Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Not giving in. Still using Alcatel idol 4s and loving continuim. I have a lumia 650 as backup. At age 50, I don't need everything in my face 24/7 anymore and no social media. When my Windows phones die, may go back toflip phone. Cricket still sells one.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've recently bought a Nokia 6 (2018) in Black with Copper accents to replace the Lumia 950XL I had as a backup to my Nokia 8. Fantastic phones from HMD and as much as I love the 950XL I don't miss it at all, I'll keep it for the nostalgia though

I’ve got the 7.1 (great phone) and also recently started trying out a BlackBerry Key2 LE. Both perform quite well.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to be on W10M anymore, it's time to move on.

I'm having a really annoying time finding a replacement to my L950. Anyone bought any android phones they felt were a decent upgrade hardwarewise over the L950 that can make suggestions?

I'm keen on keeping a headphone jack, having a decent camera, and wanting a phone with IP6x water resistance, so it rules out quite a few of them. I'm kind of stuck between picking up an older Xperia XZ1 or a Oneplus 6, but even those phones have their detractions.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung s10

I'm liking the S10e, especially because it comes in yellow (I had a L920 in yellow).

It just has the following problems; it's still expensive, I'm not in the USA, so it uses the exynos chips, which are inferior and samsung doesn't like updating their android software.

I'm trying to decide between a xperia XA2 plus or a pocophone f1. Doesn't really fix any of the issues, but the pocophone is half the price, and the XA2 is a third of the price of the S10e.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't say that the exynos chips are inferior and Samsung put out software Updates monthly

If you read a few anandtech articles, the exynos chips do exhibit poorer performance, and poorer battery life. It was the case with the S9, where in the S9 series the gap was enough for them to only recommend the snapdragon version. Gotta wait and see for a more in depth review of the exynos 9820 vs SD855, however preliminary tests show that the 9820 is, performance wise, slightly better than the SD845.

Regarding the updates, it's a constant criticism of samsung, that they're really slow with a lot of their updates, especially major versions. With that said, my first foray into smartphones was with a SGS1, and it took forever for updates to come when it seriously needed them. With that said, I also had the problem of a carrier branded device. I know better now, but it was early days then. Don't know what it's like now, but I constantly see that criticism, so presume that it's ongoing.

Last edited:

heyanil673

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
You will no longer get updates as of my experience because nowadays Android and IOS is more popular and used and I think that windows will no longer provide updates because there are a very less amount of users windows have that's why.

Saber Dahmen

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm still loving it 6 years later
we ARE working on Windows 10 on Nokia Lumia 920

Phone update since 2013 ==> 2017 ...
1 ) Microsoft Windows Phone 8
2 ) Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
3 ) Lumia Black
4 ) Lumia Cyan
5 ) Lumia Denim
6 ) Microsoft Windows Phone 10 ( the Insider Program )

Windows 10 Mobile (OS Version : 10.0.13281.0 )

time to say goodbye Lumia 920

i buying a new phone Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (June 2019)
Master of Speed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss