Leaving iPhone7+ for X3 this week?

HenrikOrth

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I need some information. I know Windows mobile as a platform is completely dead and that a few apps have dropped out of the store such as banking apps (which is understandable). But after getting rid of my 950 XL I've tried both a Galaxy S7 and an iPhone 7 Plus and I really dislike the software. I'm looking forward to the Andromeda device coming at the end of this year, maybe even early next year if there are delays (which I know, isn't technically a phone), but I don't want to be stuck with an iPhone until then.

My question is this, if I purchased an X3 Elite today, how long could I expect it to work and for the UWP apps to stay available? As long as I have myTube, Twitter, freda, Podcasts(Beta) and perhaps a few others (Spotify?), until at least mid 2019 I'll be happy.

If not an X3 I'll move to android as I thought the lack of a headphone jack wouldn't bother me too much, but it does, a lot! Expandable storage would also be really nice.

Cheers.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no telling when stuff will start falling off.

I highly recommend test driving Windows 10 Mobile though, as you may run aground some dealbreaking shortcomings that other platforms don't have. Back in 2016 or so, I used a 640 on W10M and while it worked well on the surface, I was - if my memory serves me right - looking for the door within a week.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If you sell your iPhone 7+ you could probably pick up a used x3 and used midrange Android device from the earnings 😀

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I just bought an X3 a couple of weeks ago....my third one. I've used my sim card with it maybe three days in total since I got it though. I keep moving back to my Pixel 2XL. The X3 should have been the phone that put W10M on the map, but we all know how that went. It's a really nice phone. I really wish that HP would release an X4 running Android.
If you like big phones, you are aware of the state of W10M, and don't use a lot of apps, I say give it a go. Like a few posts above have mentioned, I would also suggest buying a mid-range Android phone too just in case the X3 doesn't meet your needs.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
If you still have the Galaxy, try installing Launcher 10 on it. I think the end result will be acceptable enough for you not to have to go back to an X3.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I would not invest any money in a windows 10 mobile device right now, unless you are just using it for talking and texting, I would not depend on apps working into 2019.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3