With Microsoft killing Windows phone I wish they had prepared a better transition. I know they have the Microsoft launchet with Cortana support. But to me it would have made sense if they made android/ios version of the windows phone messaging app that would also sync with pc, Edge browser for android still doesn't support the ebooks you purchase, and why not also make an android/ios people app? Lastly, I wish they built an android skin from the ground up that was like the windows tile system with full Cortana support and the android/ios versions of the windows apps. I don't know how much time and resources that would take, so please let me know if I'm were wishinf for something unrealistic in terms of time, cost, etc?
    04-03-2018 02:37 PM
    For your last thought regarding tiles, I've tried to convince friends and family to switch to a tile based launcher like square home 2 on android or use tiles in Windows 10 on PC. No luck, I have not succeeded with one person. Everyone I know hates tiles and all prefer dumb icons. With Windows 10 gaining traction at work, I've yet to see anyone use tiles to launch apps or get quick notifications. I personally love tiles and use on both Android and Windows 10.
    aximtreo and RaRa85 like this.
    04-03-2018 06:48 PM
    I loved the tiles on WP, but I just don't like the tile launchers.
    04-03-2018 07:34 PM
    I love the tiles as well. Currently, I use Square Home 2 on the Note 8. It just seems that if other developers cam see the benefit if making a tile based launcher why doesn't MS? And they could add android versions of all the windows features and even give us the extra customization s that launchers like Square Home offers 😤
    04-04-2018 10:15 AM
    I guess my point is that most people hate tiles for whatever reason based on my observations. Thus, I'm sure MS has their own studies that may suggest same thing and hence MS launcher being more traditional with icons.
    04-04-2018 11:16 AM
    Microsoft can't keep too much time giving his services and apps through other systems (Android, iOS), is like dig his own tomb. The future is the mobile devices, and losing terrain will be fatal, I'm sure they know it and then, I believe in a future (not too late) Surface Phone or something else, but they need to introduce Windows in the mobile market.
    04-05-2018 03:54 PM
    I guess my point is that most people hate tiles for whatever reason based on my observations. Thus, I'm sure MS has their own studies that may suggest same thing and hence MS launcher being more traditional with icons.
    I don't like Live Tiles. I liked and used Windows Phone for other reasons, but Live Tiles were a downside for me. I think they are inefficient use of valuable real estate.
    04-05-2018 07:35 PM
    I don't like Live Tiles. I liked and used Windows Phone for other reasons, but Live Tiles were a downside for me. I think they are inefficient use of valuable real estate.
    I actually use less space with live tiles versus icons keeping in mind I never liked folders containing more icons. Plus, I prefer the vertical scroll rather than swipping through home screens. Using square home 2 I mix in widgets and cube tiles, so things can get really interesting and condensed. But, I recognize that I'm not the norm.
    tgp likes this.
    04-05-2018 08:50 PM
    I don't use Windows Phone for this reason, but in my case I prefere the current Windows Phone interface (flat and basic colours, uncharged icons and menus, etc.) than Android and iOS style. I wish the new interface in Surface Phone keep this current style line.
    04-06-2018 04:35 AM