WMR to Xbox??

EddieBarsh92

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone had any news, clues, or ideas when or if WMR or other HMDs could be coming to Xbox? Many fans, including myself, are just straight up tired of waiting and have sold their Xboxs to go to PSVR to get their VR fix instead of opting for PC which can be costly.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone had any news, clues, or ideas when or if WMR or other HMDs could be coming to Xbox? Many fans, including myself, are just straight up tired of waiting and have sold their Xboxs to go to PSVR to get their VR fix instead of opting for PC which can be costly.
Mike Ybarra has publicly said that there will be no VR on Xbox through 2019. Personally, I'll put money on one or two titles happening next year. I would assume you are probably going to need a One X to do it.

EddieBarsh92

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Wow. They said VR was coming at the X launch the it got pushed back to 2018 and now were looking at 2020? Oh wow. I sold my X1 to get the PSVR and was starting to save money to get an Xbox One X thinking that the Big E3 announcement was gonna be both cloud gaming and VR. Guess not. Been with Xbox since 2001 never owned a PS until last month when I bought one for the VR. Guess ima have to stick to Sony from here on out until I can afford a PC

TravestyLive

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site

I'd love to see VR and Augmented Reality come to Xbox One / Xbox One X.

My wife would love to be able to use VR on a console. We'd like to be able to use it for ourselves in some story based games as well as using it for parties (I know that party games will tend to be more gimmicky).

I hope that VR as a medium moves beyond being a gimmick, and becomes something that is widely supported and utilized. I feel like price point will be the biggest hurdle for that, followed by the ingenuity, budgets, and schedules of developers.

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

While I understand some players want Microsoft to come through with this, I am not one of them. I have a Vive and Samsumg Odyessy WMR, I've was more impressed with the Vive 2 years ago than I am with WMR now. It just feels like they will half-*** it like WMR.

stfnilsson

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
What happened with the uwp app support? It’s ok if I can’t use the WMR for all games, but I want to use the current VR apps in the store. Of course SteamVR support would be nice

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'll be honest, I have absolutely ZERO interest in vr. Be it on PC, xbox, playstation, etc... However, I find it unbelievable that MS has not made something available for xbox users who do have an interest in it. With the resources, both in money and engineers/people, they have at MS there really is no excuse for them not having it.

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Mostly content and hardware, the vive is a premium device from 2 yrs ago. the first WMR headsets felt like they ignored what made the vive so good and created a version 1.0 WMR. HTC got the vive right on the first try!!!! The odyssey is the only headset that at least performs and feels like a step up from the vive, all the other WMR headsets felt crippled and out of date on day one.

Content is the other thing, the steam integration is still buggy and feels like an afterthought...

WMR headsets are already being discount at up to 50% because they are not selling.

With that said, MS owns PC 100%, you would have thought their foray into VR would have been top notch. Can they even do enough to make the XBOX VR experience any better?

Microsoft wants to wait for wireless headset tech, that may very well be at least 3yrs away...

duk3togo

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Gaming_Forever1

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Why would you sell your X that's just plain dumb , just Buy PSVR and PS4 . I own everything except switch ..

W SCHENCK

May 19, 2018
Visit site

I'm still waiting myself. The Xbox One X has all this power and it's being drastically underutilized.

o0steveo0o2

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
why dosent Microsoft just make the Xbox One X compatible with the PC hardware and software thats currently out there. If theirs no VR this year ill be returning to the store for a refund on the bases that its not VR compatible/ready...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett