Ring security devices and Windows Mobile.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Ring recently killed their Windows Mobile app. Probably made good business sense.

But since the purpose of their products is REMOTE reporting when the devices are triggered, Windows Phone users were deprived of the use of those devices due to an action by the company. You can't tell nitwits to get off your lawn if the Ring device no longer lets you yell at them via your phone. :grin:

Ring issued me a full refund for my Ring device when I contacted them about this. I had purchased the device from Best Buy. I emailed Ring a copy of the receipt. Then Ring emailed a FedEx shipping label for me to ship the device to them. In my case they just wanted the device itself, and none of the tools, accessories, etc. it came with. When they received the device, they issued me a check.

I'm not sure if they would have any obligation past the "regular" warranty period for the product. And since they issued the refund voluntarily, I don't know where they might draw the line with other requests.

If you used Ring products with Windows Phones and don't have or want to buy another mobile device for notifications and real-time interactions (video, voice), it might be worth the time to request a refund. If only some users of a particular installed Ring device rely on Windows Phones, I have no idea what Ring would/should do. Returning the device would be trading one problem for another but I doubt they would send you a new iPhone to use. ;)

I don't know the best way to contact Ring about this but I used the email for the founder, Jamie Siminoff which is printed on their products' boxes: J@Ring.com

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I heard about the FedEx bomb explosion in Texas. What's wrong with people?

If I had dropped off my Ring doorbell this afternoon instead of weeks ago, I doubt the clerk would have laughed when he squeezed the envelope and it started chiming. I was surprised he could accidentally press the button thru all the bubble wrap but it has no "off" switch and the rechargeable battery is sealed in the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720