Surface Phone announcement in the next 2 Weeks

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just bumped into a pre release hardware tester for MS and heard the Surface Phone (that's the name of it) is going to be announced in the next 2 Weeks. Asked about Andromeda, he wouldn't say more. He did say that the reason Skype for Business, yammer was canned is that they are releasing 'timeline' which is cross device and you can go to any point in the past 30 days. Very useful!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just bumped into a pre release hardware tester for MS and heard the Surface Phone (that's the name of it) is going to be announced in the next 2 Weeks. Asked about Andromeda, he wouldn't say more. He did say that the reason Skype for Business, yammer was canned is that they are releasing 'timeline' which is cross device and you can go to any point in the past 30 days. Very useful!
Are you excited?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. I just can't see MS releasing any device with the word Phone in the title.

If they used "Idol 4S with Windows" they could ostensibly use "Surface with Phone Edition". I think there's enough of a differentiator there.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
im sure there will be some sort of announcement at build about a folding device, dont know if they will use the word phone though. There is big pressure right now on who is going to get their device out the door first. Mobile phone market has stagnated now and actually dropping. So the time is now for some sort of new device. MS have one chance at getting this right and they MUST be the first ones to announce. BIG PRESSURE.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

1.) Does Microsoft use third party "pre-release hardware testers"? Or are you saying this is a Microsoft employee risking his job by leaking NDA information?
2.) Why would a pre-release hardware tester, especially third party, have information about when a product is being announced, and even down to the exact week?

Beyond the counter intuitive name "Surface Phone", there's quite a bit here that doesn't seem to line up.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Will find out at Build I guess, if its true I will develop the relationship with source further :) - if not then I guess it was a lot of hot air he told me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers