Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Honestly. I use it for reliance; knowing when email is in the inbox, checking the calendar, contacts. However not for making calls, though I am considering going all in again as Android has proven to be a big disappointment after four months of use. In my situation I would loved it IF the operator would allow two sims for one mobile number on the same contract. And Apple is NOT an option.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm using 950xl and I'm so happy to got it, the only thing I really don't like its about pasticky case, so disappointed but in other order I'm so supported, fast with wide screen best camera definition well enough reasons to keep with my 950xl, I'm not looking for another phone at least till one with more than 20mpx and wp10 and windows hello and good battery life and screen def appears on scene I can't believe people getting so excited looking for new iPhone and Samsung Galaxy but they are still round 12mpx God we are on 2018! I used to take pics on 12 mpxl with a nokia n8... Im still on microsoft because i belive in. (sorry for my English grammar )

The MegaPixel war was over years ago. Even DSLR cameras have settled on less but larger pixels just like phones have now.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
OK well after a few years I went back to Windows Mobile, just started using my Lumia 735 on Verizon, been 4 hours and I'm done, pulling out the Sim card and putting it back in my Samsung S7. I didn't realize you can not longer send picture text messages, vital part of my job, and visual voicemail is more longer supported either. Verizon seems to try purposely to kill off Windows phone users. Wasted time calling Verizon as there is not a single employee in business support that actually knows anything about windows mobile OS. Oh well guess my windows phones are going on ebay, probably sell for a whole whopping $25

wtf are you talking about?... I can still send pictures in my txt messages no problems, sounds like Verizon problem, not a windows phone problem... sounds like you need to PROPERLY set up your MMS settings on the phone... I honestly think Verizon purposely tries to sabotage windows users on its service because they make more money on android devices or they personally favor android (fan boys) hate it when a problem occurs and people automatically assume its a windows phone problem...

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
IDK, the only place I read or hear about phones being a status symbol is on a Microsoft fan forum such as this one. I think your line quoted above is needed here as much as anywhere!

yeah because iPhone "groups" like to brag that they're a status symbol... of course you don't read or hear about it, it's just "implied" due to the fact they follow each other like sheeps and come off as condescending and think IOS is the shiznit! they come into this forum which is a windows phone fan forum and knock us WMP users for CHOOSING to stick with WMP and claiming that IOS is superior to WMP's and that we should just give up and switch to Apple phones... and android users are doing the same thing...

Agreed. You don’t hear Apple fans saying this but people here knocking them because they think that’s why they bought the Phone. Or the “closed ecosystem” argument which is silly also.
There is nothing wrong with using a phone, Windows, Apple, or Google because you like it best. We need to stop with the biased comments.

please, you're one of the biggest offenders of exactly that, I have seen most of your posts and you passive aggressively push in favor of android and IOS all the while covertly telling people that they should give up on windows phone mobile...

gazzatopdude

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
as there is only 263 comments, in world which has billions, we can see the depth of recovery Microsoft have in front of them.
It would be interesting, from the 200+ replies, how does everyone's colleagues at work and family members also feel about windows phones?

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
wtf are you talking about?... I can still send pictures in my txt messages no problems, sounds like Verizon problem, not a windows phone problem... sounds like you need to PROPERLY set up your MMS settings on the phone... I honestly think Verizon purposely tries to sabotage windows users on its service because they make more money on android devices or they personally favor android (fan boys) hate it when a problem occurs and people automatically assume its a windows phone problem...

That's exactly what I was thinking also, that the MMS APN settings were missing or incorrect, but the settings for MMS do not exist on a Verizon 735 after Windows 10.xx as well. I have owned Microsoft / Windows phones since back when the Motorola Q was new. I have never seen so much stuff stripped off a Windows phone as what Verizon does. Verizon's CEO must have some personal problem with Microsoft that the keep screwing with Windows phones. I was on the phone with Verizon tech support for 2 hours the guy really tried to help, but after looking through all the pages of the same complaints on Verizon's community website, it appears that no one at Verizon has an answer and they of course blamed Microsoft saying it is a Windows 10 problem.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly what I was thinking also, that the MMS APN settings were missing or incorrect, but the settings for MMS do not exist on a Verizon 735 after Windows 10.xx as well. I have owned Microsoft / Windows phones since back when the Motorola Q was new. I have never seen so much stuff stripped off a Windows phone as what Verizon does. Verizon's CEO must have some personal problem with Microsoft that the keep screwing with Windows phones. I was on the phone with Verizon tech support for 2 hours the guy really tried to help, but after looking through all the pages of the same complaints on Verizon's community website, it appears that no one at Verizon has an answer and they of course blamed Microsoft saying it is a Windows 10 problem.

from what I've seen all over the web, your not the only one with this problem, also even the new x3 that supposedly was re-built to work on Verizon's network are having similar problems, but not as wide spread, I don't know why Verizon is so ant-MSFT!

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Still using 950xl and in no rush to leave. Great camera, clean interface and continuum. I'm sticking with it and web apps! The app problem is real so started playing with an android but it's such a mess that I'm staying w10m right until my 950xl dies

DMelan

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a Lumia 640. The rest of my family moved to Android last year, and based on their experiences, I'm not rushing to make the switch myself. I will eventually, but it's not a priority.

My wife switched from a 640 to a Galaxy S7 last May. She loves that she can get tons of apps now, but the phone's core features are a step backward in her opinion. Where Cortana responds to most questions by saying the answer out loud, OK Google just brings up a list of web sites to click on. Where Cortana gives you the opportunity to dictate a response to a text you got while in the car, the Galaxy does not. She still has no idea why and how she keeps dialing people without intending to. She preferred her 640 for driving directions too. I don't remember what else she complains about, but there's a lot she doesn't like about the S7. Just a few days ago she was griping about it again. She's technically competent and fully capable of dealing with change. She's not a Microsoft fan boy. So for her to still be complaining after 9 months is telling.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
yeah because iPhone "groups" like to brag that they're a status symbol... of course you don't read or hear about it, it's just "implied" due to the fact they follow each other like sheeps and come off as condescending and think IOS is the shiznit! they come into this forum which is a windows phone fan forum and knock us WMP users for CHOOSING to stick with WMP and claiming that IOS is superior to WMP's and that we should just give up and switch to Apple phones... and android users are doing the same thing...

please, you're one of the biggest offenders of exactly that, I have seen most of your posts and you passive aggressively push in favor of android and IOS all the while covertly telling people that they should give up on windows phone mobile...

Your perception.
I have never told people they need to go to Android or iOS. I don’t even use Android! You are putting words (untrue words) in peoples mouths to attempt to prove some point you want to make.
I do use iOS now but believe people should use what works for them. I do often counter the “Android and iOS are crap” comments because they are ridiculous, childish and unnecessary.
As far as iOS fans coming here just to harass you, perhaps you should not be so timid. Many people use more than one OS (I’m so tired of stating the obvious) and this is not some childish “you can only use our OS to play with us” forum. It is a place for people to share ideas, learn about tech and have meaningful but respectful banter. I still own an Idol 4S and keep it updated to the latest build both for fun and to see if there any improvements. It that allowed or do I need your permission?

I think you need to enjoy yourself a little more and not take the smartphone world so serious. There are world size problems to keep us up at night.

Take care.

Ben Levi Giron

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using my beloved L640 with WP8.1. I already lost a few apps and games that I enjoyed but I'm used to live with limitants, specially with technology. I will not change it until it becomes a necessity, but I honestly will miss a lot the Windows ecosystem when that time arrives. I learned that there is not a perfect OS, but Windows Phone gave me less problems in my experience with mobile devices (iOS compatibility and Android storage management have been a headache every time I have tried them) and the interface has been suitable for me.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Your perception.
I have never told people they need to go to Android or iOS. I don’t even use Android! You are putting words (untrue words) in peoples mouths to attempt to prove some point you want to make.
I do use iOS now but believe people should use what works for them. I do often counter the “Android and iOS are crap” comments because they are ridiculous, childish and unnecessary.
As far as iOS fans coming here just to harass you, perhaps you should not be so timid. Many people use more than one OS (I’m so tired of stating the obvious) and this is not some childish “you can only use our OS to play with us” forum. It is a place for people to share ideas, learn about tech and have meaningful but respectful banter. I still own an Idol 4S and keep it updated to the latest build both for fun and to see if there any improvements. It that allowed or do I need your permission?

I think you need to enjoy yourself a little more and not take the smartphone world so serious. There are world size problems to keep us up at night.

Take care.

dilly! dilly! :^)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Unless they've changed their policy, Verizon purposely hides the MMS APN settings. I did a write-up a couple of years ago for updating the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 and I listed the steps to make the necessary reg edits for enabling MMS APN changes if you were on a non-Verizon carrier. Change the DWORD to "0" at this registry tree:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX\HideMMSAPN

It's the same reg edit for Verizon Nokias as well.

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is that the last three "apps" my wife has said she wishes I had on my 950 (she has an iPhone, *shudder*) were all easily accessible as websites. I went to each logged in and pinned the sites to my start screen and she had a hard time telling the difference in functionality. Between the legacy apps, new UWP, and ever evolving web apps (including service worker support) have made the app gap a non-issue for me.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Your perception.

Take care.

I never said you "told" people outright to goto IOS/Android, what I said is you "imply" that we should drop Windows in favor of IOS and thats all I'm going to say on that... and this forum is FULL of people saying that Windows is crap and that IOS/ADdroid is better and we/us WM users is just supposed to keep our mouths shut and not say anything to the contrary... hmmm no thanks. and I can say the same thing about you, stop being so defensive and timid when someone says ADdroid/iOS is crap... see how that works? and no your TOTALLY wrong, Windows users never say that you gotta use WM to play with us, what some of us cant tolerate is when we're told we should drop WM and WM is dead.... and ADdroid is better this and iOS better that and does this better... thats what we/I don't like. and of course your last statement is just preposterous, its not like I lay awake at night stressing cuzz somebody is talking crap about WM. I have loads of fun with my X3 and sleep very well at nights thank you...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo