The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I'm struggling to find a phone where I can arguably say the camera is as good as the 950 I'm still using.

People with SGS8's and the like are commenting that the photos my phone takes are really good. It does struggle in some situations, and is really slow by comparison, but still, nothing in my opinion has arguably beaten the lumia cameras.
    I was using a LG V30 again for about 2 weeks. Took more than several photos with it. Then one day decided to fire up a Lumia 930. Even though it could not zoom in as far as the dual lens V30 it took better a better photo with clearer detail than the the LG. To me there will never be anything simpler or more advanced (In certain ways of course..) than the last Lumias running WP8/W10M.
    06-10-2018 02:26 AM
    I'm struggling to find a phone where I can arguably say the camera is as good as the 950 I'm still using.

People with SGS8's and the like are commenting that the photos my phone takes are really good. It does struggle in some situations, and is really slow by comparison, but still, nothing in my opinion has arguably beaten the lumia cameras.
    No doubt the lumia cameras were top notch. That’s the one thing I miss about Windows phones. Then again, I don’t rely on the camera enough for it to be a major factor.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2018 06:54 AM

I own a S8+ and iPhone 8+ and their cameras are impressive. Having said that, a Lumia 1520 I had a while back captured the stitching on a Major League fastball. I have tried to replicate that with the Samsung to no avail. Unless a knuckleball pitcher comes to Marlins Stadium this year, I may not try this season the way the Fish are sucking.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk
    06-10-2018 07:09 PM
    The only thing wrong with Windows Phones was the shortage of apps. The functionality of the interface outshines all other phones in every possible way. Customization is still my favorite feature but second to that is the fact that I can navigate the phone with minimal clicks. I just used my wife's Android while Driving and almost died. My friends I-phone took 6 clicks to get to the meat of an app she uses on a regular basis. It's ridiculous. Personally... I'm holding out for a hail mary from Microsoft. TRY AGAIN! Lets go!
    Hmm..I disagree slightly. Believe it or not I just got a 650 a few weeks ago and it's my first Windows phone. There are many things to like about it. I lived with Android for several months before this and I have long supported iOS devices in the household. The Windows interface is pretty nice and efficient, prefer it to those other 2 I think. However, coming from many years on BlackBerry 10, I find that interface way more efficient, very easy and fast to get things done, it just "flows".
    I don't have issue with apps, I'm just trying to replicate what I have on my BB10 devices and I think I'm pretty much there. As long as Microsoft does not shut down the phone, I will be hanging on to it for a few more years.
    I gotta give credit to the 650, it's a nice looking device and feels much smaller in hand than it actually is. And Windows Mobile itself, while not without its bugs, so far I only find the Microsoft Store itself frustrating (so slow), the rest of the phone I actually find myself enjoy using, unlike Android.
    I don't care what other users think. I find it amusing it when they find out my phone is actually a BlackBerry or Windows phone. They don't even realize it because I've been able to communicate and deal with work & life at least as well, if not better, than they do with their Androids or iPhones.
    Drael646464 likes this.
    06-12-2018 11:51 PM
    Still using L950 as my daily driver. Don't miss apps that much at the moment. (I have never had an iOS or Android phone, so don't know what I've been missing all these years)
    It makes relatively good photos in poor light, absolutely necessary for my job. I don't always have a dedicated camera at hand.

New phones with comparable camera quality are just too expensive for my taste.
    Two things that would make me swich:
    - if the new battery I just received is as bad as the former one (changes are quite high sadly)
    - if whatsapp stops with the W10M app
    Timbre70 likes this.
    06-13-2018 03:48 AM
    Still using L950 as my daily driver. Don't miss apps that much at the moment. (I have never had an iOS or Android phone, so don't know what I've been missing all these years)
    It makes relatively good photos in poor light, absolutely necessary for my job. I don't always have a dedicated camera at hand.

New phones with comparable camera quality are just too expensive for my taste.
    Two things that would make me swich:
    - if the new battery I just received is as bad as the former one (changes are quite high sadly)
    - if whatsapp stops with the W10M app
    You did not miss anything. In fact, you will lose a proper functioning sstock calculator, integrated call recorder.... if you switch.🙂
    06-13-2018 04:55 AM
    You did not miss anything. In fact, you will lose a proper functioning sstock calculator, integrated call recorder.... if you switch.
    Ya true. I found it weird that a phone released last year (LG V30) did not even have a native alarm clock app already installed...
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-13-2018 11:12 AM
    Hmm..I disagree slightly. Believe it or not I just got a 650 a few weeks ago and it's my first Windows phone. There are many things to like about it. I lived with Android for several months before this and I have long supported iOS devices in the household. The Windows interface is pretty nice and efficient, prefer it to those other 2 I think. However, coming from many years on BlackBerry 10, I find that interface way more efficient, very easy and fast to get things done, it just "flows".
    I don't have issue with apps, I'm just trying to replicate what I have on my BB10 devices and I think I'm pretty much there. As long as Microsoft does not shut down the phone, I will be hanging on to it for a few more years.
    I gotta give credit to the 650, it's a nice looking device and feels much smaller in hand than it actually is. And Windows Mobile itself, while not without its bugs, so far I only find the Microsoft Store itself frustrating (so slow), the rest of the phone I actually find myself enjoy using, unlike Android.
    I don't care what other users think. I find it amusing it when they find out my phone is actually a BlackBerry or Windows phone. They don't even realize it because I've been able to communicate and deal with work & life at least as well, if not better, than they do with their Androids or iPhones.
    I went Android > Blackberry 10 > Windows 10 Mobile.

I think you'll find windows 10 mobile lasts you fine (app wise, we should get many incoming PWAs and in general the platform is pretty replete. Better than BB10 even with the aging android runtime), and you'll grow to like aspects of the UI. It's not as clean and simple as BB10, but it has it's merits like the live tiles, folders and so on. Up and down scrolling is easier IMO than side swiping (for example with a single thumb in one hand)
    06-14-2018 08:18 AM
    Using a 1320 right now, have a classic 920 that I got from my friend who changed his phone, both running WP8.1. Also bought a 830 that I "updated" to W10M. I got another brand new 1320 in case something happens to the one I'm using right now. I use all of these to test my app.

Fun fact, I had another 1320 that was stolen - snatched from my hand when I was on a call - and then found by the cops. The thief had scratched the screen and broke the power button in the 3 weeks he was using it, that b@st@rd. After it was found I got it fixed and now my dad is using it and likes it a lot. Also my mom is using a 640XL that I got her, running WP8.1.

So you can say I know my way around Windows Phones lol. And I can't imagine moving to either iOS or Android. Historically speaking iPhones are for douchebags (no offense to WP users who switched!) and Android is just a plain mess.
    So I'm waiting for the dual screen, pocketable, full Windows 10 devices to kick in and by that time PWAs will become common and tada...a path for me to update my hardware.
    Kevin Rush, nate0 and aximtreo like this.
    06-14-2018 06:48 PM
    Using a 1320 right now, have a classic 920 that I got from my friend who changed his phone, both running WP8.1. Also bought a 830 that I "updated" to W10M. I got another brand new 1320 in case something happens to the one I'm using right now. I use all of these to test my app.

Fun fact, I had another 1320 that was stolen - snatched from my hand when I was on a call - and then found by the cops. The thief had scratched the screen and broke the power button in the 3 weeks he was using it, that b@st@rd. After it was found I got it fixed and now my dad is using it and likes it a lot. Also my mom is using a 640XL that I got her, running WP8.1.

So you can say I know my way around Windows Phones lol. And I can't imagine moving to either iOS or Android. Historically speaking iPhones are for douchebags (no offense to WP users who switched!) and Android is just a plain mess.
    So I'm waiting for the dual screen, pocketable, full Windows 10 devices to kick in and by that time PWAs will become common and tada...a path for me to update my hardware.
    Nice story until you had to lower yourself to name calling.
    Shame.
    06-14-2018 07:23 PM
    Shame.
    We Cubans have a saying that loosely translated goes like: The donkey calling the mule long-eared.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk
    Elky64, TgeekB, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    06-14-2018 10:06 PM
    Shame.
    I've read worse.
    To each their own I suppose.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-14-2018 11:43 PM
    Shame.
    It was meant to be humorous. Maybe that tone didn't get conveyed.
    Still, you're lucky you weren't on GSMArena during WP's golden days when we went to war over which OS is better. I used to moderate the blog over at GSMArena.com and basically what I said here was among the tamest of comments you'd hear over there even if taken seriously!
    nate0 likes this.
    06-15-2018 02:05 AM
    Shame.
    Yes! You can say what you want about iPhone users, but please respect phone thief's spark of divinity.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-15-2018 05:34 AM
    It was meant to be humorous. Maybe that tone didn't get conveyed.
    Still, you're lucky you weren't on GSMArena during WP's golden days when we went to war over which OS is better. I used to moderate the blog over at GSMArena.com and basically what I said here was among the tamest of comments you'd hear over there even if taken seriously!
    GSMarena did use to get down and dirty. Seems a bit mellower now a days.
    I heard ya loud and clear though (for the most part). Text on screen does not always convey what really is under the skin...
    I have an iPhone 6 in behind a cabinet sitting there that I never use. That makes me one of the THEM?...oh noooooo!
    Joking aside. Even if I was using it, one person's comment on a forum is not going to convince me why I am using it or make me think I am what they think I am. Some have tougher skin than others though. I guess better making a comment of that type here than on iMore…;)
    Last edited by nate0; 06-15-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-15-2018 11:51 AM
    Some have tougher skin than other though.
    Christ, we're Windows fans. We better be Rhino tough.
    nate0 and aximtreo like this.
    06-15-2018 12:38 PM
    GSMarena did use to get down and dirty. Seems a bit mellower now a days.
    I heard ya loud and clear though (for the most part). Text on screen does not always convey what really is under the skin...
    I have an iPhone 6 in behind a cabinet sitting there that I never use. That makes me one of the THEM?...oh noooooo!
    Joking aside. Even if I was using it, one person's comment on a forum is not going to convince me why I am using it or make me think I am what they think I am. Some have tougher skin than other though. I guess better making a comment of that type here than on iMore…;)
    Nah, it was a joke. I was actually smiling when I typed it!
    Obviously when you have 2 OS's remaining and the 3rd one is all but dead people have to move to those platforms. I'm practically behind, meaning my needs aren't covered to the fullest extent while sticking with WP, and I am a conservative when it comes to phones meaning I have pretty basic needs. Obviously if you want to live in today's world you need to join one of those platforms.

But if Windows Phone was alive and well, with regular, proper updates in keeping with its core message, with a healthy 10% market share today almost none of the people who come to this site would have switched to any other platform.
    nate0 likes this.
    06-15-2018 12:40 PM
    I bought a 1520 2yrs ago. One of the last 16gb ATT phones, but it was new Bought it to replace a 1520 that I broke. It still works great ..really good camera, passive voice activation, and of course Cortana and terrific voice recognition. I also have a. 920 running W10 great, but only use the cam and for mp3. My 83 yr old Dad is still running a 920 and will not give it up
    raycpl and aximtreo like this.
    06-15-2018 07:38 PM
    1520 is an awesome phone. Both me & wife was using ours until January last year... It fit and feels nice in the hand...
    Was sad to let it go

... !
    06-16-2018 07:17 AM
    I have been using the Verizon Lumia 735 for two years after coming out of the dark ages using a flip phone. Love the phone even more after upgrading window 8.1 to 10 mobile. I am not a big app user so that does not bother me, do like the fact that Cortana connected via Bluetooth in my car will let me know when I have a text message and read it to me using the speakers in my car (will also let me respond using voice). With all the problems with text and drive accidents why do not all the OS's have this feature without paying for an app to do it. Since I also have windows 10 desktop, text can be received and sent from the desktop. I just bought an HP elite x3 Verizon compatible phone on MS store (one of the lucky ones ) hoping to extend the life of my windows 10 experience.
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    06-16-2018 05:14 PM
    I have been using the Verizon Lumia 735 for two years after coming out of the dark ages using a flip phone. Love the phone even more after upgrading window 8.1 to 10 mobile. I am not a big app user so that does not bother me, do like the fact that Cortana connected via Bluetooth in my car will let me know when I have a text message and read it to me using the speakers in my car (will also let me respond using voice). With all the problems with text and drive accidents why do not all the OS's have this feature without paying for an app to do it. Since I also have windows 10 desktop, text can be received and sent from the desktop. I just bought an HP elite x3 Verizon compatible phone on MS store (one of the lucky ones ) hoping to extend the life of my windows 10 experience.
    Not all Mobile OSs run Cortana 'natively' to seamlessly do this maybe? Or this is such a profound concept, I guess nobody has caught on to implement it seamlessly as Microsoft?

Joking aside, maybe there is some patents, or other road blocks and such...I don't know but if anyone could pull it off as good as Windows phones can handle I think it would be Apple.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    06-16-2018 07:38 PM
    I LOVE my Windows phone. Do we know how long we will be able to continue using them? I have had a couple of apps lose usage. I don't want to have to switch...
    Today 12:41 PM
    I LOVE my Windows phone. Do we know how long we will be able to continue using them? I have had a couple of apps lose usage. I don't want to have to switch...
    I hear ya. The BofA app will die off after July....not looking forward to that.
    Today 03:04 PM
473 ... 171819