 mobile is and was a fine OS that just needed a bit more love. Not gonna dish it right away but also still need some apps(yes those have been discontinued on Win 10 Mobile) that are not usable on the Lumia 950 XL which means I am forced to be using two phones.

The funny thing about the Win 10 mobile is that when you are a Windows 10 user on your working machines it never really feels like being away from you desktop or laptop when you use a Windows 10 Mobile.
    Last edited by Dwarf_King; 05-22-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    Michael Bromley and aximtreo like this.
    05-22-2018 04:16 PM
    Just did a hard reset on my Lumia 950 XL today and a restore from the backup. I have used a Samsung Galaxy S8 for like a month or two now and while I like it a lot it is in no way as nice as the Windows 10 mobile system. Perhaps it is just me but I love:
    • the shape of the Lumia 950 XL
    • the live tiles
    • the Camera
    • the start screen, the
    • the Outlook app(I HATE the outlook app for Android)
    • The awesome screen(great for Netflix)
    • The YouTube apps such as MyTube is actually pretty awesome and the Steam tube as well
    • Plus many other special apps
    • The general color and feeling about Windows 10 Mobile in general

Hence I hope to drag it to the end. If only I could get the restarts to stop as buying a new battery did not work so far but perhaps after this hard reset it will work...

Windows 10 mobile is and was a fine OS that just needed a bit more love. Not gonna dish it right away but also still need some apps(yes those have been discontinued on Win 10 Mobile) that are not usable on the Lumia 950 XL which means I am forced to be using two phones.

The funny thing about the Win 10 mobile is that when you are a Windows 10 user on your working machines it never really feels like being away from you desktop or laptop when you use a Windows 10 Mobile.
    reset using the WDRT or lumia flash... that should stop the reboots.. if not then its a hardware issue
    Dwarf_King and aximtreo like this.
    05-22-2018 05:56 PM
    reset using the WDRT or lumia flash... that should stop the reboots.. if not then its a hardware issue
    so far it has not reboot randomly after the hard reset but I have not inserted any SD card in it and also no SIM card as I just use it on the WIFI as a tablet right now
    05-23-2018 01:36 PM
    I'm still rolling with the Lumia 640 I bought on BF November 2015. At one time I actually had three brand new 640's that I bought on closeout in May 2016 for $25/each sitting in a drawer as backups. My Brother the Destroyer (his record for trashing a phone is six hours) has since whittled me down to one remaining. I kept the batteries out of the three 640's he's killed and just retired my original battery last week.

I've really been pretty happy with my 640 running on Windows 10 - Microsoft, not so much. I really feel they made alot of poor decisions regarding Windows Phone/Mobile Devices and screwed over loyal WP Users by basically abandoning the platform.
    06-01-2018 08:40 PM
    I think the fact of the matter is that we are in a post-saturation mobile phone market now in the west.

So people don't buy phones or change them just for the "upgrade" any more. And increasingly they aren't buying a flagship when they do, but something more like a xiaomi or similar.

So it's really a matter of 'does it still work satisfactorily'? If the answer is yes, they keep the phone. If the answer is no, they look for one that does but doesn't cost too much.

So don't be surprised if some people hang onto their phone for many more years, until it breaks or the app they need isn't there. That's just how the market works now.

And if they do change their phone, don't be surprised if they don't buy a Samsung, or a iPhone, or whatever flagship phone enthusiasts are pimping, with it's new mega-ram, or special camera - and just buy one that does what they want, and nothing they don't.

I feel like my phone will last well until after andromeda is released. I've always been more of a tablet or PC user than a smartphone user anyway. So for me, something like that is a perfect fit.

It's a funny time really for mobile OSes, in that regard. We are between a universal app platform for light apps in the form of PWA, and the old way of doing things. The smartphone market is starting to show signs of it's inevitable wind down.

We are likely a decade from any new affordable consumer features that really push adoption again. More like incremental tech that people don't give a rats about. Any modern phone is fast enough for most consumers. People don't use power apps on phones anyway. And all the big players are making hybrid OSes.

So we are really at a time when smartphone tech has become stale. Nothing noteworthy new is coming out. The OSes will all eventually be replaced. The app systems will largely be replaced. It's actually a very good time to just stick with what works and be meh about the whole thing. As far as tech goes, it's just not where the excitement or real progress is anymore. That's more like AR, VR, AI, IoT, hybrid OS, natural language and things that will take a long time to fully come to market.

At least PC users can still be excited about what their PC can do in terms of VR, gaming, power software. You don't need the extra power at all for the basic OS, but there's still reason to be hyped about the upgrade. Same with big screen TVs - they still offer some palpable advantages over older TVs. Smart features, better display.

For something that has a tiny screen, spends most of it's like being used to check facebook, or navigate to your date, it's not really very exciting to have a slight processor bump, or a resolution hike. Maybe an amateur photographer could still find the odd thing to be excited about, or a casual gamer, or some IoT hobbyist (lol @ microtransactions and the general quality of mobile games, btw), but there really isn't much for any every day person to give a ___ about.
    libra89 and nate0 like this.
    06-04-2018 06:47 AM
    The only thing wrong with Windows Phones was the shortage of apps. The functionality of the interface outshines all other phones in every possible way. Customization is still my favorite feature but second to that is the fact that I can navigate the phone with minimal clicks. I just used my wife's Android while Driving and almost died. My friends I-phone took 6 clicks to get to the meat of an app she uses on a regular basis. It's ridiculous. Personally... I'm holding out for a hail mary from Microsoft. TRY AGAIN! Lets go!
    Michael Bromley likes this.
    06-04-2018 10:02 AM
    For of those of us smart enough to not care what Iphone users think, the Microsoft Phones are a steal! I got a 650XL for $18 and have never looked back!
    Drael646464 likes this.
    06-04-2018 10:05 AM
    For of those of us smart enough to not care what Iphone users think, the Microsoft Phones are a steal! I got a 650XL for $18 and have never looked back!
    Wow, that is cheap. I'm think that by the time I need a new phone, if andromeda isn't out I might get a 4S. By that time they'll be cheap as chips refurbished. And because PWA is only going to grow, the app gap will be just less of an issue as time goes on. I mean you'd be stupid as a bank for example to keep writing android and ios apps, when it's cheaper and reaches more people just to PWA.

Yeah, I'm in no rush. I really enjoy having that shared functionality with my desktop, so I can use the same apps on both.
    06-04-2018 11:43 AM
    I'm struggling to find a phone where I can arguably say the camera is as good as the 950 I'm still using.

People with SGS8's and the like are commenting that the photos my phone takes are really good. It does struggle in some situations, and is really slow by comparison, but still, nothing in my opinion has arguably beaten the lumia cameras.
    Joe920 likes this.
    06-07-2018 01:51 AM
488 ... 1617181920