Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I was wondering how many of you are still using a Windows Phone. My last windows phone was an HTC One M8 a couple of years ago. Since I carry 2 phones, one for work, I rather preferred my windows phone for my work phone. I found a good deal on a like new Nokia / Microsoft 735 and am going to use it again for my work phone, we have no choice of carrier at work but Verizon. I have never seen Windows Mobile version 10, haven't used one since 8.1. It really is a shame that Microsoft didn't put the money and effort into becoming a real competitor in the mobile industry.

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
As of today, my whole family still uses WM10 phones. I have a green 1520, and it STILL gets ooos and aaahs whenever I pull it out.
We invested in a complete Windows ecosystem, and now that M$ is forcing obsolescence, we will have to decide on what android phone to get in the future.
I still love the way WM10 works, it is just intuitive clean and modern, and DIFFERENT than the other offerings. I really hate to see it go.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Shoulda been a poll.

I have a Lumia 950, but I just use it for a dedicated Camera. I could put my SIM in it but I don't.

My mother and father in-law both have Lumias. Maw has a 640 and Paw has a 635. They also have another 635 that they use as a WiFi hot spot. Otherwise they'd have to pay for satellite internet and that is costly. I'm trying to snag them some upgrades. They've been on WP8.1 this whole time. I'm trying to get them an 830 (Maw) and a 640 (Paw) that are both on W10M.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
this is stupid, why is posts being marked as spam?? I cant quote a post from pac757 and my reply??

I wouldn't get a L735, if I was you I would get the HP X3 and if you can't for whatever reason, then I would go for a L950xl/ 950 they can be had for cheap nowadays....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My dad is still using his 640 for now. That dream died for me with 2017. I'm figuring out what to do with the one I have.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I use my Idol 4S as a media device in my car (Pandora primarily) and GPS. I travel often, and its been performing well. Battery doesn't last more than 3 hrs, so it's always plugged in. The myradar live tile is also useful in car along with a few others. If the battery lasted full day, it would still be daily driver.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
this is stupid, why is posts being marked as spam?? I cant quote a post from pac757 and my reply??

I wouldn't get a L735, if I was you I would get the HP X3 and if you can't for whatever reason, then I would go for a L950xl/ 950 they can be had for cheap nowadays....

I think the mobile nation's websites must have had a problem today, I had to use the app. As for a 950/950XL I would have gotten one but we're tied exclusively to Verizon at work, and as far as I know no 950 will work on Verizon. As for the HP X3, I can not find a definite answer as to whether Verizon supports the X3 as a phone or not. I know it has a few of the LTE bands but I need the phone to work as a phone not just a data device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think the mobile nation's websites must have had a problem today, I had to use the app. As for a 950/950XL I would have gotten one but we're tied exclusively to Verizon at work, and as far as I know no 950 will work on Verizon. As for the HP X3, I can not find a definite answer as to whether Verizon supports the X3 as a phone or not. I know it has a few of the LTE bands but I need the phone to work as a phone not just a data device.

I recall reading the CDMA model of the Elite x3 is Verizon certified.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I'll pull out one of my 3 Windows Phones once in a blue moon and may or may not throw in a SIM. If we do use w/SIM its usually short lived because the OS (W10M) just has never felt refined to me. The lack of fluidity is such that many actions feel delayed making my phones reminiscent of something out of the 2012 era, or earlier. The inconsistencies I've personally experienced with W10M also adds salt to the wounds - those Windows phones I owned running 8.0-8.1 did not exhibit anywhere near the same traits so that time/place was my fondest memories using windows phone.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Still use a 640, but very sparingly. I mostly use it to read/listen to books using the tucan reader app and to check my personal mails. Occasionally I'll use it for some light browsing, but that's about it.

I'm thinking about selling it, but most people in my country don't even know what a windows phone is. That's what I liked most about it :D The camera is still decent and I keep wondering if I should get a 930 or 950 just for the camera and eventually for media consumption, but I can't justify splurging the cash :/ especially since the 930 isn't officially supported anymore and I get the feeling that the 950 series will be next on the chopping block

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I use my 950XL as it's my phone, I have a worked supplied Samsung and hate it.

My wife uses her 950.

We will use them till they become unusable or a suitable replacement becomes available, we hope they will be phone sized devices that run full blown W10 with telephony, my personal favourite will be that we can port our mobile numbers to our Windows accounts so we could then make calls to and from any PC like our Surfaces and Xbox's as well as the smaller devices.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Still using my 950xl, wife 950, 640, mom in law blu win hd lte

Actually using an idol4s right now, need to source a new 950Xl screen

I have a work iphone, but use it wifi only and put the sim in my Windows Mobile lol

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I use my L830 every day and love both the phone and the OS. It has everything I need from a phone and can do some things better than Android or IOS, but it is no longer reliable enough to use as my main phone. I'll continue to use it until the day it dies. And if Microsoft ever release and support new phones I'll be happy to buy one.

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
I still use my Lumia 550
as my main phone today.No problems still now, except the needed apps which are not going to be found today in the store .The existing apps are still working Good and still i don't have an intention to leave Windows Phone ,except for the times when i use android apps for paying bills.

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I use my 950xl as my phone. I tend to use my phone until it stops working or bits start falling off of it. I'm hoping that MS comes out with something before the next time I'm looking to buy. I've Looked at both of the alternatives and I'm not particularly thrilled with either one

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I, parents and children all use Windows Mobile.

But ran into a new issue just recently. My father's wife's hands have begun to shake and this results in her pressing harder on tiles which also sometimes keeps her finger on a tile long enough to change all tiles to move/size change mode. From there the bouncing fingers play havoc moving, resizing, and deleting tiles. I need to find a way to increase the time it takes for tiles to enter that mode.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm still using my 950 XL and at this point plan to keep doing so as long as it keeps working. From time to time I research Android and iOS alternatives, but at this point I keep coming back to the 950 XL. I've used Android and iOS in the past and still don't relish the thought of returning to either one, so at this point I don't see the reason to make a switch until it becomes a necessity.

Perhaps I've simply become bored with chasing the latest and greatest "flagship" phones and their brief moments in the spotlight.

The thing I'm most certain of is that I'm certainly tired of innovations that are abandoned before they are ever fully realized.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Still chugging along with my 950XL as my daily driver, and will continue to do so until I can't (or a Windows 10 replacement not-a-phone phone shows up).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb