Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
HoosierDaddy;[URL="tel:3732137" said:
3732137[/URL]]I'm not understanding why ghosting people (had to look that up) would lead to you switching phones? Good choice of phone BTW.

Because the iPhone constantly reminded me of the ordeal I went through and I just wanted something that doesn't.

Gord Sutherland

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
what are you talking about, no replacement? 950xl can be found everywhere! ebay, swappa, craigslist, Kijiji, even here in the market place...

Ok fair comment. I guess I should have been more specific. I have MS complete on the phone and they have told me they have no further replacements. They offered me a full refund which I will likely take. I have been burned before using some of the options you mentioned but honestly never considered swappa. Good idea and thanks.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok fair comment. I guess I should have been more specific. I have MS complete on the phone and they have told me they have no further replacements. They offered me a full refund which I will likely take. I have been burned before using some of the options you mentioned but honestly never considered swappa. Good idea and thanks.
Swappa and eBay have Buyer Protection via PayPal. If you've been burnt in the past, I would suggest one of those options for peace of mind. Amazon is also a viable choice but their vendors usually run 25-30% above normal market prices.

dcoward

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both use Windows phones. Mine is a 640 dual sim. But more and more apps I need are dying. I love the OS. Best out there. In on Win10mobile slow ting. But it has reliabilities that need fixing, which won't happen. So I'm going to have to switch to Android. Bummer. Microsoft made a mistake cutting off development, because if they want to successfully develop a mobile version of Win10, they need a group of active mobile users who can test their Win10 mobile shell decisions and features.

Xaphoon148

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Still?
Of course I still use my 950 XL
What else useable is there...?
And using a 640 as dash cam
And a 1020 and 920 for time-lapse

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm still using my Windows Phone to this day, and decided not to go back to my previous ship of Android.

I'm currently using a Nokia Lumia 830 running on W10M FCU as my daily driver. However, I'm thinking about replacing it with Microsoft Lumia 950 and also thinking about buying the Nokia Lumia 1020.

hoj1955

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been with windows since 7. Lately I got a couple 640s back when they were $30. One as a backup, one as a dd. I'm hard on phones at work. Then got a 640xl when att dropped the price to $99. Really liked the bigger screen. Really liked the 640xl. When MS dropped the price on the 950xl got one of those. It's been my dd since. Running the latest insider build on it and have never had any problems with it. Got a Moto g3 cheap to try android. It's running 6.1. The phone works fine and I kinda want to like it, but by the middle of the week I can't help going back to my 950xl. I suppose I could get used to the android os if I had to. Right now WM works perfectly for me.

anon(9638631)

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I've used Windows Mobile since way back in the Treo 650 days. It was WM and BlackBerry devices for me. Windows 7 came along and I started out with an HD7S then moved to a Focus S when my HD7S went swimming. Moved from that to a Lumia 920 then about a year or so later to a 1520.

Dropped that in a heartbeat for a Note 4 then got a Note 5.

Currently my daily drivers consist of an unlocked BlackBerry K1, an unlocked BlackBerry Classic, an unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9900 circa 2011/2012, and I just recently picked-up an unlocked Alcatel Idol 4S W10 to play around with. Will it replace my Android device? Not in a million years but it seems pretty decent for what it is. Hardware is great. OS has its limitations and of course the dreaded app gap is the black eye in the game.

I've been carrying the Alcatel for the past few days. With the exception of the above downfalls, so far so good.

mattmossmusic

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a WP user and Verizon customer. Remember when they tried to launch the Microsoft kin phones on Verizon? They pulled them after two months, I think that's why Verizon doesn't support Windows phone so much.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a WP user and Verizon customer. Remember when they tried to launch the Microsoft kin phones on Verizon? They pulled them after two months, I think that's why Verizon doesn't support Windows phone so much.
C'mon man, the Kin 2 was pretty badass for its day. It was just too different considering people were still rocking Sidekicks.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I wonder...if Microsoft would have tried their hands at Android or an Android-like OS device (even though we all think they never would), if that too would have been given up on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99