Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 950XL for now. The camera has been having a lot of issues focusing lately and it sounds like there's a beetle stuck under the lens. At some point I'll have to cut my losses, and the new Nokia 6, while not perfect, is looking pretty good.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I've used Windows Mobile since way back in the Treo 650 days. It was WM and BlackBerry devices for me. Windows 7 came along and I started out with an HD7S then moved to a Focus S when my HD7S went swimming. Moved from that to a Lumia 920 then about a year or so later to a 1520.

Dropped that in a heartbeat for a Note 4 then got a Note 5.

Currently my daily drivers consist of an unlocked BlackBerry K1, an unlocked BlackBerry Classic, an unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9900 circa 2011/2012, and I just recently picked-up an unlocked Alcatel Idol 4S W10 to play around with. Will it replace my Android device? Not in a million years but it seems pretty decent for what it is. Hardware is great. OS has its limitations and of course the dreaded app gap is the black eye in the game.

I've been carrying the Alcatel for the past few days. With the exception of the above downfalls, so far so good.

'Not in a million years.' Are you kidding? Android is SUCH ******* CRAP! My 640xl is better than most Android phones even with 1GB RAM!!!!!! App gap is soooooooo much of exaggerated crappola! I use four WM phones and one Android and the Android sits on the desk unused for 99% of the time until I need to use Square, otherwise with, 'all the apps, soooo many apps' it's useless, boring , buggy, terrible to use. I'd get an iPhone over Android any day if I couldn't use WM!!!!!! Best thing you did was get he Idol

SA31

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
ok, I've been giving my 950xl the prime daily driver duties for a little over a week. its been ok so far, still like it more than my moto g4. still don't see how this will last tho, i mean what are we holdouts supposed to do? hold out for new device? yeah im starting to finally accept that im going to have to get an iphone sooner or later.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Got one of the last new 1520's (Att model) on Amazon about a year ago. It is my second one . Had the first about 2 years before breaking it changing battery. It does everything well...including passive voice activation. I will use it till it dies. If there is still no new device from MS when that happens I will probably take a look at the Huawei line

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I find my 950Xl to be a good phone.. Great camera, sharp screen and I'm highly dependent on it for my Excel with Continuum. I do miss my 1520. That big screen & battery life can't beat

... !

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
'Not in a million years.' Are you kidding? Android is SUCH ******* CRAP! My 640xl is better than most Android phones even with 1GB RAM!!!!!! App gap is soooooooo much of exaggerated crappola! I use four WM phones and one Android and the Android sits on the desk unused for 99% of the time until I need to use Square, otherwise with, 'all the apps, soooo many apps' it's useless, boring , buggy, terrible to use. I'd get an iPhone over Android any day if I couldn't use WM!!!!!! Best thing you did was get he Idol

I use both platforms, a 950XL and a Nokia 8, and while I don't LIKE Android I want an OS that's supported and I don't want an iPhone. The Nokia 8 is about as stock as you'll get, all the new Nokia phones are, without getting a Pixel and the battery life, so far, is on par with Windows Phones.

So you can either hold out with W10M and hope that Satya changes his mind, which he won't, or join the rest of the world using Android or iOS!!!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So you can either hold out with W10M and hope that Satya changes his mind, which he won't, or join the rest of the world using Android or iOS!!!!
It's not about holding out, it's about using what works for you.

I own all three OSes and each has their place - for me. My work days are consumed with emails, call and texts and Windows does that better than the others - for me. The iPad is the best tablet out there for doing tablet things and that's what works - for me. My S8+ has the best camera I've used since my 808 PureView so I keep it in the glovebox as needed and that works -for me.

Call me crazy but I'm done searching for the perfect phone so I mix and match as needed. It just so happens that for telephony a Windows phone works best. For me. I don't like it any more than the rest of Windows users but such is life. If Microsoft would have done things differently I'd be sporting a Windows phone and my iPad exclusively but regrettably, that's not in the cards any time soon.

vucina

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I use it as my work phone and wifi hotspot, because of very good battery that didn't lose much capacity for 3 yrs. I know it doesn't have LTE, but 3G is fine and most areas where i use mobile internet are not LTE-capable.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Microsoft is developing Surface Phone, something is telling to me. Is not possible to leave the phone market when is getting more and more relevance by the time. Is just a suicide.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I own all three OSes and each has their place - for me. My work days are consumed with emails, call and texts and Windows does that better than the others - for me. The iPad is the best tablet out there for doing tablet things and that's what works - for me. My S8+ has the best camera I've used since my 808 PureView so I keep it in the glovebox as needed and that works -for me.

That’s why whenever I see someone overwhelmingly for one OS over the others and find the need to mock the ones they don’t use, I laugh. They all have positives and negatives as you stated.
I choose to stick strictly with Apple for now for continuity. You choose to use all 3 so you get the best experience on each. As long as we’re happy, what’s the difference?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I still have a Lumia 950 which I am using now....while my Nokia 6 is charging.

I used Windows from 2012 up until last year when I bought my Nokia 6 on android....i like android much more now than I did.....it has the app my work requires. Unfortunately Windows does not.

Other than live tiles there really is nothing I see advantageous about Windows anymore...I have windows launcher on android and it runs very well.

My windows phone freezes up often...dont know why....i have the latest update.....at least the android doesn't do that. It's quick and responsive......and of course more apps than most people will ever use....its nice to have those choices though.

Use what you enjoy...its your money and your choice.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As long as we’re happy, what’s the difference?
In today's society, you're not allowed to be happy. There must be something wrong with you if you are. I truly don't understand how people can become so engrossed on things they have no control over and makes no difference in their lives. It goes beyond fanboyism. Ford vs. Chevy, I'll leave it right there.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Call me crazy but I'm done searching for the perfect phone so I mix and match as needed. It just so happens that for telephony a Windows phone works best. For me. I don't like it any more than the rest of Windows users but such is life. If Microsoft would have done things differently I'd be sporting a Windows phone and my iPad exclusively but regrettably, that's not in the cards any time soon.
I think I'm about to follow in your footsteps, kind of. I have a iPhone 7 currently and it is working out well for me. It's not the best phone ever, but it has the best balance of my wants and needs in a phone. Of course, I would like for it to be shorter but again, this is the best balance.

I'm looking forward to my Surface Pro, since it does things that the iPad or an Android tablet can't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss