Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Unless they've changed their policy, Verizon purposely hides the MMS APN settings. I did a write-up a couple of years ago for updating the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 and I listed the steps to make the necessary reg edits for enabling MMS APN changes if you were on a non-Verizon carrier. Change the DWORD to "0" at this registry tree:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX\HideMMSAPN

It's the same reg edit for Verizon Nokias as well.

I did not know that, but it makes sense what you're saying... I think thats a shame that Windows mobile users are obstructed like that...thats shady business practice and IF I was a verizon user would jump ship faster than a ship on fire!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I never said you "told" people outright to goto IOS/Android, what I said is you "imply" that we should drop Windows in favor of IOS and thats all I'm going to say on that... and this forum is FULL of people saying that Windows is crap and that IOS/ADdroid is better and we/us WM users is just supposed to keep our mouths shut and not say anything to the contrary... hmmm no thanks. and I can say the same thing about you, stop being so defensive and timid when someone says ADdroid/iOS is crap... see how that works? and no your TOTALLY wrong, Windows users never say that you gotta use WM to play with us, what some of us cant tolerate is when we're told we should drop WM and WM is dead.... and ADdroid is better this and iOS better that and does this better... thats what we/I don't like. and of course your last statement is just preposterous, its not like I lay awake at night stressing cuzz somebody is talking crap about WM. I have loads of fun with my X3 and sleep very well at nights thank you...

I think it’s awesome you’re using an X3. I almost bought one but felt it was too expensive at the time. I got the Idol 4S instead. I’ve seen some X3’s for a lot less on Ebay lately. Since I use more than one platform I may pick one up to try out. Would you recommend it?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I did not know that, but it makes sense what you're saying... I think thats a shame that Windows mobile users are obstructed like that...thats shady business practice and IF I was a verizon user would jump ship faster than a ship on fire!
I left Verizon about 3 years ago and at that time, Androids were in the same boat. If you had an HTC (and some Samsungs) it was done via service menu otherwise you were forced to root. I can't imagine they've changed their ways, they're notorious for crippling services for use on other carriers.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it’s awesome you’re using an X3. I almost bought one but felt it was too expensive at the time. I got the Idol 4S instead. I’ve seen some X3’s for a lot less on Ebay lately. Since I use more than one platform I may pick one up to try out. Would you recommend it?
Just picked one up yesterday for under $300 with dock. I can't get around that garbage camera on the Idol.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I think I saw one for $285 or so. Is the camera better on the X3?
Than the Idol? Let me put it this way, I had always said the Dell Venue Pro was the world's worst camera....and I was wrong. Yes, the x3 is much better and some reports around here say it has improved via fw updates. We'll see in a few days when FedEx arrives.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Than the Idol? Let me put it this way, I had always said the Dell Venue Pro was the world's worst camera....and I was wrong. Yes, the x3 is much better and some reports around here say it has improved via fw updates. We'll see in a few days when FedEx arrives.

Cool. Let us know.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

dilly! dilly! X 2...kudos!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

good deflecting (i see what you did there) and i get your message :wink:

I say the ONLY good thing about everyone saying that windows is dead is that the X3 is cheaper and more affordable nowadays.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! its an amazing device and HP hit it outta the ball park with this device. the camera is very good nowadays with all the updates. nothing like the 950xl but still up there. I'm sure you wont be disappointed..

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@beman39, I admire your passion in the defense of our beloved Windows 10M and its hardware...I too, am in that camp. But! remember the other guy/gal may feel just as strongly for their OS, and the hardware they spent their hard earned money on. I don't usually have the time to read ALL the posts in a thread (especially if I have not kept up with one for a couple of days) and just read the ones that pertain to my interests, or needs to try and catch up; what I would suggest is that if you see a post you consider a 'hater', just skip it and go to the next...it will help on ulcers :wink:

Jim Dwyer 1968

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I switched from a Lumia 930 to a Nokia 8 android phone last October due to poor battery life on my Lumia. I am underwhelmed by android which I expected to be easier to use. Instead I find it annoying. Is there any way to root the android Nokia and reboot it with W10m? Of course the warranty would be gone but that's ok.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
@beman39, I admire your passion in the defense of our beloved Windows 10M and its hardware...I too, am in that camp. But! remember the other guy/gal may feel just as strongly for their OS, and the hardware they spent their hard earned money on. I don't usually have the time to read ALL the posts in a thread (especially) if I have not kept up with one for a couple of days) and just read the ones that pertain to my interests, or needs to try and catch up; what I would suggest is that if you see a post you consider a 'hater', just skip it and go to the next...it will help on ulcers :wink:

that's fine, he/she can say whats fine about it and I can counter and we can have a friendly disagreement, but what I don't like is when they imply or say outright that windows is dead and "let it go" or to drop WM and use ADdroid/iOS and that WM is crap or bad or what have you... that's where it ticks me off and then I find myself having to defend WM.. WM is (TO ME) the best OS out there and many others might disagree, but its too bad MSFT screwed the pooch so badly on how they've handled and didn't stand behind WM like its some sort of b@st@rd child... WM as an OS is fantastic and that's the ONLY reason I stick with it...has nothing to do with loyalty... believe me if ADdroid was half as good and secure as WM I would be switching to ADdroid... plain and simple

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
that's fine, he/she can say whats fine about it and I can counter and we can have a friendly disagreement, but what I don't like is when they imply or say outright that windows is dead and "let it go" or to drop WM and use ADdroid/iOS and that WM is crap or bad or what have you... that's where it ticks me off and then I find myself having to defend WM.. WM is (TO ME) the best OS out there and many others might disagree, but its too bad MSFT screwed the pooch so badly on how they've handled and didn't stand behind WM like its some sort of b@st@rd child... WM as an OS is fantastic and that's the ONLY reason I stick with it...has nothing to do with loyalty... believe me if ADdroid was half as good and secure as WM I would be switching to ADdroid... plain and simple

I agree with what you say, all I am suggesting is that you don't take it so personal..."I" also believe MS will get back in the game soon.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
good deflecting (i see what you did there) and i get your message :wink:

I say the ONLY good thing about everyone saying that windows is dead is that the X3 is cheaper and more affordable nowadays.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! its an amazing device and HP hit it outta the ball park with this device. the camera is very good nowadays with all the updates. nothing like the 950xl but still up there. I'm sure you wont be disappointed..

I appreciate the input. Not deflecting, trying to create meaningful conversation.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the input. Not deflecting, trying to create meaningful conversation.

This is symptomatic with society in general. It's this "either you're with us or against us" attitude that has become pervasive and needs to be extinguished. Until then, we can't fix racism, income inequality or any other issues. For Jeebus' sake, we can't even have a meaningful dialogue over a effin' smartphone OS.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Lots of activity on this thread now...
I had not visisted it for more than several days and there were like 200 unread posts. Glad folks are interested in Windows Phones ;)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Lots of activity on this thread now...
I had not visisted it for more than several days and there were like 200 unread posts. Glad folks are interested in Windows Phones ;)

Interest, good or bad, is a good thing. When people stop talking about it is when you should worry!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This is symptomatic with society in general. It's this "either you're with us or against us" attitude that has become pervasive and needs to be extinguished. Until then, we can't fix racism, income inequality or any other issues. For Jeebus' sake, we can't even have a meaningful dialogue over a effin' smartphone OS.

I agree. You see it in politics too. Far right or far left. Most of us are somewhere in the middle most likely. Same with smartphones. Heck, I switch more often that I care to admit so I’m certainly not going to dig in on one side. I’d rather waver between both sides and enjoy what both offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers