Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a new HP Elite x3 for Verizon at the Microsoft store over the weekend after the battery started dying on my Nokia Icon. I love the phone and it's working like a charm but I'm not sure whether to keep it or to return it for either an iPhone or an Android, both of which I strongly dislike.

I'm hoping someone here can give me their feedback to help me to decide what to do. Again I'm a dedicated WP user who hates to give up the platform but with news that it's going to not be supported by Microsoft by mid 2019, I'm wondering whether or not to keep my new phone.

I bought one too and I'm keeping it. I support what I like.
Best Wishes

Viliam Svehla

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
I always hear a mockery type "aaah, what a last mohicane with WP" exploded when I pull it out. Honestly, all the jeers stops when I tell about 3 days battery duration (5 days with saver turned on) and OS stability that NEVER made my phone frozen during all the 3 years. I still use 640XL 8.1 for almost three years and this week I finally unpacked a 640XL w10 that I have bought since last August. My spouse use the same 640XL 8.1. I use the phone like my only one device that perfectly fits to my small business solution supported by MS. The w10 version seems to offer smarter functions than w8.1, but I`m still shocked and speachless how tragic is the default GPS navigation app that replaced HereDrive and Maps in w10 version. I still like more the 8.1 version in controlling the basic phone functions.

hunter49686

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_20180421-113331 (1).jpg Huge Windows Mobile fan but finally had to give up (long after they gave up on us). Tried iphone again for awhile but switched to android. Best move ever. Eventually found Launcher 10 and never looked back (it even has LIVE TILES). Now I have an amazing windows mobile experience except that I have access to every app imaginable. I get the look and feel and UI of windows mobile without any limitations. I own a OnePlus 5 which is a reasonably priced flagship worthy phone. I even use Always On AMOLED to give me the Glance screen that I loved from WM. All in all, I often forget that I'm on android. I miss a true Windows Mobile phone but I feel I've actually upgraded because Microsoft completely fumbled, lied and finally gave up on all of us.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 139083 Huge Windows Mobile fan but finally had to give up (long after they gave up on us). Tried iphone again for awhile but switched to android. Best move ever. Eventually found Launcher 10 and never looked back (it even has LIVE TILES). Now I have an amazing windows mobile experience except that I have access to every app imaginable. I get the look and feel and UI of windows mobile without any limitations. I own a OnePlus 5 which is a reasonably priced flagship worthy phone. I even use Always On AMOLED to give me the Glance screen that I loved from WM. All in all, I often forget that I'm on android. I miss a true Windows Mobile phone but I feel I've actually upgraded because Microsoft completely fumbled, lied and finally gave up on all of us.

That is an interesting Android launcher. Looks very good. Whenever I have to switch platforms (most likely to Android, sadly) then this would be very useful to me. How responsive are the live tiles on the launcher? Do they get stuck updating or anything like that?

Traderhorn

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Still using Windows phones since Nokia L800, I have three in regular use 640/640XL on 8.1 and a 650 on 10, all reliable and with good battery life, I still prefer windows phone over Android.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As of today I am no longer using WP. It was with a heavy heart that my Elite X3 got reset and I now use a Xiaomi A1 Android phone instead. On the flip side, I still have all the same apps that I had on WP and I still have MS Teams too which is why I had to move to Android to start with.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
As of today I am no longer using WP. It was with a heavy heart that my Elite X3 got reset and I now use a Xiaomi A1 Android phone instead. On the flip side, I still have all the same apps that I had on WP and I still have MS Teams too which is why I had to move to Android to start with.
Guess it will happen to us sooner or later .. I'll probably be using my 950XL for at least year. Probably get a Nokia 7+ as a secondary phone between now and then...
Probably, maybe etc "Difficult to see. Always in motion the future is”

... !

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That is an interesting Android launcher. Looks very good. Whenever I have to switch platforms (most likely to Android, sadly) then this would be very useful to me. How responsive are the live tiles on the launcher? Do they get stuck updating or anything like that?
They are actually pretty good. Facebook, Outlook, Twitter all show a notification count and updates. Photos and Contacts cycle through like they do on W10M. The Weather Channel displays current temp (via a widget). The only thing I miss is a local weather radar tile like I had with MyRadar in W10M.
7549cecb640d4cbed18ff963f2cb208a.jpg

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
They are actually pretty good. Facebook, Outlook, Twitter all show a notification count and updates. Photos and Contacts cycle through like they do on W10M. The Weather Channel displays current temp (via a widget). The only thing I miss is a local weather radar tile like I had with MyRadar in W10M.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180502/7549cecb640d4cbed18ff963f2cb208a.jpg

I did actuallly try this launcher, but to me, it didn't look as polished as it was on W10M. So I use the Microsoft Launcher instead and I quite like it.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So many great features make using Windows Mobile Phone a joy to experience and use. I enjoy it everyday. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't tell anyone and wastes great ideas.

Last edited:

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it finally happened. Sadly my 950XL went a different direction on a roller coaster.

I've been on a Windows phone since beginning with the HD7. I got the HTC 8X at the Windows phone 8 launch event (great phone). Moved to a yellow 1520 and then finally to the 950XL. I now have the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. I've loaded the Microsoft apps and I couldn't be happier. To be honest, I'm not really surprised at that. Outlook integration is great. With the Microsoft launcher and Cortana, coordination to my laptop works very well. While I don't use a ton of apps it's nice to know that the ones I want are available and current.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99