Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Still using windows phone. I am using a Lumia 950, daughter 1 a Lumia 650, daughter 2 a Idol 4S, media player for wireless speakers is a Lumia 635. My mother is still using a Lumia 635 windows phone 8 on Sprint, and I have two friends still using Lumia 650's. My son and wife defected to Android. I gave my daughter the Idol to replace her Lumia 520 that was having issues. I like the 950, 650 and Idol. The Idol seems to be the most premium in feel and appearance but I feel the Lumia 950 and 650 are more stable overall. I still would like to get a hold of a Elite X3, but they are still crazy expensive.

Has anyone tried using the HP Elite laptop with a Lumia 950 or 950XL? If they work together I would look for one as a travel laptop to replace my Asus T100 windows 10 as the keyboard is unreliable and only has wifi.

trandat

Feb 4, 2020
Visit site
I just picked up an HP Elite last month and the more I'm using it, the more I like it.

My needs are fairly basic:

TXT
SMS TXT
Phone calls
Weather app/widget
Uber
WiFi capability
VPN
Browser
Camera
Ability to check my outlook email
Ability to add additional e-mail accounts (smtp)

jdiritto

May 12, 2020
Visit site
One less windows phone user as of 5/11/2020. I paid the price to upgrade to an Android after using a Nokia Lumia 928 since Oct. 2016 that cost 99 cents at the time.

For the past year or two it had a shattered screen held together with packing tape (work amazingly well) and only charged with a $10 wireless pad.

lumia 928.jpg

Purchased Samsung Galaxy A51 for a lot more than 99 cents. ... :unhappy: but it seems pretty nice after a few hours use last night.

Still planning to keep using the Nokia to play Pandora around the house; I think they think it is a PC and play music pretty much ad free without a subscription!

Anyone else still use a windows phone?! Someone I work with was amazed I did and when I broke the sad news he said he wouldnt be surprised if I was the last person on earth with a windows phone :cool:

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Download Launcher 10 and try it out. You can make Android look almost exactly like Windows Mobile. And if you use Textra for SMS, it can look just like the Windows Messaging app.

And of course you can still use Outlook for email and calendar. My Android is a better Windows experience now than my last Windows phone was. Until you get into the settings, you can hardly tell it's not Windows. And I have apps!

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
One less windows phone user as of 5/11/2020. I paid the price to upgrade to an Android after using a Nokia Lumia 928 since Oct. 2016 that cost 99 cents at the time.

For the past year or two it had a shattered screen held together with packing tape (work amazingly well) and only charged with a $10 wireless pad.

View attachment 142173

Purchased Samsung Galaxy A51 for a lot more than 99 cents. ... :unhappy: but it seems pretty nice after a few hours use last night.

Still planning to keep using the Nokia to play Pandora around the house; I think they think it is a PC and play music pretty much ad free without a subscription!

Anyone else still use a windows phone?! Someone I work with was amazed I did and when I broke the sad news he said he wouldnt be surprised if I was the last person on earth with a windows phone :cool:

Second to last person....I switched from my 950 to a OnePlus6T around June 25th! :evil:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am still using my L950 XL as an email hub... I'm currently using Sailfish X on a Xperia 10 as a daily driver and the email experience is not that great. Had to switch due to lack of Whatsapp (due to the current pandemic) on WM10 otherwise everything else still works fine on the L950XL. Saifish X uses AOSP emulation, you have to purchase a license with a one of fee to use it. The free version does not include Android app support.

I've used ios and android, the email experience is not that great either especially when it comes to syncing services that are not gmail or icloud.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I still have my Idol 4s that I use occasionally, although not anything like a daily driver.
My wife's and her backup 4s and my sister's all have dead batteries or barely hold a charge. Wife moved to Galaxy A5 5G.

I'm using a Galaxy S20 FE 5g, but my backup 950XL may have forced retirement soon if T-Mobile is serious. Their web site that checks to see if a phone will stop working after an upcoming change says the 950XL will no longer work.

DimitrovDev

Jan 15, 2021
Visit site
I still have a Lumia 630m in some drawer now that I use when I travel to different countries alongside with my main phone(to be able to change SIM cards and because I like the maps app and the GPS is very accurate.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Download Launcher 10 and try it out. You can make Android look almost exactly like Windows Mobile. And if you use Textra for SMS, it can look just like the Windows Messaging app.

And of course you can still use Outlook for email and calendar. My Android is a better Windows experience now than my last Windows phone was. Until you get into the settings, you can hardly tell it's not Windows. And I have apps!

Tried all that. Cannot put your outlook contacts in without putting them in Gmail. Deal breaker, Have to have a Gmail account to use most features or download "Apps". Writing is on the wall though. I received a text from Cricket wireless that as of February 2022 if phone is not HD voice compatible it will no longer work on there network. My Lumia 950, daughters Lumia 650 and Idol 4s are all HD Voice compatible, but will Cricket let them work? Running them as long as possible.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I received a text from Cricket wireless that as of February 2022 if phone is not HD voice compatible it will no longer work on there network. My Lumia 950, daughters Lumia 650 and Idol 4s are all HD Voice compatible, but will Cricket let them work? Running them as long as possible.
T-Mobile says the same. Thought I would be safe since 950XL is. But T-Mobile has a page to enter an IMEI to confirm and it says my 950XL will lose service. Maybe a glitch, but you might want to have CS conform for you.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
T-Mobile says the same. Thought I would be safe since 950XL is. But T-Mobile has a page to enter an IMEI to confirm and it says my 950XL will lose service. Maybe a glitch, but you might want to have CS conform for you.

I wondered if T-Mobile would do same? My mother uses a T-Mobile Idol4s on T-Mobile, I will check to see if she received the same message. Cricket says to enter IMEI in system also to check compatibility. I have not done that yet, am worried that they will not allow it due to them wanting all older phones off the network regardless if they work or not..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I wondered if T-Mobile would do same? My mother uses a T-Mobile Idol4s on T-Mobile, I will check to see if she received the same message. Cricket says to enter IMEI in system also to check compatibility. I have not done that yet, am worried that they will not allow it due to them wanting all older phones off the network regardless if they work or not..
If T-Mobile pulls the plug on a T-Mobile phone, they have stated they will offer a free Galaxy A21 (IIRC). I would not be surprised if whoever oversees that has no idea they ever sold Windows phones and so might not reach out to her. If her IMEI says it won't be supported, let her know to contact CS about a free replacement.

rick1979

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
No don't use a Windows phone now but moved to android and put all Microsoft apps as default and some as system admin works just as well if not better

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
My wife's and her backup 4s and my sister's all have dead batteries or barely hold a charge. Wife moved to Galaxy A5 5G.

I'm using a Galaxy S20 FE 5g, but my backup 950XL may have forced retirement soon if T-Mobile is serious. Their web site that checks to see if a phone will stop working after an upcoming change says the 950XL will no longer work.

Did your 950XL make the cut with T-Mobile? My mothers T-Mobile branded Idol 4s for windows did and all is working great. ATT says my Lumia 950 is safe, doesn't look like the Unlocked Idol or cricket branded 650 will. Still don't know if Cricket will keep my 950 on network? will find out come February 2022..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Did your 950XL make the cut with T-Mobile? My mothers T-Mobile branded Idol 4s for windows did and all is working great. ATT says my Lumia 950 is safe, doesn't look like the Unlocked Idol or cricket branded 650 will. Still don't know if Cricket will keep my 950 on network? will find out come February 2022..
I'll try it and see. Give me a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss