Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I got an Idol 4s for grins and giggles when Microsoft had a fire sale. I still think it's the most fluid mobile OS. I might use it on my spare line. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL is now the best alarm clock / nighttime e-reader I ever had. Love the red glance screen at night, even showing upcoming appointments, and apart from the bugs, the kindle app is a good reading experience on AMOLED. Wish MS hadn't broken the alarm sounds in a recent update, but I manage. Still like the WP10 UI whenever I use it.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi Adventurer64, is myradar an app in the windows store or a web wrapper app. what does the live tile show. i would appreciate the answer.thanks

It shows local weather radar image on live tile and updates frequently. Really miss this function on my android phone. Haven't found an android widget that works as well.

Attachments

• myradar.JPG
    myradar.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 21

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using a Windows phone. I have a L950 that is still going strong. Eventually I'm gonna migrate to android, but i don't find anything that compares to my Lumia.

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I still use a Lumia 930 as a daily driver, with a 950XL with dock as a back up. I deal with Android/iPhones on a daily basis and just prefer the information centric interface of Windows and the fact it's a lot more stable though the 930 is getting bit flaky/no longer supported with the next Win 10 release.

I don't really use phones that much these as about 90% of what I do is messaging so looking at a converged device if any come out this year.

garcin

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Lol, I am still using a Lumia 920. My husband bailed and went to Android and HATES it. I am thinking of getting a 950 (while still can.) I love my WP.

Charles Goin

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Still using my HP X3 for personal. It's better, I find it does a better job of integration with MS Office exchange and contacts with Facebook. But force to go Android from work and have been using a Keyone a few weeks. With a LOT of tweaks using Launcher10 got it to function as close to a Windows Phone possible. Still not as simple and efficient as Windows Phone.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I am hanging on to my 950XL with a death grip until something better from MS comes along or this phone simply will not work. My wife's 950 recently broke, and I bought a new one off eBay rather than switch her.

Professionally I am a lead systems engineer for a large enterprise. I specialize in Microsoft platforms. I also grew up in a family where my dad's company was a supplier to GM/Ford/Chrysler - only vehicles from those companies were allowed in our family since that is what put food on the table. I feel very strongly that way with Microsoft - I have a lovely home, vehicles, family, etc. all supported by an income that exists because Microsoft exists.

I have gone along for the ride with just about any and every consumer product or service that MS has put out there. Yes, I am routinely let down. I only wish MS loved and believed in their products as much as their fans do.

When it comes to phones, I flat out refuse to let Google anywhere near my personal data. Professionally my company is a Google Apps shop. I deal with Google on a daily basis. They are a horrible company. As for Apple, I genuinely dislike iOS. And to top it off, I absolutely love the UI of Windows Mobile - sure, I wish they had not watered down 10 and left the integration and design from 8.1 - but it is still heads and shoulders above anything else out there.

I am not an app user besides the built-in functionality, and those apps still work great for me.

Despite the repeated kicks to the groin MS keeps dealing consumers, I am not leaving Windows Mobile.

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I am still using my 950XL. And tbh, it's the worst phone I have ever owned, considering how amazing the 1520 was. My experience has been spoiled either by the phone itself (mainly) or by Windows 10 Mobile. There have been countless times when the phone restarted on its own, display turned black with the phone was still on and became a burning charcoal if I didn't notice. Windows 10 Mobile does not have a lot of apps, especially a Nova Scotia app, which affects my experience yes but I still love the OS regardless. I wanted to switch to an Android (maybe Nokia 8/9 or a Huawei flagship) but every time I see how ugly and unintuitive Android is, I immediately have a second thought. Also, thinking about my Android phone would become obsolete in 6 months in terms of OS update is not what I can stand. iPhones are always too expensive and generally not worth the money either. The SE is still about 500 CAD, which is ridiculous. iOS itself is also extremely boring. So, I hate my 950XL to bits, but I simply can't find any better alternative atm. That's why I'm still clinging to my 950XL.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Still using my 950xl as my main driver. As long as it makes calls, receive texts and allows me to browse the web as well as use PWA I will continue using it until it dies or stops being functional. I use it as my main point and shoot camera with the added benefit of one drive syncing. Cloud syncing has been flawless with my contacts, email, calendar and web bookmarks. This being said, I carry the cheapest Android phone I could find as my backup and sparingly use it only for apps that aren't available for Windows 10 mobile or if the app just works better on it because it's more up to date, but if my 950xl can use the web version of whatever app I tend to use it instead.

VikArmo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I use my BLU Win HD dual sim for work. Fast, lightweight, use both my numbers being a dual sim, Office apps and Outlook for email and agenda.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue of random restarts, fast battery drains and over heating with my 950xl but the day I replaced it's battery that was manufactured after mid 2016, all of these bugs went away. This tells me there was a serious quality control issue with the battery that came with this phone. This is also an indication, unlike the iPhone, my 950xl doesn't throttle hardware performance due to battery degradation. It's also a curious decision on Microsoft's part to design a flagship phone with a user replaceable battery instead of one that's built in.

michael rau

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Three windows phones in our house 950xl, 950 and 735. Two windows tablets, two windows laptops and two xbox's. One OS world and it's good keep a 30$ android phone around for the occasional need for an ad filled android app need lol.

Eric Winarta

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using Lumia 950 as my daily driver. but I'm using android tablet too. I live in Indonesia and almost people in here are not using windows phone. I never see my friend at my college using windows phone/lumia, maybe only me still using windows phone :)

I'm an android user too, but mostly just to use transportation application (Go-Jek) and to play only one game (Vainglory).
I hope 2 of that apps exist at windows mobile store, and I don't need android anymore

sorry for my bad English :')

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss