Who is still using a Windows Phone? Honest Question.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Nokia Lumia 1520 that I use for pictures and video when I am giving golf lessons. The ability to save photos from the frame by frame edit is very valuable to me. Also still use it for music. What a great phone. Killed by Satya Nadella. Now no one has a microsoft device in their pocket during the day. What a colossal miscalculation. I could go on and on about their current business philosophy but I am pretty much over it. I don't see them ever reversing on their mobile position and it is very sad.

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I stil use it and I'm happy with it, especially as a UWP developer. I completely switched to Telegram when whatsapp decided to not maintain its windows mobile app and I also changed 2 times the battery, which was still fortunately possible with my Lumia 950. Great photos, with OneDrive integration, good hardware and it's just ok with social networks (not my priority). I am a PC person, so those services unavailable on my phone normally I reach them on my 2 in 1 pc.
I think this is my last battery though, next year maybe I'll have to move on. Any hint about some sort of windows mobile coming back?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I stil use it and I'm happy with it, especially as a UWP developer. I completely switched to Telegram when whatsapp decided to not maintain its windows mobile app and I also changed 2 times the battery, which was still fortunately possible with my Lumia 950. Great photos, with OneDrive integration, good hardware and it's just ok with social networks (not my priority). I am a PC person, so those services unavailable on my phone normally I reach them on my 2 in 1 pc.
I think this is my last battery though, next year maybe I'll have to move on. Any hint about some sort of windows mobile coming back?
With the Surface Duo out running android and rumors of a surface duo 2 to come out early fall, likely hood of new Windows mobile slim. continue to use my 950 until the carriers ban it.

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
With the Surface Duo out running android and rumors of a surface duo 2 to come out early fall, likely hood of new Windows mobile slim. continue to use my 950 until the carriers ban it.

Speaking of banning, are any windows phones still able to operate on any carriers/mvno's? Just curious if windows phones have finally been completely eradicated :shocked:

Has the technological Ice Age finally sent them the way of the dinosaurs?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Speaking of banning, are any windows phones still able to operate on any carriers/mvno's? Just curious if windows phones have finally been completely eradicated :shocked:

Has the technological Ice Age finally sent them the way of the dinosaurs?

My Lumia 950 still works on Cricket for data and sms but no voice. They refuse to provision it. My Lumia 650's do not work. I put my sim in for kicks and it came up with LTE data but got a text saying to reboot phone to finish setting up. As soon as phone rebooted I got a nasty text saying my account was suspended and to please put sim in a approved phone ASAP. I put sim back in the free crabapple phone they sent me and still was with out service for about 2 hours.

My mother is still using a Alcatel Idol4s windows phone on T-Mobile. It is a T-Mobile locked phone but all features work.

I still put sim in the Lumia 950 once and a while when i don't want to be bothered with calls. If they leave a voice mail i get a notification and can receive the message from any other phone.

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 950 still works on Cricket for data and sms but no voice. They refuse to provision it. My Lumia 650's do not work. I put my sim in for kicks and it came up with LTE data but got a text saying to reboot phone to finish setting up. As soon as phone rebooted I got a nasty text saying my account was suspended and to please put sim in a approved phone ASAP. I put sim back in the free crabapple phone they sent me and still was with out service for about 2 hours.

My mother is still using a Alcatel Idol4s windows phone on T-Mobile. It is a T-Mobile locked phone but all features work.

I still put sim in the Lumia 950 once and a while when i don't want to be bothered with calls. If they leave a voice mail i get a notification and can receive the message from any other phone.

We still have a working Idol 4S, haven't turned it on in several years now... interesting to know that it still works with some carriers :smile: I've read of multiple people saying the same thing you did, if you put your SIM in a non-provisioned phone they suspend your account and it takes a while, and sometimes a call to customer service, to get things working again :straight:

We've been with AT&T forever, and even though my wife's unlocked Moto G6 wasn't on their list of approved phones after the 3G shutdown, it continued to work perfectly. I heard they wouldn't be shutting down long term customers phones, but it shows they have the ability to run more phones on their network than they claim. Same with the other networks from what I understand :wink:

So I'm guessing the Idol 4S is the only windows phone that is VoLTE capable? We have a couple 520's (one running windows phone 10) a 650 and the Idol if I remember right :wink: Still do miss the live tiles :grin:

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Lumia 950 is HD Voice compatible and on the ATT whitelist of supported phones. Unfortunately Cricket (owned by ATT) chose not to provision the HD voice. The Lumia 650 also supports HD Voice but Cricket response was it did not support enough of the LTE bands to warrant keeping them alive even though my 650 is a Cricket branded phone. My 950 is a ATT unlocked phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss